View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Divided States of Hysteria #3

1 6.67%
  • Kill or be Killed #11

6 40.00%
  • Low #19

1 6.67%
  • Manifest Destiny #30

1 6.67%
  • Redlands #1 [series premiere]

2 13.33%
  • Rose #5

0 0%
  • Sacred Creatures #2

2 13.33%
  • Think Tank Vol. 5 #4

1 6.67%
  • Violent Love #7

0 0%
  • The Wicked + The Divine #30

1 6.67%
  • Youngblood #4

0 0%

Default Image Comics poll week 32 - Hide your Bibles, these are the Redlands!

Hey everyone, welcome back to the Image poll! We do these weekly, so join in if you'd like!

Last week's poll saw a pretty close race between 3 candidates, with East of West ultimately pulling ahead to take the win.

What's going on this week at Image: Kill or be Killed begins a new storyline, whilst Low ends its current one. Manifest Destiny also wraps up its current storyline, as does Think Tank - there's no new arc announced for this yet, but since it deals with an invasion of Estonia you can be sure there'll be a lot of fallout to deal with.

New this week however is a cool-looking series.
    Redlands is a witch-tale set in modern day Florida, where the local police department is having a very hard time keeping the witches under control. Some of the witches are aiming to seize control of the region in the meantime. This series comes from an absolute all-star creative team, colourist superstar Jordie Bellaire writes it (known from every book ever), Vanesa R. del Rey is on art duties (you know her from Zero and Scarlet Witch), oh and Clayton Cowles shows up as well for good measure.

287257.jpg

LOW and Kill or Be Killed for me.

Favorite Remender book, but KobK is always fantastic.. so we'll see.

Kill or be Killed #11
    Manifest Destiny #30
    Violent Love #7
    The Wicked + The Divine #30
    Youngblood #4

Amazing Member

I checked out RedLands and I'm not a fan. I really don't like the artwork and the story isn't compelling enough to even follow. Yeah, I'm from here in FL. And even that is an insult to a local Floridian. Besides Brubaker and Remender's stuff, I gotta mention Sacred Creatures. Cause, I do love Janson's works. That's pretty intense and worth it so far. However, as far as the rest of the releases of this week goes, there's nothing else that's worth checking out.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

This for me is like a Stray Bullets week, where as good as anything is, it can't compare to my vote-getter; this week, Kill or Be Killed.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Killed or Be Killed really good as usual. But this was a pretty special issue of Manifest Destiny so I went with that.

LOW was so good. I wish more people were reading it around here.

Only picked up Redlands this week but it was deserving of my vote. I'm not usually a horror fan but Jordie Bellaire and Vanesa Del Rey did a great job of building this ominous foreboding presence through the eyes of the police under siege and the reveal of the main characters has me on the edge of my seat waiting for more.
    Monthly: Batwoman, Black Hammer, Black Magick, Detective Comics, Injection, Extremity, Heathen, Lazarus, Monstress, The Old Guard.
    Mini Series: Abbott, Return to Whisper, Songs for the Dead.
    TPB/HC: Animosity, East of West, Invincible, Seven to Eternity, Southern Cross, The Woods.

Think Tank needs the love. Wish more people were reading this hidden gem.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

I always need more hidden gems--
    heh... convince me. Why do you like Think Tank, how'd you choose it (clearly I somehow passed it by), what's it remind you of?
    thanks!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    I always need more hidden gems--
    heh... convince me. Why do you like Think Tank, how'd you choose it (clearly I somehow passed it by), what's it remind you of?
    thanks!
    Think Tank is about a genius scientist that the government (Darpa?) funds his research but uses it for weapons. He grows a conscious and doesn't want his inventions used for weapons so works to sabotage the projects without going to prison. He's a smart ass (think the doctor from the TV show House with a dash of Tony Stark).

Quality art. The weapons and ideas are taking from actual current things being developed, so even though they seem sci fi crazy, they are actually close to being reality. The writer Matt Hawkins does a study lab at the end of each issue with links to the research that these ideas are inspired by. Entertainment and education.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

thanks. will think about it.
    any other think-tankers out there?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    thanks. will think about it.
    any other think-tankers out there?
    I read the first volume 3 volumes and really liked it. Smart, fun, and well drawn. It's worth checking out. Been waiting for a collected edition to come