Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    The difference being Reader is in the event, the phoenix, legion etc not here. My pointing out an Inhuman who is there could have ended it in seconds is a bit different from saying "oh well if the X-Men had the phoenix! or Legion!"

Dazzler is a good counter to Black Bolt's scream, except he didn't scream thus creating my problem. A whisper is not enough power to knock him out especially not with how durable he is. It's bad writing.

I'm not mad I just get bored of pointing out some clear cases of things being written to nerf characters to force certain scenarios to happen and then being met with "youre just made cuz you lost" no I'm bothered because the character is being poorly written.
    It happens in every event mate. Mostly with the villains. It's just comics.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    It happens in every event mate. Mostly with the villains. It's just comics.
    Then why is the response "you're just mad" and not "yeah, vs events suck for character showings"

Back on topic, has anyone managed to weasel out of Matt Fraction what his original pitch for the Inhumans was? The one that ended with him leaving Marvel?

Then why is the response "you're just mad" and not "yeah, vs events suck for character showings"

Back on topic, has anyone managed to weasel out of Matt Fraction what his original pitch for the Inhumans was? The one that ended with him leaving Marvel?
    Because looking at most of your post, you just sound aggressive or something. If you know that event suck for character showings, why bother arguing with everyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Because looking at most of your post, you just sound aggressive or something. If you know that event suck for character showings, why bother arguing with everyone ?
    Why bother having a discussion on a discussion forum? Boggles the mind.

Ultimate Member

You can pull OP x-men out of your ass but what it comes down to is they aren't around during the time period the event takes place in.

It's not cheating, I just don't find it weird when someone acts like the X-Men win because they're more experienced when the X-Men won the first few rounds because they had the element of surprise. If you flipped that and the Inhumans took out all the X-Men using the element of surprise I'm sure you'd have the same opinion. Sucker punch attacks aren't a good indication of a team's capabilities. .
    Reader wasn't around at the time too, so what's your point?

The X-Men won most every round because they had superior experience planning attacks, superior team work and superior numbers, in terms of skilled agents. Again, 30 plus years of history behind them.

And knowing how to exploit the element of surprise comes from experience

The existence of IvX makes for a great argument against the Inhuman push. That event was pure garbage.
    Can't have enough street levelers.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by thesecondkat View Post
    The existence of IvX makes for a great argument against the Inhuman push. That event was pure garbage.
    I don't think it's an argument against an Inhuman push. It was just dumb to place them up against the X-Men in the manner that they did.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I don't think it's an argument against an Inhuman push. It was just dumb to place them up against the X-Men in the manner that they did.
    Yeah, the X-Men can be fairly dumb but the crux of the event rested on them having just communicated and no one would have fought. That's terrible writing XD At least AVX talked it out before throwing down.

I don't think it's an argument against the push, it's mostly just evidence of how bankrupt the X-Editors are of ideas. How long until the next mutant extinction event? 2 months?

You can pull OP x-men out of your ass but what it comes down to is they aren't around during the time period the event takes place in.

It's not cheating, I just don't find it weird when someone acts like the X-Men win because they're more experienced when the X-Men won the first few rounds because they had the element of surprise. If you flipped that and the Inhumans took out all the X-Men using the element of surprise I'm sure you'd have the same opinion. Sucker punch attacks aren't a good indication of a team's capabilities.

Not refuting Dazzler's ability, but the idea a whisper from Black Bolt is enough to super charge dazzle after we've seen her take a scream from him is a super eye roll point for me. If he screamed at her and she turned that back on him then fair pair, but a whisper? No. Black Bolt goes toe to toe with the Hulk, a whisper isn't going to do crap to him.

Medusa's hair is OP, in Inhuman she was ripping quinjets out of the sky. It having enough force to crack a diamond doesn't seem too outlandish.
    The Phoenix can be easily summoned by killing or at least mortally wounding Jean Grey.

Well, i dont know; the Inhumans are supposed to be the heroes of the event.

Yeah, the X-Men can be fairly dumb but the crux of the event rested on them having just communicated and no one would have fought. That's terrible writing XD At least AVX talked it out before throwing down.

I don't think it's an argument against the push, it's mostly just evidence of how bankrupt the X-Editors are of ideas. How long until the next mutant extinction event? 2 months?
    Like if the X-office had any power these days; if they cant even get to Rogue to show up in the X-books, much less this.
    IvX came from the general editorial.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, no. The X-Men are getting screwed because Marvel had to sell their rights. And I'd point out, that Medusa's own people weren't sure how she would decide.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    The Phoenix can be easily summoned by killing or at least mortally wounding Jean Grey.
    True, surprised Emma doesn't do that isn't like they could have done a deeper hatchet job on that character.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, i dont know; the Inhumans are supposed to be the heroes of the event..
    Well yeah, they are the party that didn't do anything wrong and got attacked because the X-Men don't like to negotiate before causing conflict.

Yeah, no. The X-Men are getting screwed because Marvel had to sell their rights. And I'd point out, that Medusa's own people weren't sure how she would decide.
    Yeah cuz after having your home attacked unprovoked Medusa tends to be spiteful, it's why negotiating with enemies first is kind of the standard across the planet to avoid wars XD

Yeah, it was pretty dumb.
    Maybe rather than an argument against the Inhuman push, it would be better as an argument against the whole decimation thing that marvel's been doing with the X-men for a while now. It's just that those two things came together in such a disastrous fashion in IvX, that I kind of put the two of them together there. I probably could have phrased that better.
    Can't have enough street levelers.

Ultimate Member

Yeah cuz after having your home attacked unprovoked Medusa tends to be spiteful, it's why negotiating with enemies first is kind of the standard across the planet to avoid wars XD
    As I stated, it was unclear as to how Medusa might decide. She might destroy the cloud, or protect it. Iso wasn't certain, after all. Were it not for Inferno and Iso, the matter would have been resolved inside of a day

As I stated, it was unclear as to how Medusa might decide. She might destroy the cloud, or protect it. Iso wasn't certain, after all. Were it not for Inferno and Iso, the matter would have been resolved inside of a day
    Yes, Iso and Inferno two relative newbies who won the day against the super experienced, master tactician X-Men, who also forgot about Lockjaw.

They didn't know what Medusa would do because as I said, they know Medusa was piiiissed at the X-Men for attacking New Attilan. Had the X-Men just showed up, explained then the cloud would have been gone. Medusa is pretty kind and understanding until you piss her off. Another masterstroke tactic, X-Men.

Ultimate Member

Yes, Iso and Inferno two relative newbies who won the day against the super experienced, master tactician X-Men, who also forgot about Lockjaw.

They didn't know what Medusa would do because as I said, they know Medusa was piiiissed at the X-Men for attacking New Attilan. Had the X-Men just showed up, explained then the cloud would have been gone. Medusa is pretty kind and understanding until you piss her off. Another masterstroke tactic, X-Men.
    Hey, they won