Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The premise doesn't really make much sense.

Why would Disney alienate an audience they worked to build enough so that they would have trouble rebuilding said audience? Even on the unlikely chance that you could do it, why create that problem knowingly?

That said, it might account for Netflix buying Millarworld.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I do not see why there would be even very small changes to the shows. Netflix makes them exactly the way Marvel Studios wants them to be.

Also, Agents Of SHIELD? Turned into of the best superhero-related show on tv, easily on par with most of the Netflix ones, and better than anything the CW is doing.
    Horses**t

it took until the LMD arc for SHIELD to get its s**t together, as a show

Legends Of Tomorrow is EASILY the best superhero type show on TV, hands down

BANNED

it is my understanding that the Marvel shows on Netflix are co productions of Netflix/ABC/Marvel, so Disney wouldn't pull those

its all the mainline Disney stuff, and honestly Im surprised it took Disney this long to come up with their own service, they definitely have enough content

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    The premise doesn't really make much sense.

Why would Disney alienate an audience they worked to build enough so that they would have trouble rebuilding said audience? Even on the unlikely chance that you could do it, why create that problem knowingly?
    Disney cleared house when they bought Marvel and they did it with SW and everything is still fine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Disney cleared house when they bought Marvel and they did it with SW and everything is still fine.
    I assume this refers them getting rid of the old EU, which they pretty much had to do if they wanted to make Episode VII instead of Episode XXVIII.
    How did they clear house with Marvel?

To entertain this...

How, exactly, would you wipe the Netflix slate clean and start from scratch on something that would be anywhere close to the quality those shows display?

Let's assume that you could. How many fans of the current slate do you lose in doing so?

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Horses**t

Politely disagree in the strongest possible fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Horses**t

I love LOT but this most recent season of AoS, last season of arrow and everything netflix except Ironfist is better Imo. But i watch Legends with a ear to ear smile so i can see how you feel that way.

They cleared house with Marvel? All the big names were there before Disney bought them. Im sure some ppl have been fired but i was l under the impression Disney meddled very little in Marvel affairs untill demoting Ike to TV.

The big 3 at marvel are Feige,Ike, and Quesada right? Didnt they all work for marvel prior to disney? Genuine question cause i think so but i could be mistaken

I am getting tired of Disney. They own like 80% of my childhood. They can have this blow up in their face for all I care.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I could see the shows getting worse. I can't imagine why that would be the case, because Marvel Entertainment's TV division determines the show's content, not Netflix.

I, on the other hand, fully intend to keep my Netflix account and I expect them to continue putting out strong, original content. As more time goes on, I am thinking Disney deserves less of my money. They are a bit lucky that they own Marvel, so they will continue to get some of my money.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I love LOT but this most recent season of AoS, last season of arrow and everything netflix except Ironfist is better Imo. But i watch Legends with a ear to ear smile so i can see how you feel that way.
    I can agree with that - the LMD arc and then Agents of HYDRA, the framework, AIDA, all of that was amazing TV

it took 4 seasons for me to get invested and I loved evil Fitz aka The Doctor

BANNED

Kevin Feige has been with Marvel Studios from the start, when they had their distribution deal with Paramount

when Disney bought them, he actually saw his responsibilities increase and Disney is the type of company that as long as you are producing good stuff and making them money, you get left alone

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Sooner or latter Disney will have all their stuff on their own streaming service. That is just a given. They will just let all the current contracts run out first. I would not be surprised if you saw all the ABC stuff pulled off Hula when that deal is up and moved over to the Disney stream too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Sooner or latter Disney will have all their stuff on their own streaming service. That is just a given. They will just let all the current contracts run out first. I would not be surprised if you saw all the ABC stuff pulled off Hula when that deal is up and moved over to the Disney stream too.
    could happen

Disney has a ton of content to where that may not even be an issue

between the animated, live action, and television catalogs (and by that I mean Disney Channel shows and shows theyve produced that have already ended) you could run them all for years and not need new content