BANNED

Default You get... THE LIFE NOTE!

Like it says on the tin.

After a *small* skirmish between the Gods of Life and a certain Alien Emissary, several white notebooks fall to Earth(they tried to give the creature life so that it could be killed, but... it didn't work out too well for them. Something about thermodynamics, causality, temporal linearity and entropy equations having been "long since surpassed.")

Each notebook has the following rules written as a preface:

The human whose name is written in this note shall either return from the dead, OR have their life prolonged.

This note will not take effect unless the writer has the person's face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.

If the cause of return or extension is written within the next 40 seconds of writing the person's name, it will happen.

If the cause of return or extension is not specified, the person will simply re-appear with as they were, but with their cause of death removed.

After writing the cause of return or extension, details of the Act of Life should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.

UNWRITTEN POWER 1: the consciousness of a random God of Life is entombed in each Life Note(it seems that The Emissary sealed them into their own books, to use them as doorstops and toilet paper later...) This allows whoever picks up the Note to mentally commune with their Life God.

UNWRITTEN POWER 2: By delaying your own death by 1,000 years(your Life God will offer this deal once you reach 1,000 lives saved...) you will gain the Countdown Clock: by looking at anybody's face, you will be able to see how much life they have left(it looks like the life bar on a side-scrolling beat-em-up game...)

CAUTION: You may only commune with your personal Life God for a total of 180 seconds each day, else, The Emissary will come looking for an extra doorstop...

Other than all of the above, you now wield the power of a LIFE NOTE!

How shall you become God of the New World?
    Last edited by T51R; 08-10-2017 at 01:06 AM.

I do the most trollish thing possible that immediately comes to mind:

Elvis Presley - de-aged and delivered by aliens to Graceland after they abducted him years ago.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

Always wondered about what Bruce Lee would have accomplished had he lived, and if he would have jumped in the ring at UFC 1 or something.

I'd bring him back just to see how he adjusts to modern film and MMA and all sorts of things he influenced.

Probably resurrect a few creators who died too soon, like the guy who wrote the Kaze no Stigma light novels. That series had nice potential.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

I go to a graveyard and bring an endless stream of people back to life inside their own coffins.

Fantastic Member MorphyVSFischer's Avatar

Several questions: 1) If they died of natural causes do they come back younger

And two how accurate does the face in my mind have to be, like we have what is generally considered to be one accurate painting of Shakespeare, would that work

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MorphyVSFischer View Post
    Several questions: 1) If they died of natural causes do they come back younger
    Depends on what you write in the cause and details sections; i.e. you can cause someone to either resurrect in their prime, resurrect in the moment of their death just to die again, or reincarnate as a new person(or a dog, cat, dragon....)

Quote Originally Posted by MorphyVSFischer View Post
    Several questions: 1)

And two how accurate does the face in my mind have to be, like we have what is generally considered to be one accurate painting of Shakespeare, would that work
    You need to be looking at a pretty accurate representation of that person, i.e. a portrait that depicts near-exactly what the person looked like. So let's say within 5% margin of error, else the Notes won't work.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I go to a graveyard and bring an endless stream of people back to life inside their own coffins.
    ...and make them IMMORTAL ZOMBIE NINJAS!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post

Probably resurrect a few creators who died too soon, like the guy who wrote the Kaze no Stigma light novels. That series had nice potential.
    This guy gets it.

Well, I think a lot of us would use it to bring back, oh, all the beloved celebrities we lost in 2016. From David Bowie and Alan Rickman to Prince to George Michael, Carrie Fisher, and Debbie Reynolds.

Take THAT, 2016!