Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Did the superhero community ever really like Scott?

I've just been thinking of how easy it was for them to paint him as the bad guy. Then it dawned on me. Maybe they never liked him much in the first place.

Steve Rogers as it stands actually is a bad guy currently but I'd bet dollars to donuts they'll forgive him much faster. There won't be any comparisons to Hitler or his friends turning his back on him. Scott may not be as respected(which he should be especially in the mutant community) but he was every bit the hero Captain America used to be. It makes me sad that Cyclops may never get the acknowledgement of everything he sacrificed to continue Xavier's Dream; becoming the ultimate pariah in the process.

Until about ten years ago now no one in the X or Superhero communities had any problems with Scott. Even Logan respected him for all their differences. Scott was usually viewed as a good leader and man. I can't think of one person who had a beef with him that wasn't something personal between them and not a general view of him or his character as a person.

BANNED

I don't care what the X-Men say, or the Avengers, Captain America, Inhumans or any other. All that matters is that...

The superhero community never cared for the mutants. Some of them pretend to, like the Avengers, but the mutants are on their own (Cyke included).

That's what you get for not kneeling and siding with the Avengers, Captain Hypocrite and Tony Stark will put you on their black list.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Some of the X-Men cared for him, some respected him, and some learned to put aside their frustration. I do know that ever since X-Factor he may of lost some respect from his teammates due to the Maddie incident (I don't believe anyone knows she gave him an ultimatum) even with them finding out she was a clone of Jean. The psychic affair with Emma certainly didn't help matters especially considering he got with the barbie doll straight away presenting her as the new resident telepath and headmistress to the school. Now with what's happened and the Emma using his name to start a war Scotts basically one of those infamous Hollywood actors that no one wants to work with.

As for the other heroes I'm not sure he ever really interacted with them. I know a few X-Men like Jean, Storm, Wolverine, and Beast have gathered respect with others but Scott I'm not quite sure.

I think even prior to m-day, and the X-Men becoming even more isolated, Scott didn't have a lot (or any) connections outside the Xverse.

He never had mini series, small crossovers, and never popped up on non mutant or mixed teams. He only interacted with the wider marvel universe when shit really hit the fan.

So I magine other heroes respected him, but more like a good co-worker rather than a friend.
    Last edited by Kusanagi; 08-10-2017 at 09:41 AM.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

There was that one time when he and Carol Danvers hugged.

And then he and Emma kicked her out of the mansion.

That's about it, I think.

I think they liked him more when Jean was around.

Oooh, he was a guest at Reed and Sue's wedding. But then he panicked and ran away screaming because all he saw was a Red Wedding.

hums the Rains of Castamere while shaking and crying

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Oooh, he was a guest at Reed and Sue's wedding. But then he panicked and ran away screaming because all he saw was a Red Wedding.

hums the Rains of Castamere while shaking and crying
    Hey, I thought the pun was amusing. A little.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I think they liked him more when Jean was around.
    IIRC one of his teammates told him that to his face...

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

The think through the various crossovers during the 80's and 90's the closest non X-Men superheroes Cyclops was friendly to would be the Fantastic Four and the Inhumans (yeah, I know!). I think others like Steve Rogers respected Cyclops, but didn't care for him or the mutant plight.

BANNED

Cyclops killed the only one that mattered, so...

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Hey, I thought the pun was amusing. A little.
    That's all I ask. At best, a sensible chuckle.