Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    Both in X-2 Mystique tried to sleep with Logan disguised as Jean. He only found out by her scar so she said, "No ones ever left a scar quite like you." He tend told her to get out and she started shifting between Jean, Storm, Rogue (gross), and Stryker (I don't even wanna know) before leaving. Also Mariko is so bland I forgot she existed, so I imagined her and Silver Fox as the same person.
    Ah, now I remember it. And just before that he hit on Jean. Kissed her(forcibly??). And pretty much wanted that Jean leave Scott for him. This, around the time Scott is kidnapped and they don't even know if he's alive or not. Assholery has got to have its limits.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Ah, now I remember it. And just before that he hit on Jean. Kissed her(forcibly??). And pretty much wanted that Jean leave Scott for him. This, around the time Scott is kidnapped and they don't even know if he's alive or not. Assholery has got to have its limits.
    Hey he's the hero. They can do whatever they want and not get called out because they "save the day".

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    So glad this wasn't in the movie. It's a distigustimg pairing.
    I didn't even open the link but from what I'm reading im going to say ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    A good decision to cut that crap out.
    the one thing the fox-men got right

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I don't know, I think fandom gets in the way of telling a story. Wolverine's love for Jean has never made him a monk. If you follow his solo you know he's not even close to celibate. In the movie universe, he was never with Jean. Cyclops was always there. In our time there was at least 2 years in between each movie, so lets cut that in half for movie time, because time did move along from X1 to X3. I think it'd make sense for to two adults to explore a relationship. She said it didnt work out because of his feelings for Jean and I assume her friendship with her making it all the more awkward for it. Then there's the time gap between "The Wolverine" and DoFP, which looks to be several years at least. With Jean confirmed dead and gone, and these two stuck together in close quarters, with little to no guarantee of a tomorrow... why wouldn't they?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

I watched that deleted scene where Storm and Wolvie kiss. It was embarrassing.

I've heard about this. I've also seen the deleted scene in question. I would've much rather preferred that the X-men movies pursued the Storm/Wolverine relationship over the god-awful, inherently destructive Cyclops/Jean/Wolverine love triangle. In fact, that one change probably could've made the first three X-men movies many times better, if only because it would've given Cyclops another role besides being in Wolverine's way and Jean Grey would've been able to do more than act as a prize for Wolverine to get. Storm also didn't get a chance to do much or have much of a character arc in any of the movies. I think X3 was the only movie where she was allowed to do anything really relevant and even that failed. The Storm/Wolverine relationship does have roots in the comics and in a few cartoons. Not letting it blossom in the movies was a huge mistake and one that I don't think it recovered from until after the DOFP reboot.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I would rather pretend Halle never played Storm to begin with.

For me, the non-comic adaptations of Storm (video games aside) started and ended with TAS. She was horribly underused in WatXM and turned into some mother hen with an annoying teenager stealing her thunder (no pun intended) in Evo, albeit I liked how it highlighted her more compassionate and nurting side, not the 'I AM GODDESS' other one.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Don't you know how most of development happen in X-Men movies? Off screen.

Between The Wolverine and Days of Future Past.
    By which you mean two minor plot details. One that was actually addressed on screen in Xavier is alive. And one that most fans figured out for themselves in how on earth did Wolverine get his adimantium claws back after hanging out with the master of magnetism for 15+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabu View Post
    I would rather pretend Halle never played Storm to begin with.

For me, the non-comic adaptations of Storm (video games aside) started and ended with TAS. She was horribly underused in WatXM and turned into some mother hen with an annoying teenager stealing her thunder (no pun intended) in Evo, albeit I liked how it highlighted her more compassionate and nurting side, not the 'I AM GODDESS' other one.]
    yass!!! my thoughts exactly

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    I already saw this a few years ago. I'm so glad this didn't happen other wise the X-Men movies would be a harem between Jean, Mystique, Silver Fox, and Ororo. I'm mean seriously four women would be attending to him if this happened.
    Well, it would have been great to see storm and Jean fighting each other using theextent of their powers.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Well, it would have been great to see storm and Jean fighting each other using theextent of their powers.
    Like that would ever happen. Singer is focused on having the characters powers more realistic.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Uhh... I think Halle played the part that was given to her. Not like she had much to work with. Barely spoke in x1 and x2 and x3 was a travesty from beginning to end. DoFP didn't have much to go on as it was more of an extended cameo.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    By which you mean two minor plot details. One that was actually addressed on screen in Xavier is alive. And one that most fans figured out for themselves in how on earth did Wolverine get his adimantium claws back after hanging out with the master of magnetism for 15+ years.
    Because master of magnetism cares about Logan's claws. He would go find rare metal to give him that. Like it makes much of a difference(he still has adamantium bone structure). Even if he did, it's never ever referenced or even joked about.

And those aren't the only things that happen off screen.

-Most of the cast from First Class died. Off screen.
    -Magneto killed the president trying to save him(ha ha ha). Off screen.
    -The normal people were somehow able to capture Magneto. Off screen.
    -Beast developed a mutant suppression serum that gives paralyzed people their legs back(who knew paralysis and mutant gene is connected?). Off screen.
    -Logan knows Quicksilver(never mentioned before or again). Off screen.
    -Eric was able have a family. Off screen.
    -Mystique becomes the greatest mutant ever. Off screen.

I'm ok with some things happening off screen. But when whole lot of things happen off screen because writers are lazy and can't come up with proper explanations. Then I have a problem.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 08-10-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Uhh... I think Halle played the part that was given to her. Not like she had much to work with. Barely spoke in x1 and x2 and x3 was a travesty from beginning to end. DoFP didn't have much to go on as it was more of an extended cameo.
    People just love to dump on Halle even though everything that went wrong with the X-films is Bryan Singer's fault. It's no wonder everybody's best performance in these film happened when he wasn't involved.