Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Welp. My fave Robin is Steph, and she's not stuck in the bell tower, though I wish she was. But I think you've completely ignored my whole post where I explained why I dislike Duke in his current role and trajectory, which did not revolve around "my fave Robin in a team book."

Said team book is my current favorite comic, anyway.

1) It's definitely Scott Lobdell and whoever edited Teen Titan's fault that Tim stalled. Having so many years of unpopular stories that did nothing to continue the Red Robin momentum from the Batman Reborn/Inc era isn't something that just happened, and you can definitely say exactly whose fault it was.

2) Duke is a fine character who has had some really crummy creative choices made for him.
    Pretty sure your name isn't 'Most'

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Most are just pissed that he is taking the place of their fav or because he has a book will their favourite is stuck in a bell tower forced to share screen time
    I don't care if he has a book or space instead of my fav, everyone has his moment and it's right.
    I love Dick, Babs, Tim, Steph, Helena, Cass and quite the entire Batfamily cause everyone is a legacy character who showed respect for characters before them.
    Their introduction and relationships with predecessors were generously explored and managed.

Duke (or better Snyder) didn't, that's the real problem.

Damian, is a more complex and different argument that should deserve a thread aside.

Duke is a useless addition to an already bloated Bat family.
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

BANNED

To be fair Damian is the only kid living with Bruce. Duke lives with his uncle now.
    I thought Damian was living in Titans HQ.

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    So from what I gather, at least on the Batman CBR thread, is that some people don't like Duke because they feel he didn't earn his place OR is it because he is not shown how he is important in the Robin/Batfamily line-up?
    For me it is the later, we are told that he is the next coming ultimate badass and never shown why.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    You can't really count Ace imo (or otherwiese you also had to count Damians pets), Harper and Bette aren't active at the moment, Julia is sofar just a support character of Batwoman (if you count her you had to count also a lot of other charcters) and I'm not sure if Clair should count.

But it are still to many characters.
    I think about 10-14 max would be mine - you can have one family and then supporters like the Fox's and BOP but the core Batfamily should be about half the size. Who goes depends on who you want in for example I could do without Jason or Damien but not Dick or Tim.
    Last edited by VolcanikTiger86; 01-10-2018 at 10:33 AM.
    Truth is the best policy

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I don't care if he has a book or space instead of my fav, everyone has his moment and it's right.
    I love Dick, Babs, Tim, Steph, Helena, Cass and quite the entire Batfamily cause everyone is a legacy character who showed respect for characters before them.
    Their introduction and relationships with predecessors were generously explored and managed.

Damian, is a more complex and different argument that should deserve a thread aside.
    Well said!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by rev516 View Post
    Duke is a useless addition to an already bloated Bat family.
    This is the only problem I have with him.While some of them are pretty cool, I could easily live without everyone after Jason Todd ( who should have stayed dead) besides Damian.
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I thought Damian was living in Titans HQ.
    According to Supersons he splits his time between the two. I'm not surprised folks are confused about the situation because the bat books esp King has been absolute rubbish inn clarifying things. We found out 1st from The signal's writer's twitter feed that Duke was no longer living at Wayne manor.
    The batman book gives no indications that there was a 13year old with numerous pets living there nor did it hint at Duke moving out.

I read supersons and batman and the signal which is how I have more info

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post

I wonder at those who feel the urge to deny an argument that wasn't directed at them. Mmmm I wonder why?

I wonder at those who feel the urge to deny an argument that wasn't directed at them. Mmmm I wonder why?
    Maybe because you make unpleasant posts like this?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

For those saying that Duke doesn't bring anything to the Bat-family, I really think that you should give a try to B&S issue 1. it may not be your cup of tea or anything, really, but I think it does a wonderful job explaining what Duke's role in the Batbooks will be, and makes it interesting. Now, if really you don't like Duke, just go read it in the LCS or something, I think it'll be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    For those saying that Duke doesn't bring anything to the Bat-family, I really think that you should give a try to B&S issue 1. it may not be your cup of tea or anything, really, but I think it does a wonderful job explaining what Duke's role in the Batbooks will be, and makes it interesting. Now, if really you don't like Duke, just go read it in the LCS or something, I think it'll be worth it.
    I don't like Duke's relationship with the family in Rebirth. I tried Signal #1, and it was a bit too airy fairy in construction to really nail down a solid story. I'll read all three - making it a short mini is probably the best choice they could have made - but so far, I'm not convinced it's going to bring Duke back to the character I hoped for in Lark.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    For those saying that Duke doesn't bring anything to the Bat-family, I really think that you should give a try to B&S issue 1. it may not be your cup of tea or anything, really, but I think it does a wonderful job explaining what Duke's role in the Batbooks will be, and makes it interesting.
    Not too sure what you mean there. I read the first issue and while Duke himself was likable enough, he was completely generic. And if you're just talking about the daytime protector thing, that doesn't show what he adds either, as there's no explanation why he was the only one who could do this (mainly because there isn't one that would make sense).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    I think about 10-14 max would be mine - you can have one family and then supporters like the Fox's and BOP but the core Batfamily should be about half the size. Who goes depends on who you want in for example I could do without Jason or Damien but not Dick or Tim.
    I think they should reduce it, to the Robins, Batgirl and maybe Catwoman and/or Batwoman.

According to Supersons he splits his time between the two. I'm not surprised folks are confused about the situation because the bat books esp King has been absolute rubbish inn clarifying things. We found out 1st from The signal's writer's twitter feed that Duke was no longer living at Wayne manor.
    I kind of miss the time when there was actually some coordination between the Batbooks (ok that was probaly mostly Chuck Dixon wrote most of them), the writers should at least keep track of what happens with the characters in their main books, I'm ok if they ignore team books like Titans (unless the character doesn't have another book).

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I don't like Duke's relationship with the family in Rebirth.
    I also find it kind of wired that King writes him allready as a brother of the Robins, without any build up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think they should reduce it, to the Robins, Batgirl and maybe Catwoman and/or Batwoman.

I kind of miss the time when there was actually some coordination between the Batbooks (ok that was probaly mostly Chuck Dixon wrote most of them), the writers should at least keep track of what happens with the characters in their main books, I'm ok if they ignore team books like Titans (unless the character doesn't have another book).

I also find it kind of wired that King writes him allready as a brother of the Robins, without any build up.
    Unsurprisingly, I completely disagree that they should strip the family. Especially since they already tried that, and its was really sexist in execution, if not necessarily in motive.

King writes Duke as a brother to the family (though there's still distance there) because he also wrote Robin War. That's not actually my problem, though - King writing Duke in Rebirth is probably the closest I come to liking him currently. It's Snyder.