Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    Incredible Member

He's a boring character that no one has really done anything with. Other than the We Are Robin series, what has he done? Hell, they even felt the need to give him powers all of the sudden to try to make him more interesting and he's still boring. The fact that he's Batman's partner but doesn't appear in the either of the main Batman books doesn't help either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    He's a boring character that no one has really done anything with. Other than the We Are Robin series, what has he done? Hell, they even felt the need to give him powers all of the sudden to try to make him more interesting and he's still boring. The fact that he's Batman's partner but doesn't appear in the either of the main Batman books doesn't help either.
    I liked Bat-Wing a lot better than Duke. Lucian had some thought put into him, I bought his book because I thought he was a good character. But Duke feels shoe-horned in solely for the purpose of Batman having a sidekick of color. I don't any "there" there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The thing is most of these character are still not that successful in comics.

And I don't know how successful the CW shows are in the US, but at least over here they don't seem to do well.

And in case of the MCU it is hard to say how much of that is the character and how much the hype about the MCU.
    Didn't stop them from getting movies ir tv shows. Hell, I don't think Supergirl even had a comic series at the time of the show's first episode.