Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Doctor Octopus becomes a transgender.

If nothing else, her name will provoke some... interesting questions.

Bad things happen when I'm on the internet at 1 am.
    There's a female Doctor Octopus already, who should have reappeared in Superior Spider-Man to avenge her beloved mentor's "death" at Spider-Man's hands, completely unaware that "Spider-Man" was her mentor all along in the stolen body of his arch-nemesis, or at any point after Superior Spider-Man was over with. I could also see her trying to reunite with the new "Superior Octopus," Otto's mind in a cloned body synthesized from his and Peter Parker's DNA and thus possessing the abilities of both. Would be even better if she tried to take over A.I.M. (super-science-enabled terrorism and crime is their mutual jam) or otherwise become a major player in the tech crime underworld as opposed to trailing in Otto's shadow.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    There's a female Doctor Octopus already, who should have reappeared in Superior Spider-Man to avenge her beloved mentor's "death" at Spider-Man's hands, completely unaware that "Spider-Man" was her mentor all along in the stolen body of his arch-nemesis, or at any point after Superior Spider-Man was over with. I could also see her trying to reunite with the new "Superior Octopus," Otto's mind in a cloned body synthesized from his and Peter Parker's DNA and thus possessing the abilities of both. Would be even better if she tried to take over A.I.M. (super-science-enabled terrorism and crime is their mutual jam) or otherwise become a major player in the tech crime underworld as opposed to trailing in Otto's shadow.
    While I recognize that she technically counts as a female Doctor Octopus, that's not quite what I mean.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    While I recognize that she technically counts as a female Doctor Octopus, that's not quite what I mean.
    Hmm, transgender Doctor Octopus? Considering all the body switching and hijacking and brain downloading he's been involved in lately, it wouldn't be quite as implausible, I'd suppose.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

Klaw and the Living Laser..... Both are way more powerful than they have been portrayed the past 2-3 decades. Klaw was actually a talented and brilliant physicists but get portrayed as a lackwit brute, and Living Laser should be on par with Monica Rambeau (aka Spectrum) powerwise but often comes off as a cheap gimmicky street level thug.

With the right writer, these two paired together, with Klaws mental faculties restored, would be a powerhouse duo.

BANNED

Well, I found some free time, so here are my Iron Man villain revamps:

Controller: Just make him an Earth-bound Darkseid. His "thing" is already obedience and control, not to mention that he looks like a Darkseid knock-off already. Change his suit a bit and make it more tech-y, have him lay low and build connections and amass powers, and he becomes a legit world-wide thread with his Obedience Discs and the Power-Creep you'd add. Make him something akin to an "End-Game Boss". He's got far too much potential to be relegated to "D-Lister villain gets beaten by C-Lister hero" stories.

Graviton: He can control gravity. Fokin' gravity! And nobody uses him! He should be an A-List Threat Level. He should be DBZ-ing his way through the Marvel Universe. Have him become sort of Tony's Doc Ock. A disgrunted scientist who found out that after a life-time of powerlessness, he can just use his newfound abillities to get what he wants. He's not a sadistic arsehole, he just got tired of being stepped on and is now indifferent to who he steps on. I'd have his motivations be pretty "normal", all things considered. He'd want to do his research, live in penthouses, be feared, basic stuff. Not everyone dreams of world domination. Some nobodies just want to "shine".

MODOK: First off, stop making him a goofy idiot. He should be scary. Body-Horror scary. I mean, he's a giant head on a hover-chair/syber-body! That'd be disturbing to see in the real world! So, to make him less goofy, do away with the hover chair/dorky hair look and go with the MODOK Superior design (the one with the spider legs). Reinstute him as the leader of AIM (or at least an offshoot of AIM who's willing to do all the nasty science experiments) and turn him into something of a "horror movie doctor". He's evolved past being human, so it makes little sense for him to be a "future of humanity" villain. He's a grotesque monster, so he can't live a normal life. So take all that disgust and anger, and direct it to freak experiments. He'd just be an "evil scientist", but his motives wouldn't be power or progress, he'd just be so bitter with his situation, that he'd take everything out on the world. So yeah, he'd be the kind of "let's splice together a bat a moongoose and a human and then mate that with a cat" type of guy.

Count Nefaria & Madame Masque: Just make Lucio a super-powered Godfather. He shouldn't be going out and tussling with guys and gals in spandex. He works best as an old-school gangster out of the 30s,who wants to control the underworld, but do it on his terms. Now, we've got a whole lot of gansters/Mafia bosses, so I'd just take Lucio international. His network would be huge, and he'd have hotspots, safehouses and territories everywhere. As for Whitney, the creepy stalker is the only thing she has going for her, so I'd just dial that up to 11. She doesn't work as a Catwoman-esque character, so just keep the "Obsessed with Stark" bit because of her face (ala Classic Doom), but make her plans more intense. She would become Tony's very own Joker. A deranged lunatic who wants nothing but to taunt and torture Tony, physically and mentally.

I have more, but that's it for now.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Techno_Knight View Post
    Controller: Just make him an Earth-bound Darkseid. His "thing" is already obedience and control, not to mention that he looks like a Darkseid knock-off already. Change his suit a bit and make it more tech-y, have him lay low and build connections and amass powers, and he becomes a legit world-wide thread with his Obedience Discs and the Power-Creep you'd add. Make him something akin to an "End-Game Boss". He's got far too much potential to be relegated to "D-Lister villain gets beaten by C-Lister hero" stories.
    He'd be a great villain-behind-the-villains, using his control disks and serving more of a mastermind role over suddenly-better-planned-than-normal heists by former 'jobber' villains (like the Wrecking Crew, or Ani-Men, or Mutant Force/Resistants, or whomever). After one of these groups are chased down and apprehended, they have no memory of the successful heist, having been used and discarded by a third party. If one is captured *during* a heist, during which they fight like remote-controlled robots, and with no regard to personal safety, perhaps even with one attempting to kill himself (or destroy the slave disk, to destroy the evidence of Controller's involvement). He'll be stopped, and the slave disk will self-destruct, but now Iron Man will finally have an idea that the Controller, hidden far away and operating these criminals by remote control, is the hidden mastermind, and work on a way to track the signal his pawns emit back to him, when he next activates a team of flunkies to fetch yet more cash, or components for his giant control tower that will take over an entire city, *without* slave disks...

Fantastic Member

The villain who is in the most need of a revamp is The Wizard. I would play up on the Wizard theme and make him a technological wizard and a strategist. He would be the master planner of the criminal underworld that other supervillains of the low level type go to consult for heist and other crimes. He would be the Wizard of probabilities and charge fees for his help and expertise. I would also have him target the Fantastic Four one by one instead of using a group. He would do it strategically.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    The villain who is in the most need of a revamp is The Wizard.
    Good choice! He'd be a great mastermind.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Good choice! He'd be a great mastermind.
    I figure after awhile he would get tired of all the Ls he taken over the years and want to switch things up. After all, he was a part of the Intelligencia and the Prime Movers. I would ditch his costume as part of the revamp. His battles with the Fantastic Four would be more indirect. The Wizard would claim to have gone "legit" and run a consulting firm. He would also be into money laundering.

Baron Macabre: Becomes a true necromancer due a ritual which has given him total power over Iku (sort of a Yoruba "death force" which ushers spirits from the Earth). He uses his power to wage a mystical shadow war against Black Panther in order to claim the Necropolis and crown himself the King of the Dead.

Baron Macabre looks gaunt, pale (well more ashy since this version is Wakandan), and has signs of leprosy. He wears worn and battered clothing and a tattered headpiece similar to the crown of the Nubian pharaohs. His fingernails are long with a greenish hue and very sharp, additionally they secrete a poison which acts a neurotoxin which can "zombify" his victims by putting them in a stupor and removing their free will. He's incredibly fast and agile, but not overly powerful as he uses his army of the dead and "zombified" victims to carryout his misdeeds.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 08-21-2017 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Written on phone, cleaned up spelling and grammar
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Baron Macabre: Becomes a true necromancer due a ritual which has given him total power over Iku (sort of a Yoruba "death force" which ushers spirits from the Earth). He uses his power to wage a mystical shadow war against Black Panther in order to claim the Necropolis and crown himself the King of the Dead.

Baron Macabre looks gaunt, pale (well more ashy since this version is Wakandan), and has signs of leprosy. He wears warn and battered clothing and a tattered headpiece similar to the crown of the Nubian pharaohs. His finger nails are long with a greenish hue and very sharp, additionally the secret a poison which acts a neurotoxin which can "zombify" his victims by putting them in a stupor and removing their free will. He's incredibly fast and agile, but not overly power as he uses his army of the dead and "zombified" victims to carryout his misdeeds.
    You know, I totally forgot who Baron Macabre is. I think the next time her appears the readers should learn his secret origin. I do like that the version you proposed is totally independent of Erik Killmonger. I would also try to have him attempt to gain the ancestral knowledge of the previous Black Panthers to use against T'Challa.

You know, I totally forgot who Baron Macabre is. I think the next time her appears the readers should learn his secret origin. I do like that the version you proposed is totally independent of Erik Killmonger. I would also try to have him attempt to gain the ancestral knowledge of the previous Black Panthers to use against T'Challa.
    BP really needs a credible rogues gallery with each member able function as a threat independent of one another, and since he has armies at his command his villains all need to be incredibly savvy and able to escape capture or death, unkillable, or have an army of disposable mooks which they can hide behind. I'll post some other ideas later but I've thought a lot about how to beef up BPs entire villain lineup.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by roni190 View Post
    Klaw and the Living Laser..... Both are way more powerful than they have been portrayed the past 2-3 decades. Klaw was actually a talented and brilliant physicists but get portrayed as a lackwit brute, and Living Laser should be on par with Monica Rambeau (aka Spectrum) powerwise but often comes off as a cheap gimmicky street level thug.

With the right writer, these two paired together, with Klaws mental faculties restored, would be a powerhouse duo.
    they had to depower Living Laser because, given his personality, he was way too dangerous to not be incarcerated. Gravitron has the same problem. Laser's probably one of my favorite villains, though; I like his devil horns. easiest way to get him back in the picture is to have him start stalking someone like Monica Rambeau or Captain Marvel. he's smart and powerful. but what makes him dangerous is his mental instability. he's one of those borderline types.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 08-21-2017 at 01:59 PM.

The villain who is in the most need of a revamp is The Wizard. I would play up on the Wizard theme and make him a technological wizard and a strategist. He would be the master planner of the criminal underworld that other supervillains of the low level type go to consult for heist and other crimes. He would be the Wizard of probabilities and charge fees for his help and expertise. I would also have him target the Fantastic Four one by one instead of using a group. He would do it strategically.
    he's had several revamps (he's had an internet following, he's been a bat**** insane cult leader, he's led a faction of A.I.M, he started creating clones of himself to start a family). what he really needs is a winning plan, imo.