Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Grey Gargoyle.

Wen he transforms his victims into stone, he gains the ability to physically control them. Thus he has a super tough army of innocent hostages to throw at the hero, instead of being a lame ass gorgon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Grey Gargoyle.

Wen he transforms his victims into stone, he gains the ability to physically control them. Thus he has a super tough army of innocent hostages to throw at the hero, instead of being a lame ass gorgon.
    Ooh, I like that idea!

now that he's solidly a villain, I'd like to recommend Black Ant for a revamp. well, mostly it's the name. it's really hard to name a character with his powerset. i was going to have him steal the Hornet name. but they've already built a legacy around it. so i'll focus on that later. and i get that the handful of Eric O'Grady fans (I'm one of them) don't like that there's a LMD imitator running around. but we're stuck with him. i say make the most of it. he has Eric's personality and memories. he's just a digital consciousness. what i like most is his connection to the Avengers. he's one of the members that failed and, arguably, was failed by the team. he's an unliving reminder of a dark and morally fragile era of Avengers history; being active during Civil War and the following Initiative, Secret Invasion, and Dark Reign. he's been trained by the best that SHIELD and the Avengers had to offer. he knows how they operate. and he had an axe to grind. recently/prior to Hydra's takeover he was deputy to Sheriff Taskmaster in Bagallia. i wish that we had gotten to see more of that. but, barring that, i think he should run with the freelance villain angle. maybe he could offer his services to A.I.M (the evil faction of it) in exchange for an upgrade. i figure that's his current motive anyways. he wants his flesh and blood body back. i imagine that it is frustrating, especially for a catholic (he was vocally in opposition to Pym's cyber heaven), to be in an artificial body and lacking (from his perspective) a soul. they could explore that. otherwise, i would want "Eric" to be more active as a villain/antagonist (is Ant-Agonist too on the nose?). back to the revamp. A.I.M should give him his own transmittable computer virus. i think he should have mechanical wings, as well. i kind of want to stick to the ant and wasp motif. but i think the Locust identity is open (i don't necessarily want him to be green, though).

i think he should infiltrate SHIELD and transmit his virus to the LMDs; driving them nuts.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 08-21-2017 at 06:06 PM.

Grey Gargoyle.

i don't think he's lame (his victims probably think that he's pretty creepy). but i like the statue control. it's similar to a member of The Order; who could create and control her own golems. but is this a mystical upgrade? i think his current powers are chemistry, related. did he find Diablo's journals or something? Caroline LeFey?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i don't think he's lame (his victims probably think that he's pretty creepy). but i like the statue control. it's similar to a member of The Order; who could create and control her own golems. but is this a mystical upgrade? i think his current powers are chemistry, related. did he find Diablo's journals or something? Caroline LeFey?
    Lab accident, per usual

Grey Gargoyle's plots have been 90% turning victim to stone and then threatening to shatter them. He needs a new trick.

Ultimate Member

The Hood.

As a mastermind he's subpar. Turn him into Boyd Crowder. He steals from other villains and plans his own heists with a hand picked crew.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Count Nefaria: should be one of the big bads for the Avengers. He's pretty damn powerful and runs the Maggia. Give him a slightly updated look and he's ready to go.

Graviton: Bring him back for Captain Marvel. High stakes, huge powers.

Moonstone: should also go back to being an adversary for Carol Danvers. I love her snark and her seduction abilities. As a psychologist with an askew moral compass, I think she's a gem.

Cottonmouth: Should be established as the main villain for Luke Cage. Most of the Defenders have forgettable villains, but Cottonmouth was one of the best parts of the Netflix show and has the potential for greatness. I'd love to see him be just as cunning and badass in the comics. In fact, Mariah and Shades should be back too and be a reoccurring problem for Cage.

Steel Serpent: Should be built on in Iron Fist and established as a formidable foe. It'd be refreshing for Danny to have a decent villain who's on par with his abilities. I love his look too, and it'd be nice of continues to reflect Iron Fists costume. I'd have him take on some type of revenge plot, taking over K'un Lun or something similar. Possibly initiate some type of gauntlet Iron Fist has to fight in, including some of the Immortal Weapons and some rogue villains from the MU.

Whirlwind: a very cool and twisted individual obsessed with Janet Van Dyne. I'd love to see him go up against Wasp and/or Ant-Man. Maybe he could join some type of team going up against the Uncanny Avengers. His look could probably do with a slight update, but his powers are great.

The Hood: I see him as a great villain for Doctor Strange. With magic on the fritz and Stephens magic not what it once was, it'd be cool to see him go up against Parker Robbins, who combines guns and magic to help rule the streets. He has a really cool look and I'd like that to remain. Possibly team him up with Madam Masque (retaining her beautiful redesigned mask from her most recent appearance). Parker is known to channel demonic energies and strike deals with big characters like Dormammu, so it'd be nice to see Strange perform some form of exorcism, potentially leading to a redemption arc for The Hood?

Typhoid Mary: Please please please bring her back. I'd kill to have her back in the pages of Daredevil. Her multiple personalities and powerset make her so damn interesting and I think it's important to show that female villains can be great too.

Umar: Another villain for Doctor Strange. Sister to Dormammu and Clea's mother, Umar has some great story potential. Aesthetically she's very cool and her magic is awesome. I like that she was able to seduce Hulk, so perhaps a similar story where she seduces Odinson or Hercules could be great.
    I guess these aren't revamps so much as a desire for them to make a comeback, but I thought they were worth mentioning.

The Hood.

As a mastermind he's subpar. Turn him into Boyd Crowder. He steals from other villains and plans his own heists with a hand-picked crew.
    I could totally get behind this. Pickup Black Ant, Beetle, the Wrecking Crew etc. in order to pull off various heists of ranging difficulty. It'd be a nice way to bring in some B-list/C-list villains and give them some fun roles.

The Hood.

As a mastermind he's subpar. Turn him into Boyd Crowder. He steals from other villains and plans his own heists with a hand picked crew.
    that's, literally, what happened in the Illuminati series that i and 4 other people read.

Ultimate Member

that's, literally, what happened in the Illuminati series that i and 4 other people read.

Except that's not what he really did. He put a crew together to steal weapons from Asgard to rebuild his powerbase, and then go after the heroes.

That's the basic problem with Marvel villains. There's rarely any in-between. Either a mastermind or a everyman thug moving from fight to fight.

Except that's not what he really did. He put a crew together to steal weapons from Asgard to rebuild his powerbase, and then go after the heroes.
    he was trying to build a powerbase, sure. but the point was to stay off the radar of superheroes. they were operating primarily in the criminal underworld; as Josh Williamson planned it. the Hood already knew from experience that targeting heroes was a mistake.

iMan 42s

Vengeance.

A Ghost Rider can be absolutely brutal and incredibly difficult to take down. Something that I kind of like about it is the penance stare and how one could make someone suffer via all the pain they've inflicted up until that point. In short I would have a Vengeance be the Ghost Rider equivalent of a blood hound, a tracker that no matter how far you run or where to it will always find you. Do something bad enough and Vengeance will chase you until the end of days if that's what it takes.
    Perhaps it's not even limited to a singular host and that it can be anyone, anyone can manifest it to say that all are capable of vengeance and that it being justice is dependent on point of view. I'm sure many have felt a major injustice was done to them at one point in life so to have them act on vengeance is an idea worth exploring if it means examining what is justice, and if punishment fits the crime (something Ghost Rider comics would work well with given how powerful the leads are). As well as with the kinds of villains in the MU it would be nice to have a legitimate boogeyman they can't stop under normal means.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Cottonmouth: Should be established as the main villain for Luke Cage. Most of the Defenders have forgettable villains, but Cottonmouth was one of the best parts of the Netflix show and has the potential for greatness. I'd love to see him be just as cunning and badass in the comics. In fact, Mariah and Shades should be back too and be a reoccurring problem for Cage.
    Honestly, while I thought Cottonmouth was actually a strong one-shot villain in the original Power Man/Hero for Hire comics, his look is a bit weird. I think they'd be smarter to give him a son who also gets the name Cottonmouth.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    I would upgrade the Wizard and give his a strengthened Frightful Four. Once the Fantastic Four return, I would have Wizard and his evil FF defeat them.
    If Wizard is supposed to be a good strategist, shouldn't he attack the FF with a Frightful Fourteen instead of a Frightful Four? Really Wizard has been a giant rut for a long time, for him to be any sort, means he has to change tactics in a big way, why shouldn't he use superior numbers to win?

Also what makes Wizard a compelling villain, the writers often present him as a C-list Dr. Doom wannabe who is jealous of Reed Richards, why should I care about that? Maybe delve deeper into why Wizard is a super villain, is he just an evil psychopath or is there a deeper explanation? Does he have redeeming qualities or not? If he is supposed to just be evil, how evil would he be? I don't think we even got a good explanation why Wizard had a mental breakdown.

a few of them just need to find new archenemies.

Trapster can't shake his loser label because he's fighting in the wrong weight class. set him against Ant-Man and, suddenly, he seems like the scariest dude on the planet. I think he's more suited to face someone whose powerset involves stealth as opposed to brute force. plus it just makes sense from the pest control angle. since they've introduced a new female Trapster, I'd change Pete's name to 'Trapmaster.'

and poor old Moses Magnum. you'd think that he'd be a more popular character. but, when he's not portrayed as Apocalypse's slave, he's jobbing to Daken. I think he should set his sights on Harlem and become one of Luke Cage's main heavies. he was supposed to be the villain in Singleton's scrapped Luke Cage movie; once upon a time. man of the streets vs man of the world.

I think Trapster's problems go beyond just picking fights with heroes out of his league.

Really Trapster doesn't have a good reason for being a super villain, they present him as just greedy, but don't explain why he didn't market his superior pastes and make a mint. So he has no real motive for being a super villain in the first place.

Really his career has been a failure, villains he trusted as friends have tried to kill him, Ghost Rider exposed him to his penance stare, everyone treats him like a joke, etc. I think a character spot light issue that explains why he became a super villain and why he continues to do so, rather then trying to live a life under a assumed identity (setting up a fake identity seems really easy in the MU).

Also maybe he should focus on traps instead by running up and trying to attack super heroes with a glue gun, bumping him down to the street level heroes is a start, but give him a better defined personality and have him up his game or have him retire or reduce him to a comic relief villain. This is a villain who hasn't really ever worked, so it would take some work to make him compelling.
    Last edited by The Overlord; 08-21-2017 at 07:32 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    If Wizard is supposed to be a good strategist, shouldn't he attack the FF with a Frightful Fourteen instead of a Frightful Four? Really Wizard has been a giant rut for a long time, for him to be any sort, means he has to change tactics in a big way, why shouldn't he use superior numbers to win?

Also what makes wizard a compelling villain, the writers often present him as a C-list Dr. Doom wannabe who is jealous of Reed Richards, why should I care about that? Maybe delve deeper into why Wizard is a super villain, is he just an evil psychopath or is there a deeper explanation? Does he have redeeming qualities or not? If he is supposed to just be evil, how evil would he be? I don't think we even got a good explanation why Wizard had a mental breakdown.
    The problem with Wizard in that regard though is that he's defined by his jealousy. He was already wildly successful before he became a villain, and is driven by his own inferiority complex.

With Reed out of the picture, he'd make a great villain for Hank Pym (when Hank gets de-Ultroned)

Astonishing Member

The problem with Wizard in that regard though is that he's defined by his jealousy. He was already wildly successful before he became a villain, and is driven by his own inferiority complex.

With Reed out of the picture, he'd make a great villain for Hank Pym (when Hank gets de-Ultroned)
    Why should I care about Wizard's jealousy, its only think the writers seem to consistently focus on, but it makes him seem so one note and like a poor man's version of Doom (who is often hinted to be jealous of Reed and his family).

Besides greed, jealous the most popular motive to give a villain and really its only compelling if it has an interesting context, to me Wizard just being jealous of Reed just because he got more attention, is rather dull, why not give it some more psychological context?

Wizard's jealous and what else is he is? Does his jealous drive him to be purely evil or are there redeeming qualities present?

When Wizard had his mental breakdown, he kept on talking about God, where did that come from? Were his parents religious and he rejected their ways while growing up, only to suffer a mental break down and return to the things his parents taught him to deal with his plight, but twist them into something dark?

It seems like there is a potentially interesting back story with Wizard that informs his choices, that we never see, so all we see his role as a cliched super villain.