Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I liked PI. I will miss it. But I'm also looking forward to see what Slott has in mind.

But I will really dislike if Peter went doing photographs or in teaching position. I will take a begger Peter Parker over those two.

BANNED

Nope...won't miss it one bit...in fact, I will probably forget it ever even existed.

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

I just hope Peter will retain Horizon Labs I was never bothered by Parker Industries other than it was a huge company out of nowhere, and Peter had to manage it without any prior experience.
    But I could see Peter being the leader of a science division or a small company, something that still leaves him time to develop Spidey gear, be Spider-Man, and invent something every now and then.
    That will leave him time to develop more strategies other than going full in regardless of the consequences. Not that I don't admire that aspect in Spidey, it's just not all that he is.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Nope. Frankly I think ''good riddance'' to it personally. And before all the moaners come and say ''you just want Peter to be a pathetic loser again!'' no, I don't but you also don't need to be a Tony Stark to be a ''winner'' in life either.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I liked PI. I will miss it. But I'm also looking forward to see what Slott has in mind.

But I will really dislike if Peter went doing photographs or in teaching position. I will take a begger Peter Parker over those two.
    What's wrong with being a teacher though? I get the photography thing but teaching? It's an honourable profession and he gets to teach the next generation about Science.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    In no way, shape or form, good riddance I say.

Now if we can just replace Mockingbird with Black Cat....
    I'd rather Mockingbird get replaced by Mary Jane who needs to get her butt back in the Spider-Man comics
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I'd rather Mockingbird get replaced by Mary Jane who needs to get her butt back in the Spider-Man comics
    I'd rather wait until Slott has left the book for MJ's return since he doesn't seem to want to use her for anything for her in his book, not a criticism merely a personal opinion, so I'd rather wait until someone else takes over and even then that's assuming they want to use her.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    What's wrong with being a teacher though? I get the photography thing but teaching? It's an honourable profession and he gets to teach the next generation about Science.
    Oh, nothing wrong with teaching as a profession. But I think it is a regression for Peter as a character. It was fine when it happened. But that time is gone. Peter shouldn't be stuck as a teacher when he's supposed to be one of the brightest minds in Marvel.

Other problem is there is no way he can balance his Spidey life and a teaching position.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I'd rather wait until Slott has left the book for MJ's return since he doesn't seem to want to use her for anything for her in his book
    Even when Dan relinquishes hold of the book, it may depend on whether or not Bendis wants to give her up so long as he's guiding Iron Man. He's inherited Felicia for Defenders too at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Even when Dan relinquishes hold of the book, it may depend on whether or not Bendis wants to give her up so long as he's guiding Iron Man. He's inherited Felicia for Defenders too at the moment.
    I doubt that MJ's involvement in Iron Man would prevent her showing up in Spider-Man, and even rekindling the romance with Peter. It's her day job; she's always had a day job.

I have yet to read the majority of the PI stuff because I tend to trade wait my Spidey comics, but I'm excited to get to it eventually: I enjoy reading comics and generally find things to appreciate no matter what. It'll be fun to see Peter in some different situations than what he's used to.

Peter shouldn't be stuck as a teacher when he's supposed to be one of the brightest minds in Marvel.

Other problem is there is no way he can balance his Spidey life and a teaching position.
    Peter isn't supposed to easily balance his civilian life with his hero life: that's kind of the point.

It bums me out that "being too bright to be a teacher" is an opinion held by anyone.

-Pav, who moves from teaching college to middle school this fall...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I have yet to read the majority of the PI stuff because I tend to trade wait my Spidey comics, but I'm excited to get to it eventually: I enjoy reading comics and generally find things to appreciate no matter what. It'll be fun to see Peter in some different situations than what he's used to.

Peter isn't supposed to easily balance his civilian life with his hero life: that's kind of the point.

It bums me out that "being too bright to be a teacher" is an opinion held by anyone.

-Pav, who moves from teaching college to middle school this fall...
    Yeah, you're right, it is kind of a bum rap on teachers, especially since what motivated Peter to be a teacher in the first place was that he wanted to help the next generation of potential scientists the same way his teachers helped him. As a child and adolescent, the only supporters he had for his scientific leanings and inclinations were his teachers (and his Uncle Ben and Aunt May), and it made sense to me that he'd want to pay it forward, especially after he saw the terrible condition Midtown High was in, in more ways than one. I mean, he had to foil a school shooting that turned out to have been attempted by a kid who just didn't want to be bullied anymore, and considering that early Peter was constantly tempted to use his powers for some kind of violent payback on his tormentors, it makes even more sense that Peter would want to be a teacher if only to provide a supportive adult influence for kids that desperately needed a supportive adult in their lives. If anything, I'd like to see him go back to Empire State University or perhaps start or join a New York branch of Horizon University where he can impart his knowledge and love of science to the next generation of scientists. Hell, if he had to be involved in high school again, how about starting Horizon High on behalf of Max Modell?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Or Black Cat, either way, I'd be down with such a change.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Oh, nothing wrong with teaching as a profession. But I think it is a regression for Peter as a character. It was fine when it happened. But that time is gone. Peter shouldn't be stuck as a teacher when he's supposed to be one of the brightest minds in Marvel.

Bit of a bummer, as Pav said that teaching is seen as a profession not for smart people. Though I can understand why you'd want him to do something else, I do think it'd be possible (if the next writer chose to do so obviously) for it to work without feeling like a regression, as frankly, it didn't really stay that long. As for the balance thing, well Spidey has always been about struggling with the balance thing.

That's just my POV though

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I doubt Bendis would be the be-all-and-end-all of whether or not MJ comes back to ASM tbh. I think it's more to do with whether the next writer after Dan wants to use her or is happy to have her be in other books. Wait and see I guess regarding MJ

I'm glad PI is over.

-It was NOT Peter's creation. It was Otto's and he did it by "flexing" the law/hijacking the markets whenever he felt it was needed. That's why PI went global so fast. And that's also something Peter would never have done.
    -Peter Parker is an hero because he makes personal sacrifices for the greater good. If faced with the choice between personal gain and preventing or stopping someone else's suffering he would always choose the latter. This is a defining trait of his character and the ROOT of the so called "Parker's Luck". The reason why Peter doesn't usually "win at life" is because as an hero he must often make self harming choices in order to pursue his heroic role as Spider-Man. Ceos don't do that, they do exactly the opposite.
    -PI made it impossible for Peter Parker to be the "everyman hero" he is at his own core as a character.
    Last edited by Haquim; 08-12-2017 at 03:57 PM.