It is a little late on this, but I had a chance to pick up the Trade Paperback of Injection with Ellis, Shalvey, and Bellaire, which was published by Image in 2015. I picked it up from Forbidden Planet last week and had a chance to read it on the Subway this week. I figured that after Planetary, I'd give Ellis a chance on any book. But I was disapointed by the story. I see great potential for the storyline. The idea of an in the wild Artifical Intelligence that is designed to introduce quantum snipets of alternate futures into a the fabric of reality is a great premise. It is just not cleanly executed. Nearly 50 pages into the text (which has no page numbers) and the basic motivation for the main charactors is still a puzzle and not that compelling. You are introducing 5 new charactors to the reader, on two time lines, and when your done, you still have no idea what motivates them, or exactly how they are brought together. They are introduced together around a table, each given some background story, but they names not mentioned. There is no explaination for Dr kibride being in an assylum, or what motivates her, or why she wants a sandwich. Likewise, the entire story seems to exist in a pocket of non-specific information. It is very hard to follow of sympathize for the main charactors.