Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I begin in the comics THANKS TO HIM (the animated series with batman), I respect him but now my idol is Damian..

And sometimes I prefer Dick Grayson as Batman than Bruce.. He is in my TOP 3.
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-11-2017 at 11:49 AM.

Well its about good god damn time! I was wondering if something like this existed and was possibly just tucked away under all the forum pages.

Cheers OP

Isn't this kind of redundant? This whole sub-forum is about discussing Batman and his various books and stuff.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The first superhero I was exposed to (and soon followed by Spider-Man and Superman), so he will always be one of my favorites. Movies, cartoons, comics...it's comforting to know Batman as always been there, and likely always will be in some form or another, as all the greatest characters are. I don't love every version, but the versions that I do love hit all the right notes. Heroic ideals, gothic setting, mythic parallels with the likes of Greek characters such as Hades and Odysseus and knights of legends, the best rogues gallery in comics, and one of the best core supporting casts as well.

And I have to share this awesome picture my roommate found last night. Nails one of the two vital (and sadly, often neglected, at least these days) components that make up Batman, the other of course being detective:

Batman Knight.jpg

Batman blew me away in every media: Tv series (though only animated ones), videogames, films and, of course, comics. My collection is mostly consisting of Batman comics and still I keep finding great stories about him. A character that can have countless interpretations, that never gets old, no wonder why he's one of the most famous superheroes. I have discovered so many things thanks to the Batman and the people who makes him possible, among them, my favorite comicbook character, Bane. Great to have a thread to celebrate the stories which were, are and will be and the character who lives through all of them

Last edited by Chubistian; 08-12-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Isn't this kind of redundant? This whole sub-forum is about discussing Batman and his various books and stuff.
    Actually the whole sub-forum is more about criticising, hating and blaming Batman for any and everything. The appreciation thread is about truly appreciating Batman.

What was your first non-comic introduction to Batman aka Bruce Wayne?

Mine, like a lot of Gen Xers, was the Super Friends iteration(s) from 1973 - 1986:

There was just something about SF voice actor Olan Soule' s distinctive tones made his Batman so ... reassuring. His Batman seemed so wise yet could still be surprised. Definitely made a strong first impression on this former kid.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Super Friends was mine as well.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Mine, I think it was Batman Returns. I think my grandparents showed it to me when I was like two years old or so. I don't have any memories of that, but I think they told me so once. Also, I recall the Adam West show as a huge influence in my earlier moments with the character. They used to show reruns in a national channel iirc

How were you introduced to Batman in the comics? I was thank to a comic my father gave me when I was like five years old, it was the first Batman/Spiderman crossover
    Last edited by Chubistian; 08-12-2017 at 03:59 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    What was your first non-comic introduction to Batman aka Bruce Wayne?
    I don't remember what it was called, but it was a point and click PC game based on B:TAS. I was already well-versed in the comics though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post

How were you introduced to Batman in the comics?
    The first comic I read with Batman in it was Brave and the Bold #28.

As far as strictly Batman comics though, my dad threw a bunch of the Batman archives at me and told me they'd be my reading material for car trips until I'd read them all.

I should mention though that because of how young I was when I started reading DC, I genuinely can not remember a time where I didn't know who Batman or most other DC characters and teams who existed before I was born were.
    Last edited by Assam; 08-12-2017 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    How were you introduced to Batman in the comics?
    Cartoons first, then comics much later.

The first Batman comic I can remember reading/having was still Pre-COIE, Detective Comics #552.

The story was called "A stump grows in Gotham". I remember it featured a young Jason Todd as a sarcastic Robin. Oh, and Batman bursting out of a coffin to pummel some gangsters.

Good intro to the comic book Bats.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Cartoons first, then comics much later.

The first Batman comic I can remember reading/having was still Pre-COIE, Detective Comics #552.

The story was called "A stump grows in Gotham". I remember it featured a young Jason Todd as a sarcastic Robin. Oh, and Batman bursting out of a coffin to pummel some gangsters.

Good intro to the comic book Bats.
    Oh, I've read that one, it's interesting how Batman is compared to an old tree in Gotham that was resently cut down. It was edited in an edition from Spain, from the eighties, that arrived to Chile. The other story it had was an Annual where Penguin reformed after falling in love. It only had the second part of that story though (they loved to cut stories and continued them in other issue, something that I hate), luckily I have the previous issue as well that also has the beginning of The Penguin story and one against Clayface III, written by Alan Moore and highly recommended. The story of the tree and the Annual were release with years of difference in the US, but these editions often had comics that weren't contemporary

I was introduced to Batman by the DCAU

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The first one's Helena/Huntress, right?
    The first two are from Batman/Huntress: Cry for Blood by Rucka and Rick Burchett. Third is from Batwoman: Go (included in Elegy) by Rucka and Williams.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

If DC had a woman replace Batman just for a short period of time (like Azrael and Dick), would you be okay with it? And who would you want to replace him?

I would be okay with it as long as it was just temporary and I would want Cass to be the one.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor