Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    If DC had a woman replace Batman just for a short period of time (like Azrael and Dick), would you be okay with it? And who would you want to replace him?
    That technically already happened when Batman was out of the picture during 52.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I just read Justice League 31. Luthor knows Bruce is the Batman. He wants to work with the league to end the threat that is coming. Bruce tells him the story of the Frog and the Scorpion. The Scorpion convinces the frog that he won't sting him but as we know it's in the scorpion's nature to do so. Before the scorpion can sting the frog a bat appears and smacks the scorpion around. What a great scene.

Batman remembering the last time he felt fear. Not one of Bane greatest moments, but definitely one of Batman's. So badass
    IMG_4654.jpg
    IMG_4655.jpg
    IMG_4656.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Batman remembering the last time he felt fear. Not one of Bane greatest moments, but definitely one of Batman's. So badass
    IMG_4654.jpg
    IMG_4655.jpg
    IMG_4656.jpg
    What book is that from?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    What book is that from?
    Detective Comics 701, written by Chuck Dixon and drawn by Graham Nolan, co creators of Bane. This was the waited rematch between Batman and Bane and is part of the Legacy saga

A book that I found interesting about Batman was The Caped Crusade by Glen Weldon

https://www.amazon.com/Caped-Crusade.../dp/1476756694

You guys should check it out if it's in your library. Gives great insight to Batman's beginnings to the present day and the various iterations he went through. Also pretty funny and even gets into the reasoning behind arguments like, "That's not MY Batman" etc. The audiobook is narrated by the author and he does nerd voices well lol.
    Superhero shows are trash

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    If DC had a woman replace Batman just for a short period of time (like Azrael and Dick), would you be okay with it? And who would you want to replace him?

I would be okay with it as long as it was just temporary and I would want Cass to be the one.
    Do I even need to give my answer?

I will add though that while she lacks Cass's drive and, well, a complete "I don't care about genders" attitude like Cass, the only other woman in Gotham I think is qualified in terms of skill would be Pre-FP Renee Montoya. Buuuuuut, she got the Question legacy and that's just as cool. (Still want her to retake that one of these days)

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

That's cool!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Detective Comics 701, written by Chuck Dixon and drawn by Graham Nolan, co creators of Bane. This was the waited rematch between Batman and Bane and is part of the Legacy saga
    Ah, I've never read legacy. It's funny you post that because was thinking lately. I was gonna ask if Bruce ever beat Bane in combat. I don't remember...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    Ah, I've never read legacy. It's funny you post that because was thinking lately. I was gonna ask if Bruce ever beat Bane in combat. I don't remember...
    Cool. Yeah, Bruce has defeated Bane more than a couple of times, sometimes even humilliated him as in Batwoman 24

BANNED

Cool. Yeah, Bruce has defeated Bane more than a couple of times, sometimes even humilliated him as in Batwoman 24
    Hey Chubistian, Bane's your favorite character, right? Just curious, what do you think of Simone's Bane in Secret Six? While there are other versions of the character I like, that's the only one that I've really loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Hey Chubistian, Bane's your favorite character, right? Just curious, what do you think of Simone's Bane in Secret Six? While there are other versions of the character I like, that's the only one that I've really loved.
    Yes, he's . At first, it was kinda of weird, since it was such a radical change from what I was used to, but I ended up loving it. It has become one of my favorites incarnations, though not the only one I love, and I highly enjoy his relationship with Scandal Savage. Sadly, I don't own the entire run, but, when I order from the US via Amazon (not more than once in a year u.u) I try to get a tpb from Simone's Secret Six.