Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Feb 19th according to an old DC calendar from 1976.
    In the Golden Age it was the7th of April (even if the day and the moth were published in completely different issues), Feb 19th was established in the Bronze Age and afaik still canon. And it is also the Birthday of the Kid that plays Bruce in "Gotham".

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    In the Golden Age it was the7th of April (even if the day and the moth were published in completely different issues), Feb 19th was established in the Bronze Age and afaik still canon. And it is also the Birthday of the Kid that plays Bruce in "Gotham".
    I had to google this April 7th one, because I didn't know that and that's big.

You are correct: The year is the date shown on Bruce’s tombstone. World’s Finest Comics #33 (1948) established the month of Bruce's birth as April; Star-Spangled Comics #91 (1949) indicated that his birthday was the 7th.

I guess I will go with April 7 for GA Batman and Feb 19 for E-1, like most interpreted it all to mean. Thus I will always consider main Batman's to be Feb 19th, because I think that's when DC really seriously considered the question.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member

I had to google this April 7th one, because I didn't know that and that's big.
    I only new it since I made lot of research about the ages of the Batfamily members.

Most of it can be found here (I will probably post an updated version after Metal or Dooms Day Clock).

I love Gardner, but can't say he didn't deserve it
    IMG_4712.jpg

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

The FBI and Sorbonne thing you refer to is from The Man Who Falls by Shaman writer Denny O'Neil. It was awesome. It's always gonna be canon to me. I think, with New 52, DC really hurt fan acceptance of what is supposed to be "official canon." And you even see writers that seem confused and refer to things that would have appeared out. So I think canon is more fluid and less clear nowadays.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Falls
    That's the one! Thanks for reminding me. Now I'll dig through my collection.

Are there any pre-Crime Alley Bruce Wayne stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I love Gardner, but can't say he didn't deserve it
    IMG_4712.jpg
    One of my favorite scenes. The art just elevates it so much for me. Guy's stupid scrunched up face, Beetle and Canary's reaction. Even J'onn seems a little upset that he missed it. Drawn so perfectly. Maguire is such a master.

Ted holding his belly laughing and wiping tears from his eyes... it's just priceless...

This is another great scene

How short is too short for Bruce? 6 feet
    How tall is too tall? 6'6
    How young is too young for Bruce to debut as Batman? 21 or 22 maybe, definitely don't agree with Grant Morrison that he could start at 19
    How old is too old? 27...I think Snyder had him starting at like 27 (?) because of Detective Comics #27 being the first appearance
    In my brain, in my continuity...

Bruce is about 6'3", 260. I prefer a Brock Lesnar looking tank of a Batman. Maybe not as big as Brock but I love Dark Knight Returns and Bruce Timm's versions. You could play with it with the Bruce Wayne persona and give him an older Orson Wells, washed up fat guy type of look. But once he's in that suit he's a rhinoceros.

I don't mind him starting at 27. I don't mind him starting at 30. Experience is the main key to Batman for me. You can't really be Batman without some knowledge of the world and 30 seems about right. When I see that he's 21, 22, I know he's supposed to be new and learning but I prefer a guy who's ready in his own mind before he even puts the suit on. 25 would probably be a good sweet spot.

Does Bruce stay in Gotham to graduate from high school? What does current canon say? Former canon? Head canon ?

And if he even did go to H.S. (still unclear), what is the name of the fictional high school he attended? William Finger Academy?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Does Bruce stay in Gotham to graduate from high school? What does current canon say? Former canon? Head canon ?

And if he even did go to H.S. (still unclear), what is the name of the fictional high school he attended? William Finger Academy?
    Something tells me he'd be officially home schooled by Alfred, while unofficially learning from all sorts of others.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

What religion is Bruce? He doesn't strike me as either an atheist nor a churchgoer. I remember there being talk after BATMAN FOREVER (the funeral flashback), that Bruce was raised Roman Catholic (pre- Vatican II). Seems a little too Matt Murdock-ish to me. But he does like religious imagery/statues, tho.

He's probably agnostic. How could you hitch your wagon to any religion in the DC Universe? He was on a Justice League with Zauriel, Wonder Woman and Orion at the same time.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

What religion is Bruce? He doesn't strike me as either an atheist nor a churchgoer. I remember there being talk after BATMAN FOREVER (the funeral flashback), that Bruce was raised Roman Catholic (pre- Vatican II). Seems a little too Matt Murdock-ish to me. But he does like religious imagery/statues, tho.

I think he like religious imagery in the same way as Madonna like religious imagery and I think he is about as religious as Madonna.

Just some old anniversary covers featuring Bruce:

Just some old anniversary covers featuring Bruce:

I wonder how many times that classic cover has been reused and referenced?