Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Hey guys, who is your favorite live action Bruce Wayne? Mine is Christian Bale. I felt like for the first time, we have a character that was more "Bruce Wayne" than Batman.
    Mine is Keaton. I like the eccentric playful aloof hyper-intelligent Bruce. It fits with why I like his relationship with Selina so much. Keaton’s Bruce seemed like he would be up for/challenged by playful shenanigans. Might also be a bit of nostalgia in the equation too, since he was my first Batman/Bruce.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Bale captures the visual and style of Bruce Wayne while Affleck better captures the persona and physicality of Batman (if that makes sense).

I would also say that, despite all the murder, Affleck's interpretation is probably closer to comic Batman then Bale.
    Well. Affleck is definitely closer to Dark Knight Returns Batman.

Bale, to me, feels like the better parts of Rucka's Batman.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

For me, Keaton was a better Batman. When I saw him as Bruce, it was like, I was seeing his "secret identity".

Bale for me really showed us BRUCE WAYNE for the first time. You got to know Bruce and for me, even when he was in his suit, I never forgot that he was Bruce Wayne.

Trivia: Lewis Wilson is the first actor to play Batman. He played Batman in the 1943 Batman serial movies.

_634.wilson.ls.71012.jpg

Here is the information about the movie:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(serial)

Spectacular Member

For me, Keaton was a better Batman. When I saw him as Bruce, it was like, I was seeing his "secret identity".

Bale for me really showed us BRUCE WAYNE for the first time. You got to know Bruce and for me, even when he was in his suit, I never forgot that he was Bruce Wayne.
    Bale does do the melancholic Bruce way better - he feels like the darker comic book accurate Bruce. That is true.

I think Keaton’s more eccentric Bruce may have been more his own invention, so it is just a personal preference of mine. Him and Michelle Pfieffer were so good on screen together. Bale and Hathaway didn’t have any of the fun or spark (IMO). I think because the Batman/catwoman and Bruce/Selina relationship are my favourite comic or fictional pairing the lack of spark with Bale just leaves me cold to the characterization.

Keaton also seemed more fun. I would want to go to a Keaton-Bruce Wayne party moreso than a Bale-Bruce Wayne party. The public Bruce Wayne of Keaton is more of an act (he even ducks out of his own parties) but is more eccentric billionaire with fun soirées to dazzle and amaze. Bale showed up at restaurants with dates who misbehave and then to make up for it he buys the restaurant - he was way more obnoxious. It fit the role and was a good disguise but I just prefer Keaton’s fake-Bruce better (even if it didn’t match the comics as well).

I admit I prefer less tortured versions of Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by K Nikk View Post

Keaton also seemed more fun. I would want to go to a Keaton-Bruce Wayne party moreso than a Bale-Bruce Wayne party. The public Bruce Wayne of Keaton is more of an act (he even ducks out of his own parties) but is more eccentric billionaire with fun soirées to dazzle and amaze. Bale showed up at restaurants with dates who misbehave and then to make up for it he buys the restaurant - he was way more obnoxious. It fit the role and was a good disguise but I just prefer Keaton’s fake-Bruce better (even if it didn’t match the comics as well).
    Yes Keaton's Bruce was more eccentric, which played to the eccentric nature of Batman.

Now Val Kilmer's Bruce Wayne wasn't that bad either. I think his Batman was decent too but he needed a better script.

But I feel like Adam West's Batman and Bruce plays off the best with a Robin.

Yes Keaton's Bruce was more eccentric, which played to the eccentric nature of Batman.

Now Val Kilmer's Bruce Wayne wasn't that bad either. I think his Batman was decent too but he needed a better script.

But I feel like Adam West's Batman and Bruce plays off the best with a Robin.
    Keaton never felt cool enough, either as Bruce or as Batman. A lot of that was the mechanics of the Batsuit at the time - I really love the ideas Nolan had for giving Batman more neck mobility in The Dark Knight. I've read that Batfleck has even more mobility, but I'm not sure exactly how that works.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Keaton never felt cool enough, either as Bruce or as Batman. A lot of that was the mechanics of the Batsuit at the time - I really love the ideas Nolan had for giving Batman more neck mobility in The Dark Knight. I've read that Batfleck has even more mobility, but I'm not sure exactly how that works.
    Yeah but Batfleck has a CGI cape right?

Lego Batman is the best version of Batman

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Ha, ha! I actually heard that Lego Batman is a really good Batman.

But yeah, Christian, he did it for me. I don't know, maybe it was how the movie was set up where it showed us more of Bruce's transformation and his motivations AND just more time out of the suit.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    LOL, I love that line from the trailer about being the world's greatest superhero and having no friends.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Jim Aparo, one of the best Batman pencillers ever

101d89114f4eb06a4e1f0066855efc3e--batman-and-superman-batman-art.jpg
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Ha, ha! I actually heard that Lego Batman is a really good Batman.

But yeah, Christian, he did it for me. I don't know, maybe it was how the movie was set up where it showed us more of Bruce's transformation and his motivations AND just more time out of the suit.
    Lego Batman is fun, but definitely not a Batman I feel the need to read or watch a ton more adventures about. (Not to mention I'm SUPER DONE with Batman/Batgirl shipping, even though Barbara did shoot Bruce down pretty hard.)

I know this is the unpopular opinion but I love Affleck as Batman! He looks like he stepped right out of the comics. This is coming from someone who hated this casting when it was announced. I gladly take back every grumble as I have throughly enjoyed his outings as The Dark Knight. To me he is the complete package of Bruce Wayne AND Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    I know this is the unpopular opinion but I love Affleck as Batman! He looks like he stepped right out of the comics. This is coming from someone who hated this casting when it was announced. I gladly take back every grumble as I have throughly enjoyed his outings as The Dark Knight. To me he is the complete package of Bruce Wayne AND Batman.
    I don't think enjoying Affleck as Batman is an unpopular opinion.

Even the most critical complaints about BvS praised his performance.