Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I had never thought about it but... I think that Batman, for me, has become less a character and more an al-encompassing mythos which can rest on other characters. It's not to say I don't love Batman (Bruce Wayne), since I grew up with BTAS (once of the very few dessin animé which had a very great translation in French when I was a kid and thus left a great impression on me) and I really loved the New 52 Batman books where he was mostly alone (Snyder's run). But the actual character has tended to hide behind the veil of the myth, and that's why it's great to have such a thread to highlight Bruce great moments.

⚡ The Scarlet Poster ⚡ Flash Fan #1's Avatar

He's one of my all-time favorite comic book characters. The animated series introduced me and the rest is history. Re-watching the series now, it's amazing how it still holds up.

I like what King and Tynion are doing with their respective titles. The books have this energy to them and the recent revelation brought towards Bruce in the last issue of Detective should prove to be an entertaining thing to read about moving foward.

The Arkham games did their thing for a couple of years and they're pretty much THE Batman games to play to get your fix, along with Injustice 2.

Overall, it's a great time to be Batman fan.

"If you're not moving, you're not living. No matter how bad it gets or how many hits you take, keep trying."

Incredible Member

I was introduced to Batman in the 1970's with re-runs of the 1966 Tv showbatman_series.jpg

Of course I followed him over the years with The Superfriends, then other animated shows. I got into Batman comics in the 1980's. My first issue was tec_522.jpg
    Then this comic with the introduction of Black Mask really got me hooked.batman black mask.jpg

There is a moment in the Batman the Animated Series. I believe it's the first season. I think it's one of the best Batman moments of all time. It's very subtle and not made a big deal of but it impressed me very much. It's a Joker episode. Batman chases Joker up into some chemical plant or something and we see Joker reveal a metal playing card. He throws one at Batman and Batman dodges it. The next one he throws Batman catches it and Joker's jaw drops. It's so beautiful.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    There is a moment in the Batman the Animated Series. I believe it's the first season. I think it's one of the best Batman moments of all time. It's very subtle and not made a big deal of but it impressed me very much. It's a Joker episode. Batman chases Joker up into some chemical plant or something and we see Joker reveal a metal playing card. He throws one at Batman and Batman dodges it. The next one he throws Batman catches it and Joker's jaw drops. It's so beautiful.
    I remember that. Was that part of the Joker Fish story? Can't recall.

One of the things I liked in Rucka's run was that he gave Bruce time to be a detective. Most writers tend to paint him as an action star in a lot of stories, but Rucka pulled out the actual detective work and showed why he's considered the great detective. I kind of miss that in recent times.

Another thing I tend to like is when writers actually let Bruce be happy, even if it's not for a long period, I love when he's actually feeling good about himself and his family.

Oh and in the Animated series, I love the point where he starts to laugh and scares the hell out of, I think it's Harley, who thinks he's creepy when he laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    It was the episode with Captain Clown, Joker had a trash-barge that made everyone laugh while he robbed the city blind. The episode was called the Last Laugh.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    What was your first non-comic introduction to Batman aka Bruce Wayne?

First introduction to the character was watching reruns of that show during the first part of the 80's. It was sometimes aired the afternoon on a channel who used to be called FR3.

Didn't care much for it back then, was waiting for Zorro who was aired just after.

I like my Batman surrounded by his namesake. Bruce looks good with actual bats.

Fantastic Member

That last one is from batman red rain right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovos2099 View Post
    That last one is from batman red rain right.
    I think it's from Part 2 of the BATMAN:VAMPIRE trilogy -
    BLOODSTORM. Right after RED RAIN and before CRIMSON MIST.

Of all the major superheroes, Bruce has the clearest and most achievable (on its surface at least) mission statement: clean up Gotham.

So, x amount of years (and 4 Robins) later in-continuity, how's our guy doing in regard to his overall goal?

Closer, farther or same as Day One? And how much?

I genuinely do not know what Gotham was like during Zero Year and what is it like Post-Rebirth. Looking for assessments from those who have read ...

Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 08-16-2017 at 01:30 PM.

I kinda wish the comics would let Bruce be weirder.

That was one of the aspects of Tim Burton's 1989 classic that I have come to really appreciate over the years.

I mean, I dig Bruce Wayne hanging upside down to sleep

https://m.imgur.com/CRvpB

That visual has only gotten weirdly cooler since.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 08-17-2017 at 04:59 PM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    I kinda wish the comics would let Bruce be weirder.

That was one of the aspects of Tim Burton's 1989 classic that I have come to really appreciate over the years.

I mean, I dig Bruce Wayne hanging upside down to sleep

https://m.imgur.com/CRvpB

That visual has only gotten weirdly cooler since.
    Yeah, that'd be nice. Bruce should sometimes enjoy his crusade, look in the mirror and say I became the guy from Mark of Zorro and I love it. I dress up, ride my car out of a cave and put the fear of god in badguys. That's why I like ScottSnyder's and Lego Batman. Other than that Batman being a detective will always be what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Yeah, that'd be nice. Bruce should sometimes enjoy his crusade, look in the mirror and say I became the guy from Mark of Zorro and I love it. I dress up, ride my car out of a cave and put the fear of god in badguys. That's why I like ScottSnyder's and Lego Batman. Other than that Batman being a detective will always be what I want.
    You mean something like this?
    IMG_4686.JPG
    IMG_4687.jpg
    IMG_4684.jpg

Just kidding btw