Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Generations: Wolverine & All-New Wolverine - Preview

Saw the preview weeks ago and it's still as bad as I remember.

Really looking forward to this issue, but the preview doesn't show much.

Quote Originally Posted by healed1337 View Post
    Really looking forward to this issue, but the preview doesn't show much.
    Well it shows Tom Taylor couldn't be bothered to get Logan's foster daughter's name correct...

I wonder how this is going to affect Laura's character going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Saw the preview weeks ago and it's still as bad as I remember.
    ???
    What was bad about it? Art looks good and the action seque ces are thrilling.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post

???
    The art isn't the problem. Any comic that shows Hand ninjas getting the best of Logan and needing to be saved by said Hand ninjas is a bad comic IMO. Good thing Laura will be there to save ol' Logan from these things he usually dominates without breaking a sweat. I'm sure this comic will finally convince old school Wolverine fans to support the Legacy Wolverine title now... yep.

???
    He is having problems with a small group of Hand ninjas when he easily beat significantly more ninjas in the past. He also says something like "I thought I was the best. Then I met her" when X23 is seen on panel. Then you see her cutting through the Hand like a hot knife through butter. The art is good. Hopefully the story is good. Right now it is doubtful.

BANNED

Logan and Laura should merge into a super Wolverine. So many snikts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    The art isn't the problem. Any comic that shows Hand ninjas getting the best of Logan and needing to be saved by said Hand ninjas is a bad comic IMO. Good thing Laura will be there to save ol' Logan from these things he usually dominates without breaking a sweat. I'm sure this comic will finally convince old school Wolverine fans to support the Legacy Wolverine title now... yep.
    It's kinda unintentionally made worse by the most recent issue of Jean Grey where even Jeen was able to solo part of a Hand facility when this was her first encounter with them.

I'm just going to repeat what I said a few weeks ago when I saw this preview.

Don't disappoint me Taylor!

I am pretty sure I saw that scene in a movie or something.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    He is having problems with a small group of Hand ninjas when he easily beat significantly more ninjas in the past. He also says something like "I thought I was the best. Then I met her" when X23 is seen on panel. Then you see her cutting through the Hand like a hot knife through butter. The art is good. Hopefully the story is good. Right now it is doubtful.
    I don't think this is the real logan I think it's more of what kobic views them to be. It would explane why hes weaker then he should be. In all honesty this should have started after they show what the vanishing point was.

Good preview. It's Wolverine fighting an army of undead ninjas. It's as classic as Wolverine can get without a bottle of whiskey and a bar fight. After how great Generations: Phoenix & Jean Grey #1 turned out, I'm a lot more optimistic about this.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

???
    Eh, nevermind. Already covered by others.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I don't think this is the real logan I think it's more of what kobic views them to be. It would explane why hes weaker then he should be. In all honesty this should have started after they show what the vanishing point was.
    The big thing is that we have no idea what the Vanishing Point actually is. Marvel says they're the "real" characters, but we have no context for what's happening.

And frankly, the whole "carves through 100s of ninjas like tissue paper" thing has always killed my suspension of disbelief, so I have no problems with the fact that in a straight-up fight Logan may actually be at risk against those numbers. He's not a Brick. He's a guy with claws, healing, and marginally superhuman speed and strength (and this should apply to Laura, as well. The benefit she has in what we've seen of this issue so far is that she was hitting the Hand from the flank while all their attention was focused on Logan).