Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

LOL

the dialogue seems to be addressing marvel's aversion to new stories and people willing to hand over a few dollars not for something new but something good.

It's like he's reading every complaint about the Xbooks.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    LOL

the dialogue seems to be addressing marvel's aversion to new stories and people willing to hand over a few dollars not for something new but something good.

Yup. It's pretty great lol

BANNED

LOL

It's little weird to hear that meta message coming from Charles "weaponized nostalgia" "Emma shold be evil because that's what she was 30 years ago" "I wrote IvX" Soule.

Is the team already entranced by SK's play? And I wonder if he's showing them a picture of the current Xavier, seeing as how he's chained up on the screen as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Based on the pamphlet that Fantomex is holding, I think the subsequent issues will more or less follow that order with the characters. We already know that #3 is Logan-centered based on solicits and #4 has some focus on Rogue/Gambit based on what Mark Pannicia said on Twitter (and the solicits) which might spill over to #5, which according to the pamphlet, is Remy's portion. An interesting concept I think.
    I think that it definitely has significance. Though, I'd also hope that since Soule said there would be ressurections in the story, that'd include some form of Madrox returning, especially since he has his own section.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    When the book was first announced I recall several people linking sources from the writer that the book was out of continuity / free standing.

No I don't have said links and I never visited them personally so I have no clue if it's true. Just passing along what I heard. (If the book is purposefully out of continuity, there can be no continuity errors, right?)
    Yeah, Soule said stuff about him not wanting to be restricted to continuity and all that jazz. That's why Dark Angel Saga and Apocalypse Wars have been ignored for Warren and IvX development of Fanto has also been ignored.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Is the team already entranced by SK's play? And I wonder if he's showing them a picture of the current Xavier, seeing as how he's chained up on the screen as well.

I think that it definitely has significance. Though, I'd also hope that since Soule said there would be ressurections in the story, that'd include some form of Madrox returning, especially since he has his own section.

Yeah, Soule said stuff about him not wanting to be restricted to continuity and all that jazz. That's why Dark Angel Saga and Apocalypse Wars have been ignored for Warren and IvX development of Fanto has also been ignored.
    I hadn't heard about the resurrections bit. Does this also mean that since Jean, Scott, and Charles are listed as having their own acts that they will be revived? Is this what Jean/Phoenix means by saying they'll meet again soon?

Soule really seems to enjoy writing this story to the point where he feels free to make meta commentary and even provoke fans.

The commentary on Emma in the first issue, using Madrox, comments on the current situation of mutants and comics, Beast using the old-fashioned version of cat in the first issue is all part of the show.
    Last edited by Knives; 08-11-2017 at 08:04 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It's little weird to hear that meta message coming from Charles "weaponized nostalgia" "Emma shold be evil because that's what she was 30 years ago" "I wrote IvX" Soule.
    Enjoying this acute takedown, lol.

Oh well, Soule writes a decent Mystique at least so maybe we'll get something out of this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Soule really seems to enjoy writing this story to the point where he feels free to make meta commentary and even provoke fans.

The commentary on Emma in the first issue, using Madrox, comments on the current situation of mutants and comics, Beast using the old-fashioned version of cat in the first issue is all part of the show.
    what was the Emma commentary?

what was the Emma commentary?
    Soule toyed with the readers when it made Psylocke mention the damage that the Shadow King could do if it put his hands on Emma like when he put his hands on Emma in IvX and what could do with her again .

BANNED

Soule toyed with the readers when it made Psylocke mention the damage that the Shadow King could do if it put his hands on Emma like when he put his hands on Emma in IvX and what could do with her again .
    LOL

I didn't see it that way...but now that you say it lol....

BANNED

If Soule actually went that way, I think I'd forgive him haha.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    If Soule actually went that way, I think I'd forgive him haha.
    it would give credit to the theories that it wasn't Soule but Lemire(?)

I thought that was just him mentioning her among a list of other telepaths, not that there was any commentary to it.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Can't wait for this to come out.I thought issue 1 was pretty good.

Fantastic Member

can not wait for issue 2!

this how you do x-men !! I hope this blows blue out of the water in sales. then marvel can cancel x-men blue and we keep soule on as writer of this book! make it an on-going!

gold needs adult jean,scott,prof. x, arcangel, and beast on it and it will be great again!