Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Teen Jean's Constructs

Jean has been practicing making psi-weapons. So, I was wondering about these:

1. If they're telekinetic power, are they solid?
    2. Can others see them? I'm pretty sure she can see them, but are they actually visible?
    3. How close to this is the power of the Green Lanterns and the other lantern corps?

I would assume that Quentin's psi-pistol is not visible because it's telepathic power and just a manifestation of a psi-blast.
    But, in the recent issue of "Jean Grey" I get the impression those psi-weapons are more than just manifestations.
    Any thoughts?

I think they are solid, just like Psylocke's telekinetic katana. And yeah I think people can see them, just like how a telekinetic shield by Jean or others has been visible in the past. I think Quentin's pistols are probably visible too because Betsy's psychic knife, which is also a purely telepathic power, is visible.

On this topic, I have a question I've always wondered about. Say Jean is standing in front of a glass, she can obviously lift it with her telekinesis right? Now say you put a wall between her and the glass, but she knows the glass is there. She just can't see it anymore. Will she still be able to lift it? I mean telekinesis is like having extra limbs kinda, no? And I don't have to see something in order for my hand to pick it up. But I realize it's not as simple, so what do you guys think?

3 - it's a poor man's version of GL powers at best. Lantern constructs can get far more intricate, such as a construct of a living being or something with a boatload of moving parts (such as a fighter jet with launching missiles), and the better lanterns can manage multiple constructs of that level simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    I think they are solid, just like Psylocke's telekinetic katana. And yeah I think people can see them, just like how a telekinetic shield by Jean or others has been visible in the past. I think Quentin's pistols are probably visible too because Betsy's psychic knife, which is also a purely telepathic power, is visible.

On this topic, I have a question I've always wondered about. Say Jean is standing in front of a glass, she can obviously lift it with her telekinesis right? Now say you put a wall between her and the glass, but she knows the glass is there. She just can't see it anymore. Will she still be able to lift it? I mean telekinesis is like having extra limbs kinda, no? And I don't have to see something in order for my hand to pick it up. But I realize it's not as simple, so what do you guys think?
    If telekinetics can manipulate molecules which can't be seen by the naked eye, one must assume that their power allows them to sense any objects around them, which makes me wonder how anyone is able to sneak up on them.

Telekinetic sensitivity doesn't require you to see what youre manipulating, plus psychics can astral project and send out their consciousness, so that helps (jeqn using her TK from halfway around the world to braid storms hair and re-arrange the molecules of her costume).

1) telekinetic constructs are solid (Adult jean and Psylocke), just like telekinetic shields as mentioned by Maxhillary

2) yup they can be seen by everyone

3) construct strengtg depends on the telekinetics power. People like adult jean, chama nate grey, and cable can make very powerful constructs.

I wonder, people with psionic constructs like Unuscione, Armor and that lady doctor from Operation zero tolerance, can their powers act as telekinesis?

3)

BANNED

I'd imagine they're solid and visible. Like the tk weaponry Psylocke or Rachel manifest.

Quire is also a telekinetic btw. His psychic weaponry has been shown to have both physical and psychic properties, as has Psylocke's actually. I'd assume it's the same for Jean.

BANNED

I think it's a good development....goddess forbid they learn how to use their powers in a book that's supposed to be about that

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    3 - it's a poor man's version of GL powers at best. Lantern constructs can get far more intricate, such as a construct of a living being or something with a boatload of moving parts (such as a fighter jet with launching missiles), and the better lanterns can manage multiple constructs of that level simultaneously.
    It's a much rarer power set in Marvel. I think it's just Quasar, Songbird, Doctor Spectrum (the GL expy from Squadron Supreme) and the mutant telekinetics (Psylocke, Quentin, and Jean) that have that ability?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's a much rarer power set in Marvel. I think it's just Quasar, Songbird, Doctor Spectrum (the GL expy from Squadron Supreme) and the mutant telekinetics (Psylocke, Quentin, and Jean) that have that ability?
    Cerise was pretty similar in that she could create solid energy contructs.

Actually Dazzler can do similar things with hard light too.

I've never even heard of Cerise.

BANNED

I've never even heard of Cerise.
    She was in Excalibur, she's Shi'ar.

*cough*Invisible Woman too*cough*
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Cecelia Reyes as well...in a way.

Amazing Member

Marvel onde said in a guidebook of sorts that telekinetic force-fields and constructs are solid air. Bonding oxygen molecules with TK.

But air or energy, I personally hate the idea.

The best concept in my opinion is Moonstar's power to convert astral plane energy into psychic plasma(to create the arrows). She and Psylocke should be the only ones with this ability

Thanks for all the awesome replies. I always assumed telekinetic energy
    and shields were invisible and the tk and tp constructs were only visible to the psi wielding
    them. But, there's something about Jean's use that implied others can see them.