13 20.31%
  • I don't think this will last

8 12.50%
  • no I'm not looking forward to this

32 50.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Are you Getting Hyped for Legacy

I am with the numbering of books back and a new trade dress it feels like a fresh start

BANNED

I'm excited that this is the first fall relaunch/refresh/whathaveyou in some time - maybe the first since Marvel started doing these "seasonal" rebrandings - that it's a legitimate clean start. Meaning that Legacy will start when it's supposed to start and that the summer event that led into it will actually end on time and not bleed over into the relaunch that it's supposed to be setting the stage for.

I feel like the #1 frustration with events - specifically the summer events - has been that they didn't stick to their schedule. When the event was excellent, as with Secret Wars, it was moderately tolerable but yet still irksome and it definitely kneecapped the fall launch due to the fact that SW was still running months into the launch of ANAD.

When the event was subpar, as with Civil War II, that irritation over delays was just compounded tenfold. We know that comics are made by people and not machines and sometimes delays will happen. But that said, when a story that's supposed to wrap up in August - or September at the latest - is still running into December or January of the following year, no matter how reasonable the cause of the delays might be, it still wears down the patience of the audience.

So aside from being happy with Secret Empire just on its storytellng merits, I'm doubly happy that it's stuck to its schedule and will not overlap Legacy.

As for whatever Legacy is going to entail, even had they not put a branding on it, I'd be stoked for the creative teams and the plans that have been revealed so far. And with Secret Empire feeling very much like a bookend to the last decade or so of storytelling that started with Civil War, I feel like Legacy will be a fresh start to the next chapter in Marvel.

I'm also hoping that the promise of no events for some time sticks. Some self-contained mini-series, fine. But line wide events could use an extended break.

And a slightly pared-down - but not bare bones - line is welcome, too.

We'll see how it goes.

BANNED

Huh, what? Oh, I forgot that Generations wasn't Legacy. I get them confused. Who knows what Marvel is up to these days.

Not really, as long as Bendis is still on Iron Man I just can't bring myself to get that invested in Marvel in general.

Unless I see Hazmat, Cullen Bloodstone, Striker, Finesse, Deathlocket, Reptil, Cammi, and Mettle appearing in there, hell no.

For me it solely depends on if the Fantastic Four returns. Otherwise I'm apathetic towards all of this.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Nothing I've seen from the Generations lead in has given me any hope that things will improve.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Spectacular Member

I'm hyped for Donny Cates on Doctor Strange and Thanos, Waid's Captain America, and a new Moon Knight run. Will give Falcon a shot.

I'm dropping She-Hulk and probably either dropping Black Panther or switching to trade-waiting it. I'm currently trying out Spectacular Spider-Man and Astonishing X-Men. The rest of my pull list (GotG, Royals, Black Bolt, Secret Warriors, Old Man Logan, USAvengers) is the same. Excited for the first trade of Defenders. I'm still trade-waiting Ms. Marvel and Moon Girl and I'm planning on catching up with Aaron's Thor and Soule's Daredevil by trade eventually, so no change there.

I was already happy with Marvel and I'm still happy.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Hyped seems strong, but I'm interested at least.

The thing to keep in mind, though, is I like the books that I'm reading. If I didn't like them, I wouldn't be reading them. I'm also unlikely to read the big tentpole books even if they did overhaul them. Given that, the relatively small changes is a draw, not a detriment. The few extra things (a couple Generations books, one or two one-shots, and the Legacy book plus any planned fallout) have me intrigued as long as they don't force me to pay for significantly more things to follow along.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not convinced Marvel has a clue what's caused their sales issues and I feel like any substantial boost Marvel gets out of this will almost be significantly due to dumb luck. But I'm happy from a creative standpoint about it.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

The question is: What does Legacy bring to the table that's exciting ? Mostly nothing.

BANNED

What is there to get excited about? It's just lipstick on a pig IMO.

Thus far, most of what's been announced for Legacy are pretty much the same books with mostly the same creative teams that Marvel's already publishing now - just renumbered. If I wasn't hyped/interested in a book pre-Legacy, I don't really see how changing the issue number to a larger figure is gonna make a difference.

I'll continue getting the same books I've already been getting bar ones that have been cancelled. I do plan on getting Waid/Samnee Cap.
    Last edited by rui no onna; 08-17-2017 at 07:55 PM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Not really no. There's what, one or two new books. One or two new creative teams. And a **** ton of variants. No real changes. Hopefully the rumors are right and we'll get a wholesale directional/editorial change soon.

Yes and no.

I am interested in seeing what they are doing with it. And the numbering was a surprising moment.

So far, I am grateful for Marvel for not going the DC route when it comes to resetting the universe.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Astonishing Member

Not really. There's some cool teams that have been announced for some titles but other than that, what else is new?

Then again, I haven't had a huge issue with what Marvel is doing up to this point as far as stories and directions go.