Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    sounds a lot like me -- for marvel, i'm down to ultimates, infamous iron man, and daredevil, and i've lost (or am about to lose) the first two.

great series. picked it up on a whim when the first volume came out right after secret wars and i'm sad to see it go.

i see no reason why ewing shouldn't be writing a relaunched fantastic four. assuming he'd want the job, that is.

I think he would do a solid job on ff

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    When we the last time any Black character got to really "cut loose" in a Marvel comicbook?

T'Challa's being chumped into the ground in his solo book by Coates, Nighthawk was written into cancellation and then summarily killed off in Occupy Avengers by David Walker so I guess the chances of Blue Marvel really unleashing to his full potential is frankly speaking, zero to none.
    I dare say this issue proved you wrong on many many MANY levels, not just about Adam one shotting a Hulk but also with T'Challa defeating Logos. But you probably wanted some feat like "Adam punching the first firmament in the face" because he needs to be written powerfully, man!

P.S.

Personally I enjoy Spectrum and T'challa (when he's not written like Batman) while I find Blue Mrvel to be just another rip off of Superman complete with "fortress of solitude" and supergenius intellect on par with Reed Richards.

What a great book this has been.
    Ultimate Exiles when?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Yes agreed - I hope they maintain the ideas about the cosmology
    The Ultimate Ultimates on the Far Shore sounds like an epic trilogy that I would definitely read.

Can anybody believe the Ultimates 2, being mere mortals, could have any effect on the outcome of the First Firmament battle? They were just standing around, or, Blue Marvel punches Hulk. I find it inconceivable biological creatures were operating on the same level as Cosmics, (although I don't quite know what America Chavez must be - a teleporter between universes?). All I can think of is the Ultimates 2 were witnesses of a phenomena that ended with the Ultimates 2 receiving "Hope", and this then succeeds in Secret Empire as well, as "Hope" infects the battle of Hydra Cap.

So what did Al Ewing do in this series? It started as the 616/Ultimate Universe mixing unnaturally, with Eternity chained, and the Multiverse being eaten up with Makers help. And Maker never even realised his machine was consuming the Multiverse, so Maker isn't that smart, and must be short a few marbles. (Eventually the Ultimate Universe Ultimates went on a journey to collect all the Makers in the Multiverse). It ends with Eternity in place again, the Living Tribunal again, the Celestials in place again, and Galactus still the Life Bringer, (although I don't know how Al Ewing got that passed editorial now he's finished).

Are we to expect that we will have a new, stabilitized, ANAD now, after magic went crazy, Iso-8 existing, and super hero classic characters were killed off en masse? I think Ultimates 2 had a connection to Secret Empires fortunes, in that ANAD needed Hydra Cap to exploit the chaos that was ANAD till the real, stable version congealed itself properly, after Reece and Richards quickened its existence hurriedly. There was always going to be growing pains for a new reality. I didn't expect anything like the 616 to survive Secret Wars though. I thought the 616 was going to be superceded at the end, by something new.
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-18-2017 at 12:15 AM.

Astonishing Member

Regarding all the multiverses and their manifestations -- did that have some relation to anything, in terms of comcis publication? That kind of meta-commentary seems likely for an Ewing book.

I thought maybe the 'junction/science' one was Fantastic Four, the magic one was Dr. Strange, the 'first hero' was Captain America, "The wanderer" was maybe...Namor? Not sure what the omega force would be...

But that doesn't jibe with the publication order, so maybe it was more philosophically, 'first magic, then science', but I'm not sure how heroism plays into that scheme, or wandering, or "omega".

Doesn't anyone think it is strange to be discussing this in the spoiler thread for the preview? We have a perfectly healthy Ultimates 2 thread to get into the details.

i got to admit, starting this issue with the OAA was a surprise i did not see coming but i enjoyed it plus how the story went...i for one thank Ewing for this series.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Doesn't anyone think it is strange to be discussing this in the spoiler thread for the preview? We have a perfectly healthy Ultimates 2 thread to get into the details.
    Just go with the flow, its what i do, less hassle i feel.