Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Does anyone think Al Ewing will do a interview with CBR to discuss the series? That would be great.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I like where this is going, but I wish the panel after "my Ultimates" was a full page splash of the Ultimates in dynamic, action poses wearing some badass costumes, equipped for battle and ready to take names. It's a little underwhelming to see everyone standing around, with MAC and Blue Marvel in what basically amounts to street clothes. I don't feel that intro was as awesomely epic as it could have been.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 08-12-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Does this mean eternity war is going to intrude on SE? Are the stories intervining?Anyway the ultimate clash awaits.
    With all the build up my guess was that Eterniy War would result in the return of the Fantastic Four and conclusion of the infinite Ultimate Reeds storyline. But because negotiations fell through it all had to go out the window and we will probably never get a proper conclusion on Ultimate Reeds along with all the other unfinished Al Ewing plots.

Ewing isn't the only one using the Maker, he's the baddie in Infamous Iron Man as well.

And Ewing still has U.S.Avengers and Royals, both of which can pick up loose threads.

I have to ask...

...is THIS the issue when we'll get to finally see the Blue Marvel cut loose?

It will likely be his last appearance for the foreseeable future, so... just sayin'.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I have to ask...

It will likely be his last appearance for the foreseeable future, so... just sayin'.
    When we the last time any Black character got to really "cut loose" in a Marvel comicbook?

T'Challa's being chumped into the ground in his solo book by Coates, Nighthawk was written into cancellation and then summarily killed off in Occupy Avengers by David Walker so I guess the chances of Blue Marvel really unleashing to his full potential is frankly speaking, zero to none.

I have to ask...

Not necessarily. For one thing, there's still the end of Secret Empire. And then what's to say that the Ultimates won't still appear in Carol's solo?

I have to ask...

I'm sure the Ultimates will do something to overcome impossible odds and save the multiverse. But because of the scale of the problem, a plot device of some sort will be needed to save day. So I don't necessarily expect the sort of win some might be hoping for.

As far as Adam cutting lose, I did think him almost cumbetstomping the entire Squadron solo awhile back was pretty cool. He didn't even need to call in the Ultimates for back up .... he had that it himself.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    As far as Adam cutting lose, I did think him almost cumbetstomping the entire Squadron solo awhile back was pretty cool. He didn't even need to call in the Ultimates for back up .... he had that it himself.
    The big asterisk there is that he had pre-intel from Ulysses. And even then, he didn't cut loose. He merely used his basic level of power to quash a predictable ant. That's really not the same thing. Let's not try to characterize it as such.

It's also not the same thing when he merges with Monica in order to become far superior than a "mini boss." Thor wouldn't need to do that. Neither would the Hulk. Neither would the Silver Surfer. Nor would the Sentry. Ditto Hickman's Hyperion. None of the upper echelon heroes would need to do that. Heck, even Anti-Man wouldn't need to do that. Blue Marvel should not need to do that, either. Not if he's allowed to truly cut loose.

BANNED

I have to ask...

Given the characters in play, First Firmament, Eternity, Galactus, Black Celestials, One Above All, Blu Marvel cutting loose would be like an ant charging against a steel wall.

Quote Originally Posted by penthotal View Post
    Given the characters in play, First Firmament, Eternity, Galactus, Black Celestials, One Above All, Blu Marvel cutting loose would be like an ant charging against a steel wall.
    Or he could be like a grain of Kryptonite against the Man of Steel. We'll just never really know.

The big asterisk there is that he had pre-intel from Ulysses. And even then, he didn't cut loose. He merely used his basic level of power to quash a predictable ant. That's really not the same thing. Let's not try to characterize it as such.

It's also not the same thing when he merges with Monica in order to become far superior than a "mini boss." Thor wouldn't need to do that. Neither would the Hulk. Neither would the Silver Surfer. Nor would the Sentry. Ditto Hickman's Hyperion. None of the upper echelon heroes would need to do that. Heck, even Anti-Man wouldn't need to do that. Blue Marvel should not need to do that, either. Not if he's allowed to truly cut loose.
    In a solo book individual heroes might not need to work together to defeat a bad fuy, but in a team book that sort of some with the territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    When we the last time any Black character got to really "cut loose" in a Marvel comicbook?

T'Challa's being chumped into the ground in his solo book by Coates, Nighthawk was written into cancellation and then summarily killed off in Occupy Avengers by David Walker so I guess the chances of Blue Marvel really unleashing to his full potential is frankly speaking, zero to none.
    Maybe Spider-Man when he beat the crap out of Stevil.

Quote Originally Posted by penthotal View Post
    Yeah, ultimately it's the scale of the problem which I think will necessitate some sort of plot device more than anything else saving the day. Eternity level threats aren't things heroes can just flat out beat. They will find a way to win of course, but that usually translates to some sort if deux ex machina or whatever.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

That looks magnificent!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor