Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ducktales 2017

After watching the last episode, I'm assuming they're gonna make Gyro Gearloose a villain now. Ugh...

Extraordinary Member

I love this show.

The pilot was excellent, and the two recent episodes matched that high quality.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    After watching the last episode, I'm assuming they're gonna make Gyro Gearloose a villain now. Ugh...
    It's just building up to Gizmoduck.

The project's name is what Fenton said in the old series to activate his armor.

I think Webby's new friend is Magica De Spell
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I think Webby's new friend is Magica De Spell
    Close. She's a relative of Magica's.

BANNED

This show is pretty great. It's too bad Disney didn't do something like use this as a springboard to do something like relaunch Saturday morning cartoons on ABC...where way more people would actually watch the thing. Instead they've got this nice little cartoon buried on so network nobody watches. And Ducktales actually looks like some money has went into it, unlike all the ongoing Marvel cartoons over at XD, so I'm kind of wondering how long it can go with XD ratings.

Spectacular Member MagnarTheGreat's Avatar

I'm really enjoying this. Only real quibble is the amount of dialogue/talking which seems to be so en vogue with children's cartoons these days instead of visual storytelling and a more relaxed pace. But the 2D animation and style is pretty good, the humor and heart is there, and the story is fun and interesting enough.

They've also relaunched the DuckTales comics with IDW.

Extraordinary Member

That's a cool and kinda creepy way to introduce Magica. I like it and look forward to her full appearance, she was always my favourite villain in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That's a cool and kinda creepy way to introduce Magica. I like it and look forward to her full appearance, she was always my favourite villain in the series.
    I wonder if she is trapped and has tasked her niece with releasing her? Also was the raven that hung around her her lover or relative in the original series. Wasn't he originally anthropomorphised and was trapped in raven form or am I remembering wrong?

Matt "peace out suckas"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I wonder if she is trapped and has tasked her niece with releasing her? Also was the raven that hung around her her lover or relative in the original series. Wasn't he originally anthropomorphised and was trapped in raven form or am I remembering wrong?
    That would be Poe De Spell. He was her brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That would be Poe De Spell. He was her brother.
    Okay I thought brother but wasn't sure.

Matt "peace out suckas"

I was wondering what was going on with Magica since she was one of the only major Ducktales villains who didn't seem to be in the reboot. Fitting to establish her in the episode right after the one that introduced Scrooge's #1 dime.

And while I don't mind the focus on the kids, is Scrooge going to get to do anything in the next episode ?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Close. She's a relative of Magica's.
    It's funny. I remember an old Duck Tales comic where Webby made friends with a niece of Magica. Of course, it was different back then. Magica's niece was named Minima DeSpell and she was this little witch girl who dressed a lot like her aunt. I wonder if the writers read that comic too and that's where they got the idea for this.

With the whole emphasis on family....I wonder if they will have the Mallard family be related to the Duck family in some way. After all were getting Gladstone Gander in a couple of episodes
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was wondering what was going on with Magica since she was one of the only major Ducktales villains who didn't seem to be in the reboot. Fitting to establish her in the episode right after the one that introduced Scrooge's #1 dime.

And while I don't mind the focus on the kids, is Scrooge going to get to do anything in the next episode ?
    Disney XD isn't airing these episodes in order. That's why it seems like there's more emphasis on the kids (that, and because kids are the intended audience.)