Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ducktales 2017

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Darkwing Duck reboot episode was quite enjoyable.. Can't wait to see what they do with the rest.

I’m really excited to see what they do with the Kit and Molly. And I’m dying to see Donald interact with Goofy and Daisy already.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member

Been a while since this thread has had posts, but since they're airing a 1 hour Darkwing episode today, I feel bumping is warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Been a while since this thread has had posts, but since they're airing a 1 hour Darkwing episode today, I feel bumping is warranted.
    Also it's supposed to be available without a subscription on the Disney now app

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Also it's supposed to be available without a subscription on the Disney now app
    It is, I watched there myself XD

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Fun easter egg fact: The "Mad Thinker" Solego who came up with the idea of fiction being inspired by visions of alternate dimensions, is a reference to Solego the Chaos God, a Sorcerous enemy who was the main antagonist of a crossover event between Darkwing Duck, Ducktales, Rescue Rangers, Goof Troop, and Talespin in the Disney Adventures publication back in the 90s.

They should have just moved it to Disney+ to give that service some actual content. Disney killed this show by moving it back to Disney XD.

Absolute shame. The show was way better than it ever had any right to be.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    They should have just moved it to Disney+ to give that service some actual content. Disney killed this show by moving it back to Disney XD.

Better to go out on a high note, if nothing else .

It's getting over 65 episodes, which is more than most cartoons these days get.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    It's getting over 65 episodes, which is more than most cartoons these days get.
    And I'm happy we got that. But there still could have been more. The show still has a lot of life left in it. Them attempting a Darkwing spinoff kind of proves that.

I'm grateful of what we got, but that's not justification for ending it.

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

And I'm happy we got that. But there still could have been more. The show still has a lot of life left in it. Them attempting a Darkwing spinoff kind of proves that.

I'm grateful of what we got, but that's not justification for ending it.
    I definitely can't argue that the show gave off a feel that there were many more adventures or and creative opportunities ahead, even if a part of me feels like they were starting to exaggerate the cast a bit (especially Dewey and Webby), but I will be really disappointed if that Darkwing reboot has nothing to do with this show after all the work the creators put into creating their own Darkwing-verse that they'll now likely never touch on again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I definitely can't argue that the show gave off a feel that there were many more adventures or and creative opportunities ahead, even if a part of me feels like they were starting to exaggerate the cast a bit (especially Dewey and Webby), but I will be really disappointed if that Darkwing reboot has nothing to do with this show after all the work the creators put into creating their own Darkwing-verse that they'll now likely never touch on again.
    I'd really hope so. I think Launchpad would be a given to be on it, maybe he can bring Dewey along on an episode or two since he has history with them now as well.

I'd really hope so. I think Launchpad would be a given to be on it, maybe he can bring Dewey along on an episode or two since he has history with them now as well.
    I'm kind of Dewey'd out, but it would make sense from a character perspective .

Astonishing Member

I believe the reboot of Darkwing Duck is going to be like a continuation of this Ducktales, probably with the characters appearing regularly in it. And I believe they will do the same with the other character who made cameos in Ducktales: Goof Troop, TaleSpin, Bonkers, Chip n Dale: Rescue Rangers... etc.