Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Maybe I should reword it to say "Until recently". I was just upset that after Jones had Dani she seemed to just give up her super hero status and only showed up in the baby was in danger or just to remind everyone that she was married to Luke and they had kid.

At least, that's how it seemed to me.

I don't think Jessica Jones pregnancy and her position in comics after the baby was born was handled nearly as well as Jessica Drew's.

But that's just my opinion.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member

I always picture Stan looking over the pencils and saying "wait, how do I explain Pym's new costume... ah, screw it, it's late, I'll just say the girl sewed it for him."

Avengers 028-005.jpg

This is also sort of an example of how tropes wear out their welcome through over-use and the passage of time. What's wrong with a female character knowing how to sew? Nothing. But if all the girls know how to sew outfits, and they're even sewing outfits for people they've never met, maybe this "girls can sew" thing is a bit over-used.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Maybe I should reword it to say "Until recently". I was just upset that after Jones had Dani she seemed to just give up her super hero status and only showed up in the baby was in danger or just to remind everyone that she was married to Luke and they had kid.

At least, that's how it seemed to me.

I don't think Jessica Jones pregnancy and her position in comics after the baby was born was handled nearly as well as Jessica Drew's.

But that's just my opinion.
    To be fair, she was more of a supporting character in New Avengers so she didn't quite get the chance to shine but I agree with you.
    Drew barely slowed down, Jones went full stop for a while.

I remember all she does in Marvel Universe vs Avengers was calling someone for help before getting killed alongside her baby and Squirrel Girl instead of fighting back against her Husband (yeah really. Luke loses his mind, as do most people in the story. It makes sense in the context of the events).

Jess Drew on the other hand died fighting and trying to protect her son in the recent Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe again issue.... which is not really a good book but thats beside the point.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Ultimate FF was horrendously sexist. Now, the leader of the Future Foundation was Susan Storm. That's fine and it's good to see her step up in a leadership position. However, she never did anything during the entire series. Everyone blew her off, ignored her orders, disrespected her, her decisions meant nothing, she effected nothing, etc.

But then came the final two issues. Susan Storm, in order to save the entire universe had to get pregnant by Reed (who killed all of Asgard if you recall) and produce a magical baby in order to stop whatever was coming in Hickman's New Avengers run. She had no choice, no argument. She had to be babymaking machine essentially. Then she goes to Reed and almost sexually assaults him via trying to cut open his balls to get at his seed. But Reed talks her down and calms her, because you know, the woman was hysterical and the men are the only ones who can talk sense into them. Thus, the final issue is her popping out her baby and all the men having to protect her DA END.

And this was made in 2014. This passed by editors... in fact, an editor even co-wrote it when the writer fell sick. Screw Ultimate FF to hell and back.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Ultimate FF was horrendously sexist. Now, the leader of the Future Foundation was Susan Storm. That's fine and it's good to see her step up in a leadership position. However, she never did anything during the entire series. Everyone blew her off, ignored her orders, disrespected her, her decisions meant nothing, she effected nothing, etc.

But then came the final two issues. Susan Storm, in order to save the entire universe had to get pregnant by Reed (who killed all of Asgard if you recall) and produce a magical baby in order to stop whatever was coming in Hickman's New Avengers run. She had no choice, no argument. She had to be babymaking machine essentially. Then she goes to Reed and almost sexually assaults him via trying to cut open his balls to get at his seed. But Reed talks her down and calms her, because you know, the woman was hysterical and the men are the only ones who can talk sense into them. Thus, the final issue is her popping out her baby and all the men having to protect her DA END.

And this was made in 2014. This passed by editors... in fact, an editor even co-wrote it when the writer fell sick. Screw Ultimate FF to hell and back.
    Daaaamn. That sounds "Ultimatum" levels of bad.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Well, she was already retired as a Superhero by the time she was pregnant, so it's not like it was that much of a change.

The Pulse was also the first book with her in it after the pregnancy and she was actively working, even while pregnant, just not as a Superhero.

But Matternativ has a valid point that she didn't really do much in New Avengers (but, again, she was retired) until the second volume where she was bascially an active member (and this was long after Dani had been born).

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post

Never liked the Ultimate universe version of Sue and after reading this I'm happy I quit Ultimate Fantastic Four early.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

The plotline of Wanda for the past ten years.

Powerful female- gets possessed or goes crazy.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    The plotline of Wanda for the past ten years.

Powerful female- gets possessed or goes crazy.
    How is being forced to do something against your will sexy? Because that's basically what happened to Wanda for both avengers diassambled and the house of m and to an extent during axis but definitely during secret empire is that she's being forced to do these things against her will.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 08-14-2017 at 04:48 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    How is being forced to do something against your will sexy?
    Wrong thread, sexist means preferential treatment of one sex over the other.

Sexiest means sexy.

How is being forced to do something against your will sexy? Because that's basically what happened to Wanda for both avengers diassambled and the house of m and to an extent during axis but definitely during secret empire is that she's being forced to do these things against her will.
    You are thinking on the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    You are thinking on the other thread.
    Omfg you're right I didn't realize until you and the other person responded that I was on the sexist moments in marvel comics not the sexiest moments in marvel comics.... such a fail on my part -_____-.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    Wrong thread, sexist means preferential treatment of one sex over the other.

Sexiest means sexy.
    You're right I'm so sorry about that lol I honestly thought that this was the sexiest moments in marvel comics thread...I only realized it was the sexist moments in marvel comics thread only after I had already commented and you and dragonmp93 responded to my comment.

Such a fail on my part.

But with that said and out of the way I also do believe that the treatment of Wanda maxonmoff being posssesed and making her crazy was sexist and goes all the way back to avengers disassembled to where we are now with secret empire and must say it is still very sexist more so in the context of the secret empire story.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

How is being forced to do something against your will sexy?
    At first I thought you were pulling a Spinal Tap thing, a la "What's wrong with being sexy?"

Ha ha...my diabolically EVIL plan actually WORKED!!! Mwahahahaha...yeah.
    Last edited by Graphic Autist; 08-14-2017 at 06:06 PM.