View Poll Results: What's your opinion on Josh Brolin as Cable in Deadpool 2 movie?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Josh Brolin fits perfectly as Cable

26 49.06%
  • They should have chosen a younger actor

1 1.89%
  • I prefer another actor

8 15.09%
  • He's going to be a fine Cable

18 33.96%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    For me, they should have casted a younger actor.

Jackin Chan face!

All-New Member

I dont mind the age, but Cable looks like a meth addict in that pic.

Astonishing Member

I'm still betting on him being stryfe pretending to be cable in a massive plot twist

Josh Brolin is gonna be great as Cable. And Brolin is 49 and in great physical shape. Not sure how much younger people think he should be.

Stephen Lang was an obvious choice but you have to consider that actor that plays Cable is committing to 3 movies at least. Deadpool 2, X-Force, and possibly a Cable stand alone movie. Not to mention he's eventually gonna have to pull double duty as Stryfe. Lang is 65 and is a riskier option for a multi-picture deal unless you're filming back-to-back like Cameron is doing with the Avatar sequels.

Brolin was someone nobody considered because he was already playing Thanos, but the guy's perfect. He's a strong, versatile actor with a wider range than Keira Knightly has ever thought about. He knows how to play the "straight man" in a comedic role (See Men in Black III) and he can carry an action film (See Sicario). Director David Leitch compared the chemistry between Brolin and Ryan Reynolds to what you see in the Cable & Deadpool comics. If it's anything close to that, it's gonna be so friggin' awesome...

The chemistry between Deadpool and Cable is what's going to make or break Deadpool 2. Brolin needs to have that chemistry far more than being taller. IMO, he's fine. Cable being 7 feet tall and 350 lbs doesn't make a lot of logical sense. Did his bones magically grow due to the TO virus?