Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

snazzy dresser, too...

warlock1.jpg

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Isn't it Victor Von Doom? Established like forever? YMMV
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

BANNED

Best-looking male characters: Gambit, Namor, Black Bolt, Namor, Thor, Namor, Dr Doom, Namor, Namor, Namor . . .

Ultimate Member

In Whedon's Astonishing run, Emma's listing off all the reasons why Xavier must have pity-picked Scott to lead the X-Men over pretty much anyone else; "Beast's a genius, Jean's a psychic, and he kind of thinks we're better than the rest, Warren's practically a god..." I don't think she was talking about Warren's awesome mutant powers.

In any event, for me it boils down to who is better-looking, and who is *sexy* about it. Cyclops and Captain America are drawn very attractive, but are dreadfully serious and rarely have an ounce of 'sexy' to them. Gambit and Noh-Varr and Namor tend to lean more into the 'willfully sexy' side of things. And then Warren and Johnny kind of hit it from both sides, being both labeled as attractive *and* willing to flaunt it.

There's an interesting double-standard with the ladies. It might be okay for Johnny Storm or Namor to vamp it up or deliberately show off their bodies, but many of the ladies, despite having supermodel good looks, are kind of no-nonsense about it. Jean, Storm, Sue, Janet, Wanda, Carol, Songbird, etc. are unlikely to willingly sexualize themselves. Other characters, like Black Cat or Psylocke, using their looks (and men's reactions to them) to their advantage, seem more comfortable doing so, but are also explicitly defined in some cases as 'bad girls.' Some of that might be based around one's relative power level. The Black Widow might need to distract some male adversaries to get an edge. 'Auntie Monica' (Rambeau)'s got no time for that, and that's saying something for a woman who can travel around the world eight times in a second

BANNED

Matt Murdock, Namor and Scott Summers. They are sexy.
    Last edited by CuteClops; 08-13-2017 at 12:46 AM.

Eww Namor's face is so fugly! with his ridiculous hairline, over plucking eyebrows, hideous ears. In addition he probaly smells like a dead fish.

X-Men = Gambit
    Avengers = Captain America
    Fantastic Four = Human Torch
    Defenders = Luke Cage
    New Warriors = Nova
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    Eww Namor's face is so fugly! with his ridiculous hairline, over plucking eyebrows, hideous ears. In addition he probaly smells like a dead fish.
    Namor has a face? I always get struck blind by the scaly green taint before noticing his Spock-brows and Spock-ears and freakish square-topped head. But yeah, he's somehow considered sexy. Weird that the best fish he could land was Marrina (for whom I have deliberately found the least-attractive picture, ever, 'cause I'm mean like that).

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

I suppose either Thor or the Human Torch, aka Johnny Storm.

Extraordinary Member

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong thread.

While I'm here, though, here's the classic case for Angel.

Uncanny X-Men 169-018.jpg
    Last edited by gurkle; 08-14-2017 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Hawkeye seems like he's supposed to be depicted as the slightly above average type guy. But still average.....
    Being the "normal guy" is kinda his thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    In Whedon's Astonishing run, Emma's listing off all the reasons why Xavier must have pity-picked Scott to lead the X-Men over pretty much anyone else; "Beast's a genius, Jean's a psychic, and he kind of thinks we're better than the rest, Warren's practically a god..." I don't think she was talking about Warren's awesome mutant powers.

In any event, for me it boils down to who is better-looking, and who is *sexy* about it. Cyclops and Captain America are drawn very attractive, but are dreadfully serious and rarely have an ounce of 'sexy' to them. Gambit and Noh-Varr and Namor tend to lean more into the 'willfully sexy' side of things. And then Warren and Johnny kind of hit it from both sides, being both labeled as attractive *and* willing to flaunt it.

There's an interesting double-standard with the ladies. It might be okay for Johnny Storm or Namor to vamp it up or deliberately show off their bodies, but many of the ladies, despite having supermodel good looks, are kind of no-nonsense about it. Jean, Storm, Sue, Janet, Wanda, Carol, Songbird, etc. are unlikely to willingly sexualize themselves. Other characters, like Black Cat or Psylocke, using their looks (and men's reactions to them) to their advantage, seem more comfortable doing so, but are also explicitly defined in some cases as 'bad girls.' Some of that might be based around one's relative power level. The Black Widow might need to distract some male adversaries to get an edge. 'Auntie Monica' (Rambeau)'s got no time for that, and that's saying something for a woman who can travel around the world eight times in a second
    If I remember the Ultimates Bombshell was well aware and proud of her looks. But then again, she started out as a Villain I think so she fits in the "Bad Girl" Territory too.

@Topic:
    Are we talking about in-universe opinions or our very own?

Because in Universe I think Warren, Rogers and Stark are way up there.

As far as my opinion goes: Ultimate Thor that ripped and bearded bastard looked really good.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Peter Rasputin

Simon Williams

Matt Murdock

Warren Worthington III
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

no love for Andreas Strucker? sure, he's a test tube baby. but I think he's quite pretty.

and, while it's not his real face, Scott Wright/Micromax's "working face" is supposed to be handsome. I can't imagine that someone with his powers would choose a face that was less than handsome.