Default It's time to have a reply minimum for new members

before they can start a thread.

The spam attacks on the Community board are getting ridiculous.

Make it 5 or 10 replies. Not much if someone is interested in being here. Too much for effort friggin spammers.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    before they can start a thread.

The spam attacks on the Community board are getting ridiculous.

Make it 5 or 10 replies. Not much if someone is interested in being here. Too much for effort friggin spammers.
    I think they'll just spam on the replies if that's the case. I've seen that happen on other forums. At least new threads make them easier to catch and report.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Exactly. At least with new threads they're easier to spot.

Also, this wave of very active spammers has only hit recently. Like most waves, it'll pass in time.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Thanks for the replies. Just thought I'd ask, but I will leave it to the Admin to work out the best strategy.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I haven't had as much time to monitor the new member registrations list lately too, which also must be contributing to some of these spammers making it through. I usually catch many of them before they have a chance to post.

Best thing everyone can do is report them when they see it happening. Don't just assume someone else will.
    Conn Seanery

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    I haven't had as much time to monitor the new member registrations list lately too, which also must be contributing to some of these spammers making it through. I usually catch many of them before they have a chance to post.

Best thing everyone can do is report them when they see it happening. Don't just assume someone else will.
    Question along those lines-if there are multiple posts from a spammer, is it enough to report just one of them or should multiple of their posts be reported as spam? I usually just report the first one from a poster that is spam, but if that is not effective, I can do more if it helps.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Question along those lines-if there are multiple posts from a spammer, is it enough to report just one of them or should multiple of their posts be reported as spam? I usually just report the first one from a poster that is spam, but if that is not effective, I can do more if it helps.

-M
    One's enough. If a significant amount of time has passed and the spam is still there, it wouldn't hurt to do another.
    Conn Seanery

I had the same question as MRP. Thanks Conn.