Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series

A question for those who have seen the movie:

spoilers:
    Do you think she's really dead, or do you think she survived somehow?
    end of spoilers
    "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever"--Isaiah 40:8

“A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.”--Batman

“You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don’t alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.”--The Doctor

People have been using the reasoning the "Dark Empire" sort of reasoning when they brought him back-that the armor could've helped (Then again, Fett hasn't made any post-ROTJ appearences in the new canon, and I think one of the Aftermath novels has his armor recovered). Too bad the Vanity Fair cover was misleading; then again this is the same magazine that had Obi-Wan battle Maul on Tatooine, a scene not in the film. Likewise the comic didn't show her face either.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I doubt it. It felt like Disney wanted a Boba Fett for a new generation but the problem is they didn't understand that Boba Fett was lighting in a bottle.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I personally think so. spoilers:
    Her armor was blasterproof, but it lit up like a torch when she fell into the fire.
    end of spoilers

I'd rather see TR8TR return

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I doubt it. It felt like Disney wanted a Boba Fett for a new generation but the problem is they didn't understand that Boba Fett was lighting in a bottle.
    I'd say Darth Maul sort of achieved a sort of Boba Fett cult status; so much so I think that like Fett in the Legends canon, he was brought back and given a role in the Clone Wars and Rebels as a sort of foil to Obi-Wan.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I think there is possibility that Phasma will be still appearing in comics even after the film.

Like arth Maul, Boba Fett also appeared alive in novels and comics after the Return of the Jedi. A comic book once explained how Boba Fett survived the fall into the monster's jaws. Before the fight with the Alliance heroes, Fett captured two outlaws disguised as imperial stormtroopers and tied them up to a pole and kicked them into the creature's jaws. luckily the pole saved them by being stuck in the throat. Then they saved Boba Fett as well so they needed his jet pack to fly them out of the pit. Boba agreed to spare them for once and left then.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    i think they gave themselves an out by showing that her armor is incredibly strong. So they can easily bring her back if they want. Her face may be turned up since the helmet was damaged. But I think she’ll return because Fin needs his arch enemy.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    spoilers:
    i think they gave themselves an out by showing that her armor is incredibly strong. So they can easily bring her back if they want. Her face may be turned up since the helmet was damaged. But I think she’ll return because Fin needs his arch enemy.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I really hope they do bring her back in the next film and give her more scenes dealing with Finn. I feel like she should've been a constant threat to him. Granted I did enjoy the scenes she was in since it slighty made up for her barely being there for TFA but it feels like a lot of time with the character was cut.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I certainly think she survived. After reading the recent book and the comic about her one thing rings true, she's a survivor at all cost. Captain Phasma is one of my favorite characters and I was gutted when she got so little attention yet again in TLJ. I had read Phasma was to be given a more prominent role in TLJ but it took until two third of the way through the movie before she appears, briefly at that. If she did perish I think it's a greatly wasted character with potential. I don't see the positives of having her dead with another movie to come.
    end of spoilers