Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Favorite female villains

Who are your all-time favorite female villains of the DCU?

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

My favorites would have to be the Gotham City Sirens. I'm also very fond of Cheetah, Livewire, and Terra.

BANNED

Scandal Savage is #1, with runner-ups for me being Jeanette and Cheshire.

Killer Frost. Love all versions, but Louise is my absolute favorite. Others include: Circe in 2nd place, Silver Swan, Livewire, Cheetah, Mindboggler, the Hyena, Plastique, Catwoman, Harley Quinn, Lady Shiva and Bleez.

Ultimate Member

Emerald Empress and Terra are my two favorites, but Sarya wins it because Tara was amazing for exactly one storyline, and it had an expiration date. Sarya's run was quite a bit longer.

It's funny, I try to think of others, based on the heroes they 'mirror,' and come up blank. Superman's got Maxima and Silver Banshee, neither of whom even move my needle. Batman's got Catwoman and Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn (some good choices there!). Wonder Woman's got Dr. Poison, Cheetah and Circe. Aquaman's got ??? Green Lantern's got Star Sapphire, who doesn't even count as a villain anymore (and Catwoman barely does). Flash has, uh, Golden Glider? Eh.

Cheshire's also pretty cool, but I haven't seen her in ages, and she didn't seem to get the same traction as Deathstroke. From the Teen Titans cartoon, Madame Rouge made quite an impression, as well as Queen Bee, from the Young Justice cartoon.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 08-13-2017 at 07:47 AM.

Ultimate Member

Killer Frost, Circe, Cheetah, Lady Shiva, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Scandal Savage, Bleez, Livewire, and Cheshire. I don't really count Catwoman as a full-on villain.

Which reminds me, DC really should push at least some of these as bigger deals in-universe. Circe, Ivy, Cheetah, and Bleez could be major players at least if given the chance.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Emerald Empress and Terra are my two favorites, but Sarya wins it because Tara was amazing for exactly one storyline, and it had an expiration date. Sarya's run was quite a bit longer.

It's funny, I try to think of others, based on the heroes they 'mirror,' and come up blank. Superman's got Maxima and Silver Banshee, neither of whom even move my needle. Batman's got Catwoman and Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn (some good choices there!). Aquaman's got ??? Green Lantern's got Star Sapphire, who doesn't even count as a villain anymore (and Catwoman barely does). Flash has, uh, Golden Glider? Eh.

Cheshire's also pretty cool, but I haven't seen her in ages, and she didn't seem to get the same traction as Deathstroke. From the Teen Titans cartoon, Madame Rouge made quite an impression, as well as Queen Bee, from the Young Justice cartoon.
    The current version of Killer Frost is more of an anti-hero than a full-on villan as well.

Cheetah
    Poison Ivy
    Doctor Poison

Here are a few to get you started:
    * Artemis / Tigress III (Artemis Crock)
    * Baroness Paula Von Gunther
    * Catwoman (Selina Kyle)
    * Cheetah I (Priscilla Rich / Golden Age)
    * Cheetah II (Deborah Domaine)
    * Cheetah III (Barbara Minerva)
    * Dark Angel
    * Endless Winter (Delores Winters' brain in another body)
    * Faora
    * Huntress I (Paula Brooks)
    * Killer Frost I (Crystal Frost)
    * Lorelei of Fairy Land
    * Mekanique
    * Osira (from Wonder Woman series in 1977)
    * Queen Bee (Zazzala)
    * Roulette (Veronica Sinclair)
    * Shiv (Cindy Burman)
    * Silver Swan I (Helen Alexandros)
    * Superwoman (from Crime Syndicate of Earth-3)
    * Golden Age Thorn (Rose Canton, alias Alyx Florin)
    But don't forget, the names of some of these ladies have been used by multiple characters over the past 75+ years.

BANNED

Killer Frost, Cheetah, Poison Ivy, Cheshire, Enchantress, Catwoman (Thank you New 52), Fatality. I wish there were more female villains in the DC Universe, there are a lot of them. But not enough.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The Gotham City Sirens first and foremost, along with the Cheetah (both Priscilla and Barbara), Circe, Blackfire, Emerald Empress, Granny Goodness, the Female Furies, Cheshire, Siren, and Alice.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The Gotham City Sirens first and foremost, along with the Cheetah (both Priscilla and Barbara), Circe, Blackfire, Emerald Empress, Granny Goodness, the Female Furies, Cheshire, Siren, and Alice.
    Ooh, Blackfire! I forgot her when considering Titans villainesses like Jinx and Shimmer (and kinda/sorta Magenta, and occasionally Raven...).

But it's still the Emerald Empress, for me.

Other Legion villainesses include Saturn Queen, Esper Lass, Titania, Silver Slasher, Spider-Girl, Jeyra Entin, Flare, Mystelor, Caress, Fume, Akka, Alchemical Girl, etc. for those keeping lists (or looking for ideas/reminders), but, other than Saturn Queen, who has been amazing in the past (and also sucked terribly when Geoff Johns reimagined her as a gleepy wide-eyed Superboy-Prime fangirl), none of them really hold a candle to Sarya.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

It's funny, I try to think of others, based on the heroes they 'mirror,' and come up blank. Superman's got Maxima and Silver Banshee, neither of whom even move my needle. Batman's got Catwoman and Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn (some good choices there!). Wonder Woman's got Dr. Poison, Cheetah and Circe. Aquaman's got ??? Green Lantern's got Star Sapphire, who doesn't even count as a villain anymore (and Catwoman barely does). Flash has, uh, Golden Glider? Eh.

Aquaman has Siryn, Mera's sister and Green Lantern has Bleez and Fatality.

I've always liked:

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Lady Styx is a fun one I'd like to see more of.