Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Those are some well-drawn pictures, but it's again rather silly to suggest that the Marvel villains will end up in the "villain by way of plot convenience" house.
    Technically Slytherin doesn't automatically equal villain, (though admittedly, it is highly doubtful the next Voldemort will come out of Hufflepuff, but still) but... yeah. A couple of them would probably be more suited to Ravenclaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Technically Slytherin doesn't automatically equal villain, (though admittedly, it is highly doubtful the next Voldemort will come out of Hufflepuff, but still) but... yeah. A couple of them would probably be more suited to Ravenclaw.
    True yeah, but thanks to JK's plot construction of the story and a dialogue, Slytherin might as well be.

And lest we forget, part of the character struggles in the controversial Cursed Child is the fact that the protagonist ends up in Slytherin, so there we go. Slytherin is bad because Harry Potter says so. Now I wonder if any of the Marvel heroes might actually be in Slytherin.

Mr. Fantastic - Ravenclaw
    Thing - Gryffindor
    Invisible Woman - Hufflepuff
    Human Torch - Slytherin

Summers (Weasley) Family: Cyclops, Havok, Vulcan, Cable, Rachel - Gryffindor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Tony Stark is definitely a Slytherin guys.
    Honestly, it depends. He aspires to be a Modern Day Knight from Arthurian Legends, but tends to get into some really shady stuff. More often than not for the greater good, but some times... I honestly can see him in Slytherin, and it wouldn't be a stretch. Ravenclaw doesn't fit him because like Doom, science is a tool to him.

As for Doom, upon thinking it, yeah, he probably would end up in Slytherin. If not for his villainy, at least for his supreme, limitless ambition. He'd fit right at home there.
    That's what I'm saying. He's got other traits, but it's the whole "all shall BOW before the GLORY that is DOOM" bit that makes the character. Granted, there's more depth and layers beyond that, but you get the point.

I think Squirrel Girl would be in Hufflepuff. She is really loyal. Or perhaps Nancy would be selected as she's the loyal one and Doreen would ask to be in Hufflepuff. The sorting hat takes into account one's choices.

Am i right in thinking The Thing will be in Hufflepuff too? He is pretty loyal to Fantastic Four. His family.

Peter Parker is a smart guy. But i think his primary characteristic is courage. He is smart but not really hard working. Ravenclaws are known for being smart but i thought they were more about hard work. So, i think he would be selected in Gryffindor.

Captain America seems perfect for Gryffindor. Just as Doctor Doom for Slytherin.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I got Gryffindor.
    How does one get that? I am a bit old to be a Wizard but i would still like to apply for Hogwarts.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 01-27-2018 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    How does one get that? I am a bit old to be a Wizard but i would still like to apply for Hogwarts.
    When you make an account on Pottermore, you'll be asked some questions. Dedpending on the answers you'll sorted into the according Hogwarts house. At least that was the process few years ago, I haven't opened my account in a long while.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 01-27-2018 at 08:30 AM.

BANNED

unworthy Thor will probably get to be expelled and become the games keeper. lol
    Loki will become the prefect of his house.
    Odin: Not one word about Jane Thor.

When you make an account on Pottermore, you'll be asked some questions. Dedpending on the answers you'll sorted into the according Hogwarts house. At that was the process few years ago, I haven't opened my account in a long while.
    Oh man. I got Slytherin.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 01-27-2018 at 08:06 AM.

To this day I'm still not sure how I got sorted into Gryffindor.

My favorite Marvel Heroes sorted:

Jessica Drew/Spider-Woman- Hufflepuff, but I can also see her as a Gryffindor.
    Crystal- Gryffindor
    Carol Danvers- Also Gryffindor
    Natasha Romanoff- Slytherin
    Bobbi Morse- Ravenclaw
    Matt Murdock - Gryffindor
    Jen Walters - Ravenclaw
    Sam Wilson - Hufflepuff
    Clint - Hufflepuff (yeah I know)
    Jessica Jones - Slytherin
    Kate Bishop - Gryffindor
    Last edited by Seren; 01-27-2018 at 08:46 AM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

All the Pottermore account holders on here should do the questions for the Ilvermorny houses and Patronus, if they haven't yet.

Might as well throw a few what I think while I'm here:

Steve Rogers-Hufflepuff
    Tony Stark-Slytherin
    Thor Odinson-Gryffindor

All the Pottermore account holders on here should do the questions for the Ilvermorny houses and Patronus, if they haven't yet.
    I don't even remember my username and password anymore.

I am huge fan of Harry Potter. But outside of the seven books and eight movies, absolutely nothing makes me exciting. I still haven't seen Fantastic Beasts yet, and am in no hurry to do so.

I don't even remember my username and password anymore.

I am huge fan of Harry Potter. But outside of the seven books and eight movies, absolutely nothing makes me exciting. I still haven't seen Fantastic Beasts yet, and am in no hurry to do so.
    I can literally copy and paste your post and be fine. Except for the part about username and password because i opened an account right now. Now that i have opened one, surely i will spend some time there.

The way Harry Potter Franchise can get my attention is by putting up a stellar film. Something really interesting back to back. Something like Star Wars did. I loved each of their new films with TLJ in particular blowing away my mind. (That last statement is pretty controversial. Can't help that).

Looks less likely seeing that they appear to put an effort to make a lot of films which granted don't look shabby. I have heard only good things about Fantastic Beasts. But i am not really interested unless they put out a couple of great films. Something stellar which would leave people raving about it saying its a must watch.

Or get JK Rowling to write novels herself. I did not like The Cursed Child very much. I also don't want a sequel or something. She can write something from 500 years ago. Or maybe about the founding of Hogwarts with main characters the founders. I would be lining up for such books.

Back to the topic in the thread. Is any Marvel hero ambitious? I thought the most important characteristic of a Slytherin is ambition. Some are putting up Tony Stark's name. Is he an ambitious character? In MCU perhaps. If AoU is any indication. But is he like that in comics? Slytherin may be associated with evil which is true in most of the cases. But my reading was cunning and ambition was their primary characteristic.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 01-27-2018 at 10:47 AM.

I for one am elated at the expansion of the franchise through the Pottermore material and Fantastic Beasts. When the books were still new and when Goblet of Fire opened the door to the International Community in that universe, I was wondering the possibilities. I was already accustomed to expanded universes thanks to Star Wars, so I was curious what Harry Potter's would look like. The primary reason I gravitated so much towards all the new material because went beyond what I felt is a major sticking point for me and my opinion towards so many other fans: going beyond the story of Harry Potter. A lot of ideas fans throw out revolve around Harry in one way or another, whether its stories of his ancestors, his parents, his kids, his descendants, etc. Heck just the fact that the franchise is now called JK Rowling's Wizarding World instead of something like the Potterverse already makes me happy. I liked the Fantastic Beasts story and all the Pottermore stuff such as McGonnagal's & Lupin's backstories, history of magic in North America, writeups of the other Wizarding Schools, the fantastic story of Ilvermorny school and its founder, etc.
    --------------------------
    I haven't read too many Iron Man comics, so I'm also wondering if Stark would end up in Slytherin or not.

Spectacular Member

Magik- Slytherin af
    Colossus- Hufflepuff. I thought about Gryffindor but I think his heroic instincts are more due to love than to glory
    And the third Rasputin sibling? Well Mikhail doesn't have much in the way of a personality at all so he could go anywhere. Maybe Gryffindor since he wanted to be an astronaut.

Agreed. Any way to further explore the universe or get more information.