Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    I for one am elated at the expansion of the franchise through the Pottermore material and Fantastic Beasts. When the books were still new and when Goblet of Fire opened the door to the International Community in that universe, I was wondering the possibilities. I was already accustomed to expanded universes thanks to Star Wars, so I was curious what Harry Potter's would look like. The primary reason I gravitated so much towards all the new material because went beyond what I felt is a major sticking point for me and my opinion towards so many other fans: going beyond the story of Harry Potter. A lot of ideas fans throw out revolve around Harry in one way or another, whether its stories of his ancestors, his parents, his kids, his descendants, etc. Heck just the fact that the franchise is now called JK Rowling's Wizarding World instead of something like the Potterverse already makes me happy. I liked the Fantastic Beasts story and all the Pottermore stuff such as McGonnagal's & Lupin's backstories, history of magic in North America, writeups of the other Wizarding Schools, the fantastic story of Ilvermorny school and its founder, etc.
    --------------------------
    I haven't read too many Iron Man comics, so I'm also wondering if Stark would end up in Slytherin or not.
    Then your experience was quite different from me. And yet i can find some similarities between us. I did not have any experience with expanded universe like Star Wars. For me those three and the prequels which tie into the main story is all there was. I did not ask for anything more and actually never expected they would make any more. I was not that huge a Star Wars fan. But i still was thanks to the original trilogy. I thought that ending was really great and i don't 'need' anything anymore. A happy ending is actually a happy ending because they don't show any further stories. We can imagine they lived happily ever after and that's perfectly alright.

Harry Potter's ending was wonderful too. The book's ending may be some of the best endings i have seen or read. And the eighth film was awesome, coming on the back of a couple of films which in my opinion were boring. I started to get bored with Part 6, and Part 5 came close to being boring. 7th did not work for me either. In my opinion they could not catch the magic of the first four films. At least that was what i thought till i really loved the eighth film which ended it in a wonderful manner making me remember Harry Potter film series more fondly. Thus, i don't need anymore Harry Potter. Cursed Child was just okay. It did not feel like Harry Potter to me. But then it was in another format and not written by JK Rowling.

Such an opinion is now changing. Had anyone asked me this two months ago i would have said no. I am simply not interested in Harry Potter and the Wizarding World. But after watching The Last Jedi my mind is beginning to change. A change from a strict no-no to i am welcome to it if they do something really good. I did not need more Star Wars. Six films were more then enough. But what they are doing with the new films showed that this is something worth my time. They would continue to be good and once in a while come out with a genuinely great product. The reason why i loved them in the first place. You had a different experience because you already were reading Star Wars EU. But i did not. In a sense i am discovering EU with the new films. Thanks for posting.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 01-27-2018 at 08:30 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Back to the topic in the thread. Is any Marvel hero ambitious? I thought the most important characteristic of a Slytherin is ambition. Some are putting up Tony Stark's name. Is he an ambitious character? In MCU perhaps. If AoU is any indication. But is he like that in comics? Slytherin may be associated with evil which is true in most of the cases. But my reading was cunning and ambition was their primary characteristic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    I haven't read too many Iron Man comics, so I'm also wondering if Stark would end up in Slytherin or not.
    Stark's probably the most ambitious "super-hero". I mean, we're talking about the guy whose ultimate goal is to control ALL the tech, have the BEST tech, always, and essentially keep everyone from reaching the #1 spot. It's canon from Fraction's 5 Nightmares. Hell, he's the only person to build a Dyson Sphere, so... If it weren't for the fact that he fancies himself a modern-day Arthurian Knight, which could put himin Gryffindor, he'd be 100% a Slytherin. He's not evil, just sometimes a bit too goal-oriented.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno_Knight View Post
    Stark's probably the most ambitious "super-hero". I mean, we're talking about the guy whose ultimate goal is to control ALL the tech, have the BEST tech, always, and essentially keep everyone from reaching the #1 spot. It's canon from Fraction's 5 Nightmares. Hell, he's the only person to build a Dyson Sphere, so... If it weren't for the fact that he fancies himself a modern-day Arthurian Knight, which could put himin Gryffindor, he'd be 100% a Slytherin. He's not evil, just sometimes a bit too goal-oriented.
    In that case Tony Stark would be in Slytherin. Its a misconception, something like stereotyping in the wizarding world, to say Slytherins are evil. That's untrue. A surface level understanding. Even though its close to truth when most evil wizards in history come from Slytherin house. Their primary characteristic is ambition. Just as courage for Gryffindor, hard work/intelligence for Ravenclaw and Loyalty for Hufflepuff.

But a wizard is lot more then one quality. Its the predominating quality and characteristics which is observed by the sorting hat as it puts them in their respective houses. For instance Harry Potter was a difficult selection for the Sorting Hat. Harry Potter was very courageous, a trait mostly seen in Gryffindors. As well as ambition of making a name for himself just as Slytherin. The hat took a lot of time to decide before thinking to put him in Slytherin. (I guess in part due to the fragment of Voldemort within him). But Harry chose to be Gryffindor. The Hat takes choices into consideration. In Chamber of Secrets the hat admitted that he/it would have placed him in Slytherin had Harry not been vehemently against it. But he ended up being a true Gryffindor as Dumbledore confirmed to him that a true Gryffindor could pull out Gryffindor's sword from the Sorting Hat as he did when fighting the Basilisk and his choice was important.

So, i would say its not being evil which determines being in Slytherin but rather ambition. Ambition mixed with taking pride in being pure bloods and bad examples put most Slytherins in the path to become Dark Wizards or sympathizers to them. Yet i can cite a few good wizards: Professor Slughorn and Severus Snape and later the son of Harry Potter in Cursed Child who were Slytherin.

Tony is most likely going to be in Slytherin. Regardless of what he fancies himself.

What i am confused is about The Thing. I love that Ever Lovin' blue eyed the Thing, even though i haven't read a lot of Fantastic Four. He is someone who appears to be very courageous. He would jump into fights fearlessly sometimes without thinking. And he is really loyal to his family the Fantastic Four. Where will he be? Can you or anyone else clear it up? I think he would be in Hufflepuff but Gryffindor appears to be a strong case.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 01-28-2018 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno_Knight View Post
    A tendency to break the rules, but always having good intentions. Sounds a lot like a certain boy with a lightning scar. And that boy probably would've been placed in Slytherin too if he didn't ask not to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    In that case Tony Stark would be in Slytherin. Its a misconception, something like stereotyping in the wizarding world, to say Slytherins are evil. That's untrue. A surface level understanding. Even though its close to truth when most evil wizards in history come from Slytherin house. Their primary characteristic is ambition. Just as courage for Gryffindor, hard work/intelligence for Ravenclaw and Loyalty for Hufflepuff.

But a wizard is lot more then one quality. Its the predominating quality and characteristics which is observed by the sorting hat as it puts them in their respective houses. For instance Harry Potter was a difficult selection for the Sorting Hat. Harry Potter was very courageous, a trait mostly seen in Gryffindors. As well as ambition of making a name for himself just as Slytherin. The hat took a lot of time to decide before thinking to put him in Slytherin. (I guess in part due to the fragment of Voldemort within him). But Harry chose to be Gryffindor. The Hat takes choices into consideration. In Chamber of Secrets the hat admitted that he/it would have placed him in Slytherin had Harry not been vehemently against it. But he ended up being a true Gryffindor as Dumbledore confirmed to him that a true Gryffindor could pull out Gryffindor's sword from the Sorting Hat as he did when fighting the Basilisk and his choice was important.

So, i would say its not being evil which determines being in Slytherin but rather ambition. Ambition mixed with taking pride in being pure bloods and bad examples put most Slytherins in the path to become Dark Wizards or sympathizers to them. Yet i can cite a few good wizards: Professor Slughorn and Severus Snape and later the son of Harry Potter in Cursed Child who were Slytherin.

Tony is most likely going to be in Slytherin. Regardless of what he fancies himself.

What i am confused is about The Thing. I love that Ever Lovin' blue eyed the Thing, even though i haven't read a lot of Fantastic Four. He is someone who appears to be very courageous. He would jump into fights fearlessly sometimes without thinking. And he is really loyal to his family the Fantastic Four. Where will he be? Can you or anyone else clear it up? I think he would be in Hufflepuff but Gryffindor appears to be a strong case.
    I'd put Ben in Hufflepuff. While he is one of the bravest people in the MU, I think Hufflepuff suits him a bit more and would help with his one weakness which is patience. Sometimes the sorting hat put you in the house that would benefit you the most.

I'd say Invisible Woman would be in either Hufflepuff or Slytherin. Slytherin because it would be the house that would benefit her the most.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Pottermore says I'm a Slytherin, probably because I choose to make a surprise attack on the bridge...

I will only do my favorites:

Cyclops : Gryffindor, when he was older maybe Slytherin, but when young Gryffindor for sure.

Emma Frost: Slytherin.

Frank Castle: Gryffindor.

Thor Odinson: Gryffindor.

Black Bolt: Slytherin or Gryffindor.

Astonishing Member

Bumping up this thread because it's fun.

A general consensus is that:
    Gryffindors will die for you, can be chivalrous/daring, and have a "hero" mindset.
    Hufflepuffs will die with you and and value loyalty/devotion in relationships.
    Slytherins would kill for you and are willing to play by their own rules.
    Ravenclaws will think of a way to save you all, seek knowledge, and are often known for wit.

Going by that, I'm fairly confident in the following...

Gryffindors
    Captain America
    Thor
    Black Panther
    Ms. Marvel
    Daredevil

Slytherins
    Iron Man
    The Punisher
    Nick Fury
    Norman Osborn/Green Goblin

Ravenclaws
    Mister Fantastic
    Spider-Man (Peter)
    Doctor Strange
    Beast
    Doctor Octopus

Hufflepuffs
    Invisible Woman
    Thing
    Jean Grey
    Spider-Man (Miles)

I might update it as I think of more.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 12-01-2020 at 09:36 PM.