Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default How long do you think Steve will be classic Captain America once he's back ?

We all know Steve will be back as classic Cap, which I'm very happy about, but how long do you think it will stay that way? With Evana' contract over after the 2019 Avengers sequel I hope this doesn't mean the end of Steve as Cap in the comic as well. I know Coates is a huge Cap fan and considers Brubakers entire run essential reading so when he takes over I hope he does Steve well. He was on Team Cap when Civil War came out.

Why do we know that again?

About Coates? We don't. It was just a rumour on Bleeding Cool. All we know is that Waid and Samnee are on the book for now. We don't know if that's short term or for the foreseeable future yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Winghead View Post
    We all know Steve will be back as classic Cap, which I'm very happy about, but how long do you think it will stay that way? With Evana' contract over after the 2019 Avengers sequel I hope this doesn't mean the end of Steve as Cap in the comic as well. I know Coates is a huge Cap fan and considers Brubakers entire run essential reading so when he takes over I hope he does Steve well. He was on Team Cap when Civil War came out.
    Why would Chris Evans not playing Captain America possibly mean that Cap wouldn't exist in the comics? This is not something to even worry about.

It is worth wondering, though, how long it will be before Marvel tosses some new wrinkle onto Cap (although I think it's safe to say he won't turn evil again in most of our lifetimes) but I don't think they'll be retiring him ever.

Spectacular Member

I know Coates was a BC rumour but Rich seemed quite positive that most of the creative teams beginning in October etc. Will be doing short runs that will change after 6 issues or so. That said, Waid's interview makes his plans seem quite long term, and not something he could do in 6 issues so who knows if the plans have changed. Waid usually works on long runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    About Coates? We don't. It was just a rumour on Bleeding Cool. All we know is that Waid and Samnee are on the book for now. We don't know if that's short term or for the foreseeable future yet.
    About him coming back as classic Cap, why do we all know that?

After old Steve and Evil Steve, I'm also of the opinion Marvel's going to be letting him stay in the role for a while.

Spectacular Member

That info is everywhere. There is even a Waid interview about it.

BANNED

I don't think Steve is going to be Cap for long. I suspect that for a long time Marvel is going to keep their new set of main Avengers (Falcon-Cap, Iron Heart, Cho-Hulk and Jane-Thor).

Spectacular Member

Falcon has a new ongoing starting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    About him coming back as classic Cap, why do we all know that?
    Previews, intervies and statements from creators.

BANNED

Well, maybe they will keep Steve as Cap for a while. Unless this one turns out to be a fraud too.

Yeah, and I think Jane's off the team after World Collide... because over in her solo, she'll be in an arc called The Death of the Mighty Thor. In other words, they're apparently killing her off, barring some plot twist.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, and I think Jane's off the team after World Collide... because over in her solo, she'll be in an arc called The Death of the Mighty Thor. In other words, they're apparently killing her off, barring some plot twist.
    Granted, it's the 'Death of the Mighty Thor,' which is Jane's new persona, which literally wasn't even alive a couple years ago. So they haven't put *Jane Foster* in a box yet, even if she's no longer going to be 'the Mighty Thor.' They might kill her. They might have her 'death' as 'Thor' somehow fulfill the necessary requirements to escape her 'death' as Jane Foster, and leave her able to live a normal life again. She might die and become a Valkyrie, and continue on, with a somewhat different power-set. There's quite a few possibilities here.

As for Steve Rogers, after the current business, he may not *want* to be Captain America, or even regard the mantle as too dangerous, somehow, if people would blindly follow that mantle into fascism, and come up with a new role for himself, for awhile (until something leads him to want to reclaim the mantle and make it shiny and true again). Heads could explode if he took on a mantle like 'Captain Freedom' or something, as tools use it to proclaim that Marvel has some left-wing agenda and is ashamed of America or something equally moronic.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Steve will be back for good, I would think.