View Poll Results: RHATO or Nightwing, Which Title Do You Currently Like Better?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Red Hood and the Outlaws

51 50.00%
  • Nightwing

51 50.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Nightwing by default. I haven't read Red Hood since the strange book of the New 52 era and I have enjoyed Nighwing since New 52. It has been, to me, the most consistently entertaining Bat book and Dick Grayson is a great character.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Easily RHatO, but I enjoyed the Raptor and Nightwing Must Die arcs.

I'd like to see a "no morals" Jason vs Raptor, tho.

BANNED

RHATO has superior character work but Nightwing has chosen world building to be its focus, I think Nightwing is more ambitious and has succeeded mostly in spite of the scope of its ambtions(Mr Nice was a misfire though). I mean its trying to juggle the Dixon era with the Morrison era with Grayson era and bits and pieces of others thrown in there for good measure.

Outlaws is the better book. It is more consistent while Nightwing sort of goes up and down depending on if it is a Bludhaven or a globetrotting arc.

Red Hood & the Outlawz! It's not even close, granted, I don't read Nightwing. The only book I'd place above RHTO, is Deathstroke!
    #MagnetoWasRight

Nightwing by a wide margin.
    Last edited by Batmaniac; 08-14-2017 at 01:33 AM.
    Nothing ends, Adrian. Nothing ever ends.

BANNED

RATHO by the wide margin.

I like Nigthwing`s aesthetic, some of Bludhaven and the initial arc but it`s been going up and down. RATHO has yet to go down. The weakest issue in terms of plot was the start of the Artemis arc and that was countered by the amazing phsycological work on Jason facing himself as Robin dying on his own ground zero.

Don't read RHatO, but I'm strongly considering dropping Nightwing...

I see both but I prefer Red Hood and the Outlaws, because this team is new and they work as an excellent team.

Both are good, but RHATO is the one I wait to get my hands on each month while I'm never in a rush for Nightwing.

I'm surprised by the amount of people voting for RHATO.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I LOATHE the Nu52 Red Hood and the Outlaws (Along with pretty much everything else I've read from Lobdell), but, maybe because of a better editor, he REALLY stepped up his game with Rebirth and actually became good.

Why?
    Dick Grayson / Nightwing may be a popular character, but his comic book doesn't always do as well.
    And even among Scott Lobdell complainers, RH&tO seems to be one of those "guilty pleasures" where his writing seems to work better than in most other books.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Why?
    Dick Grayson / Nightwing may be a popular character, but his comic book doesn't always do as well.
    And even among Scott Lobdell complainers, RH&tO seems to be one of those "guilty pleasures" where his writing seems to work better than in most other books.
    I personally can't stand Red Hood and his books haven't been very good since the reboot. I'm not very big on anti-heroes and don't like the idea of heroes killing, plus I don't generally see anyone at my LCS reading or caring about the character.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

I personally can't stand Red Hood and his books haven't been very good since the reboot. I'm not very big on anti-heroes and don't like the idea of heroes killing, plus I don't generally see anyone at my LCS reading or caring about the character.
    I had no time for Red Hood before Rebirth, and I was still most definitely in the camp that Jay should have stayed dead, and that was mostly down to the fact that he hadn't gotten a single good appearance since his initial return story. (And even that wasn't great) This current run has finally gotten me to like the guy though, and, along with just better writing, it comes down to how good his relationships with Artemis and Bizarro are. He's still not one of my favorites (3rd favorite Robin now though) and I'd still never call him a hero (He kills only when it's pragmatic now), but I would consider him a good character.

EDIT: If you're wondering why I gave the Rebirth book a chance at all, it was simply because of Professor Thorgi's recommendation.