Default Batman: Creature of the Night by Kurt Busiek and John Paul Leon announced

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/08...e-of-the-night

That’s not the case in this fall’s new Batman miniseries, BATMAN: CREATURE OF THE NIGHT, in which a young Batman fan faces a childhood that suddenly becomes unbearably similar to his hero’s. Written by Kurt Busiek (ASTRO CITY), drawn by John Paul Leon (MOTHER PANIC) and set outside of regular continuity, Creature of the Night is a four-issue, prestige format limited series set in Boston in 1968. Bruce Wainwright is a comic book-reading kid whose obsession with the Caped Crusader leads him to some very dark places which he must ultimately confront when his parents are murdered after walking in on a robbery. It’s a story about loss and confronting your inner demons in the face of that loss that takes a turn towards the unusual when a familiar-looking crimefighter begins to appear on the city streets.
    Leon's artwork is very on-point. Definitely looking forward to this.

I remember reading years ago about Busiek developing this as the Batman equivalent to Superman: Secret Identity, but I thought they'd completely dropped it.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Superman: Secret Identity is one of my all-time favourite comic books and is up there with All Star Superman as the best Superman story ever (despite not technically having Superman in it) so I'm beyond thrilled that this is FINALLY dropping!

That said, something this special is something I'm going to wait for the trade/ HC for - especially with the $6 price point.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/08...e-of-the-night

Leon's artwork is very on-point. Definitely looking forward to this.
    Now this is an interesting idea. I'm very curious to know how it will work without Batman's superpower of infinite money. But I adore Superman: Secret Identity, so it's pretty exciting!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Yes. Definitely a trade purchase for me.

Newsarama has an interview with busiek from 2010 when this idea first percolated

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

John

Paul

Leon

Is book sold, game over. 48 pages is very easily worth the price.

Astonishing Member

Fascinating concept.

The idea is interesting and i'm actually curious on how Busiek would tackle WW.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I've been waiting for this book for years, I'm so glad it's actually coming out!