View Poll Results: What Grade Would You Give Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows Right Now?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

25 43.86%
  • B

22 38.60%
  • C

3 5.26%
  • D

3 5.26%
  • F

4 7.02%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default What Grade Would You Give Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows Right Now?

Another fantastic book, IMO. I love the family dynamic and the story. And it doesn't hurt that the art is pretty sweet!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

I gave it an A. It's the only Spider-Man book I like currently. And it's good; both story and art.

Lightbulb

A - top notch, engaging stuff. A great series with fascinating, realistically depicted characters and just the right amount of comedy thrown in to lighten the load when needed.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

This really is a wonderful book and a must-read for Spider-Man fans. These are rich personal stories, as good Spider-Man yarns should be. The characters are well-drawn, and the book makes full use of its freedom to explore the setting. These are the most pitch-perfect interpretations of both Peter and Mary Jane Parker that I have read in a very long time.

(For those reading, I did find it puzzling that Mary Jane would wear a suit that looks like Venom, but I've settled upon a perfectly good explanation. I'm satisfied.)

Mighty Member

I gave it a B.

I love the series!
    I am very glad that there is an ongoing series of a married Peter and Mary Jane with a kid!
    Mary Jane as a super-heroine is very cool. I feel that it does fit her character as somebody who wants to always be there for Peter and help him as well as share everything in the marriage. She always took her marriage vows seriously.
    Unlike the main universe books, this series has Peter and Mary Jane in character. Their child, Annie is cute and adorable.
    The art is great. The stories are good, but they are little bit rushed like the Venom MJ arc would be better if it was 3 issues. Mary Jane/Spinneret comes off overpowered at times, but I do like seeing her kick butt. There needs to be more focus on Peter/Spider-Man as the main character.
    Last edited by Starrius; 08-13-2017 at 03:43 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Spectacular Member AmazingFantasy's Avatar

Definitely an A for me. It has the whole package: Good story, characters and art. Sure it has its flaws but it's still the best Spider title out there IMO. Love the book!

It's definitley an A for me. It's probably my favorite of the Spider-Books I'm reading. The characterization is just awesome.

I gave it an A. Probably the most enjoyable book that I read. Even though he is a fictional character, seeing Spider-man in this series was like getting an old friend back. I still really like ASM but this book really has the tone that a Spider-man book should in my opinion.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    I gave it an A. Probably the most enjoyable book that I read. Even though he is a fictional character, seeing Spider-man in this series was like getting an old friend back. I still really like ASM but this book really has the tone that a Spider-man book should in my opinion.
    That was my feeling as well, as soon as I started reading. It felt familiar. Reading Peter and MJ in this book was like meeting friends I hadn't seen in a long time.

Fantastic Member

A for sure

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

The only people that gave it anything lower than a B won't comment as to why.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.
    Last edited by Starrius; 08-13-2017 at 08:01 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I must agree. I honestly don't think any of the Spidey related books deserve a D or F right now.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fluctuates from C to B. Mostly in C.

BANNED

I gave it a B but really it is more of a b- for me. I cant give it an A when I feel there has been quite a few problems like easy solutions to storylines, like MJ being able to just knock out freaking magneto with a punch.
    Its a good series but not an A in my book.