Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's probably likely that Marvel will try and net Carol an A-list (comic-wise) creative team to bump up interest before they stop publishing the book.
    Even if that happens it probably won't happen until sometime next year since Margaret sthol is remaining as the writer of the series with captain marvel 125 for marvel legacy onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    No I'd rather have her series continue to struggle then see her character being put in the exact position where the fantastic four are right now which is basically comic book limbo where they have no book and don't appear in any of the comics safe for Ben Grimm, johnny storm, and victor von doom of course but I think you get my point.
    I thought that you refused to believe in this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    I think so too, but I don't think that the protection is indefinite.
    Probably as long as the MCU turns profit.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I thought that you refused to believe in this stuff.

Probably as long as the MCU turns profit.
    I only refused to believe that the film rights to the fantastic four were the primary and only reason why the fantastic four didn't have a series anymore and why they didn't appear in any the comics anymore.

And I did mention and acknowledge in the past threads about how at least marvel were still doing something with fantastic four characters like Ben Grimm and johnny storm and victor von doom in different series and those series they were and are still currently in are really good, but the fact remains that major fantastic four characters like reed richards and susan storm and their children frankiln and valeria are still absent in the comics following the ending of 2015's secret wars.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 08-14-2017 at 08:41 PM.

I only refused to believe that the film rights to the fantastic four were the primary and only reason why the fantastic four didn't have a series anymore and why they didn't appear in any the comics anymore.

And I did mention and acknowledge in the past threads about how at least marvel were still doing something with fantastic four characters like Ben Grimm and johnny storm and victor von doom in different series and those series they were and are still currently in are really good, but the fact remains that major fantastic four characters likebreed richards and susan storm and their children frankiln and valeria are still absent in the comics following the ending of 2015's secret wars.
    ''I only refused to believe that the film rights to the fantastic four were the primary and only reason why the fantastic four didn't have a series anymore and why they didn't appear in any the comics anymore.''

One page before :

''I am of the belief that certain series are protected by marvel from being cancelled and you can guess why that is. ''

So, the movies are the reason why Captain Marvel is still going, but you refuse to use the same logic towards the F4 ? How irrational.

The most disgusting thing is the fact that the F4 are cancelled when you have Captain Marvel who's still around even after humongous past failures.
    Last edited by Magneto; 08-14-2017 at 08:36 PM.

Seeing Deadpool Kills Again at 42K makes me sigh.

That comic despises itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Mighty Captain Marvel (down 24.91% in one month!)
    Poor Carol really needs her movie to come out.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Put me in the camp that thinks they should shelve Carol's character for a while. They've done nothing but push her character for years and I think it has done more damage than anything. I used to like the old Carol who had more of a personality it felt like, her faults and problems made her feel like a more well rounded Marvel character, and I gave the new one a chance when they rebooted her, but it just feels like the character gets less and less interesting with every relaunch and they don't know what to do with her. Then CWII just compounded that with how they have handled her since then.

So I think a break would do the character some good and relaunch her book before the movie is released. It isn't like they are going to cancel her movie or anything, and when the movie comes out they are probably just going to scrap Carol's current comic version in favor of whatever the movie does with her since the current comic version hasn't caught on a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Put me in the camp that thinks they should shelve Carol's character for a while. They've done nothing but push her character for years and I think it has done more damage than anything. I used to like the old Carol who had more of a personality it felt like, her faults and problems made her feel like a more well rounded Marvel character, and I gave the new one a chance when they rebooted her, but it just feels like the character gets less and less interesting with every relaunch and they don't know what to do with her. Then CWII just compounded that with how they have handled her since then.

So I think a break would do the character some good and relaunch her book before the movie is released. It isn't like they are going to cancel her movie or anything, and when the movie comes out they are probably just going to scrap Carol's current comic version in favor of whatever the movie does with her since the current comic version hasn't caught on a ton.
    No no no i don't know if you're referring to the 80s- the late 90's era to the early 2000's era for Carol because honestly that was the worst period of her history from the rape in avengers 200 to rogue putting her in a coma nearly killing her then the binary years and the alcoholism era was just the worst, to be honest I don't how people can possibly see those eras of Carol's history as anything but sexist that's all it was sexist.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 08-14-2017 at 11:59 PM.

Carol's movie won't help her comics sales. Let's be real on that. Look at Guardians. They are doing so bad.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Once again, does Carol have any villains unique to herself?
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think they should kill or cancel Carol's book but I'm wondering if even the success of the movie will actually boost her sales at this point.
    did the success of the Wonder Woman film boost her ongoing title? i do wonder if the Captain Marvel film will give Carol a much needed boost.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Carol's movie won't help her comics sales. Let's be real on that. Look at Guardians. They are doing so bad.
    Movies can generate interest, but it's then up to the comic to maintain that interest.

GOTG books have debuted to high numbers since the movie was announced, but they lose sales quickly.

GOTG #1 (2008) - 36,282

GOTG #1 (2013) - 221,200
    GOTG #1 (2015) - 118,342

The book is currently holding in the 30k range, so it's doing fine for now.

Sales could be much higher though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    did the success of the Wonder Woman film boost her ongoing title? i do wonder if the Captain Marvel film will give Carol a much needed boost.
    Some Wonder Woman trades started selling the month the movie came out, but the sales for her monthly stayed around the same range, increasing by about 2000 copies at the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Once again, does Carol have any villains unique to herself?
    Sadly not that's one of the valid criticisms of marvel's handling of Carol is her lack of villains only Doctor minvera comes to mind she faced off briefly with Minerva in het captain marvel civil war ii tie in arc but it was very early on in the arc she disappeared after that though.

And I don't count moonstone since she hasn't been in anyway involved in Carol's comics since brain reed's ms.marvel run and that was way back during the dark reign arc.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Sadly not that's one of the valid criticisms of marvel's handling of Carol is her lack of villains only Doctor minvera comes to mind she faced off briefly with Minerva in het captain marvel civil war ii tie in arc but it was very early on in the arc she disappeared after that though.

And I don't count moonstone since she hasn't been in anyway involved in Carol's comics since brain reed's ms.marvel run and that was way back during the dark reign arc.
    I think a cool idea for her would be to have her become some kind of intergalactic liberator. The GOTG, Starjammers, Novacorps, and Silver Surfer can't be everywhere, and there's bound to be places that they missed. Maybe she could go from place to place, liberating worlds and mediating disputes between warring factions. With her military training, she could help train various rebellions, maybe establishing a loose network of freedom fighters across several galaxies. Have her fight mad alien tyrants, infestations (we know that there are whole systems blocked off due to Brood and symbiote contaminations), space pirates, religious fanatics, Lovecraftian demigods (maybe shards of the Cancerverse leaking into 616), nomadic ravaging hordes, and other threats that are largely ignored by everyone else. Done right, and I think it could work.

And what happened to Chewie?
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."