Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Iceman deserved better!

i'd like to see blue take a dip. i'm not an O5 guy and want the adult versions of jean and scott back. this little teen version just doesn't do it for me

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    i'd like to see blue take a dip. i'm not an O5 guy and want the adult versions of jean and scott back. this little teen version just doesn't do it for me
    Same here they should get rid of every alternate universe time line future character except bishop, cable, X-Man, Rachel, and stryfe think, there's too much time universe travle its convoluted and needs to stop
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 08-14-2017 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    If Iceman, Jean Grey and Gen X last till the end of the year it would be a miracle.
    It is still possible to turn the game and sometimes marvel continues to publish titles that are not selling as well as they would like to have interest in divulging certain characters as is the case of teen Jean the marvel really seems to want to make the character be a success.

But Bobby and GX need to be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldoeaf View Post
    Apart from Spider-Man books, Star Wars and the mandatory yearly event (SE), the X-books are selling more than all of Marvel's precious MCU properties, and that is a good thing!
    It seems synergy does not always work.
    On the other hand I think DC deserves some recognition has some interesting things going on over there.

Cool that Astonishing #1 outsold Gold and Blue #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Cool that it outsold everything except one Batman book.

Outsold the number 1s too.

I cant say I'm surprised at Iceman's sales figures. He strikes me as the type of character with a fairly large cult fan base on line but not as many fans outside the internet echo chamber. He seems to me to be like like Polaris( my second favorite character), Dazzler, or Rachel Grey. They all have fanatically loyal fans on this forum but likely couldn't carry a comic. Still a shame as it's a pretty good comic. Is it doing well enough digitally to continue being published?

I'm surprised Gen X is doing as well as it is, though still not clearly very good . I thought it would be at Iceman's sale levels given the bulk of its cast. Another quality book in danger. Does any one know it's digital sales?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

yes! this is well deserved! it was an excellent issue.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Jean Grey's current numbers are fine (also heard she's doing well digitally), Gen X is on the border, and Iceman is the one in real danger. :/
    Jean Grey is doing better than Ms Marvel in paper, and does well digitally. She's fine.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    It is still possible to turn the game and sometimes marvel continues to publish titles that are not selling as well as they would like to have interest in divulging certain characters as is the case of teen Jean the marvel really seems to want to make the character be a success.

But Bobby and GX need to be careful.
    You are right Marvel has some characters that they want to push and don't care about the sales like Captain Marvel because the MCU, but the X-men are not part of that list so I don't see Jean Grey getting that privilege.

Bobby and GX don't need to be careful, they need to accept that they are the first in the cancellation line. It's sad but a book with sales of just 22k by issue 4 is a doomed book and it's even worse for Iceman.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    You are right Marvel has some characters that they want to push and don't care about the sales like Captain Marvel because the MCU, but the X-men are not part of that list so I don't see Jean Grey getting that privilege.

Bobby and GX don't need to be careful, they need to accept that they are the first in the cancellation line. It's sad but a book with sales of just 22k by issue 4 is a doomed book and it's even worse for Iceman.
    America will go before Iceman or Gen X do.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Jean Grey is doing better than Ms Marvel in paper, and does well digitally. She's fine.
    We will see but

114 117 Jean Grey 3 $3.99 Marvel 23,140
    84 82 Jean Grey 4 $3.99 Marvel 26,638

(I think that trade variant increased her sales)

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    That's not good for Blue or Gold. Their losing about 6-7 thousand in one month.
    I think the double shipping is what's hurting them. They are sell essentially 5 X-men titles. That is going to hurt sales.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    I think the double shipping is what's hurting them. They are sell essentially 5 X-men titles. That is going to hurt sales.
    Its not just double shipping, there pricy and there noting really new. Gold is basically a rehash of astonshing, and the 05 have overstayed there welcome, and jimmy's inclusions feels gimmick, and thr editor's arent doing the best job with constancy and the rosters aren't very overtly safe