Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Spider-Man November Solicitations 2017

Putting up the thread because two solicits dropped early as part of a preview

SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #23 & #24
    ROBBIE THOMPSON (W) • CHRIS BACHALO (A/C)
    SPIDER-MAN VERSUS DEADPOOL Parts 1 & 2
    When Spider-Man learns that Deadpool issselling SHIELD tech on the black market it’s the last straw. Bromance? OVER. It’s time to hunt Deadpool! The two biggest characters in comics are facing off and it’s going to take them all over the Marvel Universe, no holds barred. As you can see from this cover, Deadpool’s even willing to use his laser-sharks. And it will all lead to the biggest Spider-Man/Deadpool story of ALL TIME!
    BEN REILLY: SCARLET SPIDER #10
    PETER DAVID (W) • WILL SLINEY (A)
    Cover by Khary Randolph
    THE SLINGERS RETURN Part 1
    Ben Reilly, A.K.A. The Scarlet Spider, is a perfect clone of The Amazing Spider-Man…but with none of the responsibility! And now, someone’s encroaching on his turf in Vegas – the new Hornet! But who is he working for, and what will his former Slingers teammates – Dusk, Prodigy, and Ricochet – have to say about it?!

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/08/...adpool-gotg/#2

Spectacular#297 solicit

Peter Parker is back in the friendly neighborhood, but he’s persona non grata as far as the NYPD is concerned! It’s the ol’ switcheroo as we here at the House of Ideas ask that classic question – PETER PARKER: THREAT OR MENACE?!
    http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/spidey-...-legacy-reveal

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #13
    JODY HOUSER (W) • NICK ROCHE (A)
    Cover by RYAN STEGMAN
    EIGHT YEARS LATER Part 1
    Jump eight years into the future with the web-slinging and wall-crawling Spider-Man family! Peter Parker and Mary Jane’s super-powered daughter, Annie, is now in high school. But when this teen isn’t in class, she’s swinging through the streets with her parents. After all, keeping New York safe from super villains is a family affair! But what new threat has emerged to menace the wall-crawlers?
    https://www.newsarama.com/36007-amaz...el-legacy.html

SILVER SABLE AND THE WILD PACK #36
    CHRISTA FAUST (W) • PAULO SIQUEIRA (A)
    Cover by MAHMUD ASRAR
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    TRADING CARD VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    SILVER AND BOLD Part 1 (OF 1)
    After faking her own death, SILVER SABLE is back in the mercenary game, and this time she REALLY might not survive! In the wake of Norman Osborn’s control of the Symkarian government, one of Sable’s operations goes south, and she finds herself and a small group of hostages trapped in the clutches of a dangerous group of terrorists! With no equipment and no back up Sable has to make sure that she and the innocents trapped with her find their way out alive. Piece of cake.
    32 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Rated T+ …$3.99
    VENOM #157 & 158
    MICHAEL COSTA (W) • MARK BAGLEY (A/C)
    LETHAL PROTECTOR Parts 3 & 4
    Issue #157 - • After saving the dinosaur people beneath the streets of New York from Kraven, VENOM has become the master hunter’s new prey!
    • Vengeful, relentless and unable to be killed, Kraven finds himself a heartbeat away from adding a new trophy to his collection – THE HEAD OF EDDIE BROCK!
    Issue #158 - • It’s all or nothing as Venom and Kraven square off for their final battle!
    • But how can Venom protect himself and the innocents living under New York’s streets from a hunter who can’t die?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #791
    DAN SLOTT (W) • STUART IMMONEN (A)
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    THE FALL OF PARKER Part 3
    • SPIDER-MAN & MOCKINGBIRD, flying in the air, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!
    • The romance is blooming, but the Fall of Parker is at hand!
    • Can down on his luck Peter Parker escape this latest conflict with his new relationship in one piece?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    SPIDER-GWEN #26
    JASON LATOUR (W) • ROBBI RODRIGUEZ (A/C)
    GWENOM Part 2
    • S.H.I.E.L.D. is coming for Gwen and the Venom symbiote, and giving into its power may be Gwen’s only way out!
    • Is saving her skin worth losing herself?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    PETER PARKER: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #6
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W)
    MICHAEL WALSH (A)
    Cover by PAULO SIQUEIRA
    • J. Jonah Jameson’s got the scoop of the century — a once-in-a-lifetime interview with the menace of Manhattan…SPIDER-MAN!
    • PETER PARKER: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN, MY DINNER WITH JAMESON is one tale you won’t want to miss!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    SPIDER-MEN II #5 (OF 5)
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W)
    SARA PICHELLI (A/C)
    Connecting Variant by JESUS SAIZ
    • The pulse-racing final issue!
    • Peter and Miles are faced with their toughest challenge yet, and it’s one that challenges far more than their super hero skills.
    • If you thought the end of the first SPIDER-MEN series was huge, brace yourself.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 08-22-2017 at 10:11 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I'm anticipating Pav's joy at learning the Slingers are coming back. Thanksgiving gift? Early Christmas present?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

So it's not Deadpool working with Hydra or the whole Secret Empire business that breaks up their friendship but Deadpool doing something else entirely? Okay .

"perfect clone of The Amazing Spider-Man…but with none of the responsibility!" What a change from the 90's...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "perfect clone of The Amazing Spider-Man…but with none of the responsibility!" What a change from the 90's...
    It's similar to how they marketed Kaine. "All of the power, none of the responsibility!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It's similar to how they marketed Kaine. "All of the power, none of the responsibility!"
    I guess that should be the Scarlet Spider tagline now .

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

It seems Kaine is leaving the book after the current storyline, and with him so will I. I've never been a fan of Ben (and this Deadpool-esque interpretation has been even less to my liking), but I've really loved Kaine since Spider-Island (probably in my top 5 favourite comic characters after Peter and Miguel; tied with Flash Thompson). Personally, I think it's a shame we had to get a Ben book in lieu of either Miguel or Kaine, but I do recognize Ben Reilly fans out there have had a dearth of material for a long while. For them, at least, I hope this book does improve in quality for however long it lasts.

Astonishing Member

The Spider-Man/Deadpool story seems quite funny.
    And i will be getting the Spider-Man/Deadpool because besides looking to be quite funny it will be illustrated by Bachalo.
    A artist that had already illustrated great Spider-Man stories before,as the Hammerhead story from BND or Shed from the Gauntlet.
    Scarlet Spider looks quite interesting as well,i am not a big fan of Ben Reilly but with the return of the Slingers i have to say i will be getting this story arc as well.

Spectacular Member

There was also this preview of a upcoming issue of Scarlet Spider that showed the Slingers:

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/06/...In-one-Place/7

wasn't this the tag line for the spider-man spinoff character, Alpha?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So it's not Deadpool working with Hydra or the whole Secret Empire business that breaks up their friendship but Deadpool doing something else entirely? Okay .
    Deadpool's behavior is a fallout from his actions in SE.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    wasn't this the tag line for the spider-man spinoff character, Alpha?
    Did they use it with Alpha too? I honestly don't remember.

They definitely used it with Kaine.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Deadpool's behavior is a fallout from his actions in SE.
    Still not the straw that breaks the camel's back .

let us never speak of Alpha again.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    let us never speak of Alpha again.
    ay-ay-ayyy.jpg

10char

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I think it's interesting how Scarlet Spider and the Slingers are meeting, as I often see them as part of two very distinct eras; both are from the 90s, yet I always associate the Slingers with the post-1996 environment where the Spider-Man writers were desperately trying to put the Clone Saga behind them, largely failing to do so for several years.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."