Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Still not the straw that breaks the camel's back .
    Peter would be willing to forgive Wade for what happened during SE. He was duped by a man he admired. His actions were horrible but this is someone who's done all kinds of horrible things already and was, for awhile, on a road to redemption. But if Wade goes full villain because he feels that trying to be a hero got him nowhere and he's better off embracing his dark side, that is what would make Peter go after him.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Peter would be willing to forgive Wade for what happened during SE. He was duped by a man he admired. His actions were horrible but this is someone who's done all kinds of horrible things already and was, for awhile, on a road to redemption. But if Wade goes full villain because he feels that trying to be a hero got him nowhere and he's better off embracing his dark side, that is what would make Peter go after him.
    Eh, I think Wade's action in SE should be enough to breakup the friendship without Wade needing to do anything else, since by helping HydraCap he more or less embraced his dark side in the end anyways and falling for HydraCap isn't much of a legitimate excuse.

But I guess it's Otto all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'm anticipating Pav's joy at learning the Slingers are coming back. Thanksgiving gift? Early Christmas present?
    Dude, I've been stoked for weeks now.

I've held back on making a scene about this because of Spoilers and whatnot.

But, yes: I am swear-wording excited.

It's like PAD is tapped into my brain.

-Pav, who is fine with that...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Incredible Member

How is Ben the perfect clone of Spider-Man when he's currently degenerating just like Kaine is?

BANNED

Spectacular#297 solicit

Peter Parker is back in the friendly neighborhood, but he’s persona non grata as far as the NYPD is concerned! It’s the ol’ switcheroo as we here at the House of Ideas ask that classic question – PETER PARKER: THREAT OR MENACE?!
    http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/spidey-...-legacy-reveal#

Info added to the first page.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 08-16-2017 at 08:46 AM.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

If Venom helped to boost RVY's sales, maybe a Spider Carnage story could help Scarlet Spider.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Dude, I've been stoked for weeks now.

I've held back on making a scene about this because of Spoilers and whatnot.

But, yes: I am swear-wording excited.

It's like PAD is tapped into my brain.

-Pav, who is fine with that...
    Yeah, Slingers coming back is pretty awesome, so I'm happy for you on that front. (And honestly, I liked the Slingers, too.)

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    How is Ben the perfect clone of Spider-Man when he's currently degenerating just like Kaine is?
    Maybe he fixes that problem at some point before #10, probably #6 or #7.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Spectacular#297 solicit

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/spidey-...-legacy-reveal#

Info added to the first page.
    Seems like it's not Spidey wanted by the police but Peter (which is similar to what seems to be going on in ASM), though I doubt this will be strictly Parker Industries related.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Maybe he fixes that problem at some point before #10, probably #6 or #7.

You're probably right but to me that would be wrapping up a major plot thread fairly early. The way I figure it right now the entire reason he's in Vegas is because he sees similarities between the disease that's afflicting Cassandra's daughter (Crook's disease I believe it was called) & his degeneration & is hoping to find a cure through studying & "helping" her.

Incredible Member

Also for those who are fans of the Slingers who is your favorite member of the group & why? Mine would be Prodigy because out of all of them he has the strongest desire to actually be a hero but that same passion to be a hero at times leads him to make some questionable decisions at times. (leaving his teammates to buried alive after a cave-in, getting into a drunken public fistfight with Iron Man, etc)

basically he's impulsive & kind of a jerk but it's all in pursuit of being the best hero he can be so his heart is in the right place which is what makes him interesting to me.
    Last edited by classicgmer; 08-16-2017 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Also for those who are fans of the Slingers who is your favorite member of the group & why? Mine would be Prodigy because out of all of them he has the strongest desire to actually be a hero but that same passion to be a hero at times leads him to make some questionable decisions at times. (leaving his teammates to buried after a cave-in, getting into a drunken public fistfight with Iron Man, etc)

basically he's impulsive & kind of a jerk but it's all in pursuit of being the best hero he can be so his heart is in the right place which is what makes him interesting to me.
    This doesn't really answer the specific question you asked, but I'm most excited about seeing the Slingers together again. Each character is certainly interesting, but I always was intrigued by how each one sort of represented the different aspects of Peter Parker's personality.

I'm so excited for this.

-Pav, who wonders how they'll factor in...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    This doesn't really answer the specific question you asked, but I'm most excited about seeing the Slingers together again. Each character is certainly interesting, but I always was intrigued by how each one sort of represented the different aspects of Peter Parker's personality.

I'm so excited for this.

-Pav, who wonders how they'll factor in...

Oh ok that's cool. I like Prodigy the most & I kind of think that Marvel probably sees him as the standout/most interesting of the group seeing as how he's gotten the most development out of all of them since the team book ended (that's just a guess on my part btw) but I think they're all pretty interesting.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    It seems Kaine is leaving the book after the current storyline, and with him so will I. I've never been a fan of Ben (and this Deadpool-esque interpretation has been even less to my liking), but I've really loved Kaine since Spider-Island (probably in my top 5 favourite comic characters after Peter and Miguel; tied with Flash Thompson). Personally, I think it's a shame we had to get a Ben book in lieu of either Miguel or Kaine, but I do recognize Ben Reilly fans out there have had a dearth of material for a long while. For them, at least, I hope this book does improve in quality for however long it lasts.
    Maybe they just don't want to reveal Kaines fate based on the #7 solicit. If Kaine is being written out, I just hope he doesn't die.

BANNED

Renew Your Vows#13 solicitation added

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #13
    JODY HOUSER (W) • NICK ROCHE (A)
    Cover by RYAN STEGMAN
    EIGHT YEARS LATER Part 1
    Jump eight years into the future with the web-slinging and wall-crawling Spider-Man family! Peter Parker and Mary Jane’s super-powered daughter, Annie, is now in high school. But when this teen isn’t in class, she’s swinging through the streets with her parents. After all, keeping New York safe from super villains is a family affair! But what new threat has emerged to menace the wall-crawlers?
    https://www.newsarama.com/36007-amaz...el-legacy.html

BANNED

Remaining Solicits

VENOM #157 & 158
    MICHAEL COSTA (W) • MARK BAGLEY (A/C)
    LETHAL PROTECTOR Parts 3 & 4
    Issue #157 - • After saving the dinosaur people beneath the streets of New York from Kraven, VENOM has become the master hunter’s new prey!
    • Vengeful, relentless and unable to be killed, Kraven finds himself a heartbeat away from adding a new trophy to his collection – THE HEAD OF EDDIE BROCK!
    Issue #158 - • It’s all or nothing as Venom and Kraven square off for their final battle!
    • But how can Venom protect himself and the innocents living under New York’s streets from a hunter who can’t die?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #791
    DAN SLOTT (W) • STUART IMMONEN (A)
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    THE FALL OF PARKER Part 3
    • SPIDER-MAN & MOCKINGBIRD, flying in the air, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!
    • The romance is blooming, but the Fall of Parker is at hand!
    • Can down on his luck Peter Parker escape this latest conflict with his new relationship in one piece?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    SPIDER-GWEN #26
    JASON LATOUR (W) • ROBBI RODRIGUEZ (A/C)
    GWENOM Part 2
    • S.H.I.E.L.D. is coming for Gwen and the Venom symbiote, and giving into its power may be Gwen’s only way out!
    • Is saving her skin worth losing herself?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    PETER PARKER: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #6
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W)
    MICHAEL WALSH (A)
    Cover by PAULO SIQUEIRA
    • J. Jonah Jameson’s got the scoop of the century — a once-in-a-lifetime interview with the menace of Manhattan…SPIDER-MAN!
    • PETER PARKER: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN, MY DINNER WITH JAMESON is one tale you won’t want to miss!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    SPIDER-MEN II #5 (OF 5)
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W)
    SARA PICHELLI (A/C)
    Connecting Variant by JESUS SAIZ
    • The pulse-racing final issue!
    • Peter and Miles are faced with their toughest challenge yet, and it’s one that challenges far more than their super hero skills.
    • If you thought the end of the first SPIDER-MEN series was huge, brace yourself.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    https://www.newsarama.com/36050-marv...undefined.uxfs
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 08-22-2017 at 10:11 AM.