Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    ... but I do recognize Ben Reilly fans out there have had a dearth of material for a long while.
    To be honest, that hasn't changed any time recently.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Any month without a Queenpin Black Cat mention/appearance is a good month .

BANNED

Also...primer pages have been confirmed for Renew Your Vows.

Does that mean Bagley gets to draw Spinerett and Annie?

It might also mean we get some damn clarification on the timeline of this series.

So, ASM is back to once a month now?
    "What about wheatcakes next time?"-Peter
    "Wheatcakes are yucky."-Annie

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    So, ASM is back to once a month now?
    Slott is busy with the spider man cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    How much work goes into being a consultant for the Marvel cartoons? I assumed Slott's role ended early into production once they had everything set for season 1.

I know Bendis was a consultant for USM but it didn't seem to effect his work output any. But he may have been less involved on that show.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Always something isn't there?

See if anyone can drag up the stuff he said about him producing more Spidey than ever once Surfer got axed. That stuff's always classic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Always something isn't there?

See if anyone can drag up the stuff he said about him producing more Spidey than ever once Surfer got axed. That stuff's always classic.
    ASM doesn't regularly double-ship. It's double shipping in October so I think it's fair to not do so in November.

Let's wait and see what the future holds before complaining that Slott isn't putting out enough Spider-Man issues.

Venomverse tie-in:

MONSTERS UNLEASHED #8
    CULLEN BUNN (W) andREA BROCCARDO (A)
    Cover by R.B. SILVA
    VENOMVERSE TIE-IN! and LO, THERE CAME A POISON Part 2
    • KID KAIJU has no idea what he’s capable of and now he’s accidentally summoned a POISON FIN FANG FOOM from another dimension.
    • How can Kid Kaiju be a hero if he can’t control his powers?
    • Continuing from the bombastic pages of VENOMVERSE, this issue will impact Kid Kaiju, his monsters and the Marvel Universe in ways you will never see coming.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

And Peter and Miles's OTHER teamup:

AVENGERS #673
    MARK WAID (W) • JESUS SAIZ (A/C)
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    WORLDS COLLIDE Part 3
    THE ELECTRIFYING TEAM-UP BETWEEN THE AVENGERS AND THE CHAMPIONS CONTINUES!
    The High Evolutionary has put into motion an event that will destroy not one but two Earths — and neither the Avengers nor the Champions has the power to stop it!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

CHAMPIONS #14
    MARK WAID (W) • HUMBERTO RAMOS (A/C)
    WORLDS COLLIDE Part 4
    THE ELECTRIFYING TEAM-UP BETWEEN THE AVENGERS AND THE CHAMPIONS CONTINUES!
    The High Evolutionary is on a suicide course — and he plans to take billions of people from two worlds with him! How can even the Champions and the Avengers together save an entire planet from destruction?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Thoughts:

- Didn't Kraven make himself killable again in Scarlet Spider? I guess they need to give an excuse why he can go toe-to-toe with Venom.

- Well, let's get this Mockingbird romance over with...though I think Alex Ross has done better kissing covers (like the Avengers one).

- I would be so hyped for that Jameson interview issue of Spec but I just don't really know how I feel about Zdarsky writing it .

- "If you thought the end of the first SPIDER-MEN series was huge, brace yourself." I dunno, considering how much of an anti-climax that ending turned out to be, I'm not getting my hopes up.

- Again, no mention of Queenpin Black Cat is always a good thing .

Given how things have been shaking down, I expect the revelation at the end of Spider-Men II to be that many Ultimate characters are still around. Including but not limited to the revived Peter Parker, Mary Jane Watson, Gwen Stacy, Aunt May, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Given how things have been shaking down, I expect the revelation at the end of Spider-Men II to be that many Ultimate characters are still around. Including but not limited to the revived Peter Parker, Mary Jane Watson, Gwen Stacy, Aunt May, etc.
    If that happens...then who wants to take a bet Issue 800 culminates in the deaths of every bastardised 616 character and they're replaced by the Ultimate versions?

Core Marvel gets their teenage Peter, perfectly timed with the world established in Homecoming, while older Peter fans get back the "right" Peter when the RYV Parkers come to town.

I like to wish really, really hard.

If that happens...then who wants to take a bet Issue 800 culminates in the deaths of every bastardised 616 character and they're replaced by the Ultimate versions?
    I was actually thinking Marvel was setting up for their next big crossover. Something involving the return of the Ultimate universe, or the Ultimate universe vs. 616. Or something like that.

Core Marvel gets their teenage Peter, perfectly timed with the world established in Homecoming, while older Peter fans get back the "right" Peter when the RYV Parkers come to town.

I like to wish really, really hard.
    That's some hard wishing, buddy. I hope you have a designated driver.

Also...primer pages have been confirmed for Renew Your Vows.

Does that mean Bagley gets to draw Spinerett and Annie?

It might also mean we get some damn clarification on the timeline of this series.

What's a "primer page"?