Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Default Would you want a Red Tornado solo run?

I have to admit, I've always been a huge Red Tornado fan. Loved him ever since I first came across him as a little kid in Crisis.

Do you think he'd sell well for a 12 issue run? And who would you want to write him?

BANNED

HA! I was just thinking about making this thread yesterday!

It should be obvious from saying this that I'd be all over a Red Tornado solo. Loved him in the original YJ comic, love both of the minis he's had, and just in general, he's one of my all time favorite superheroes.

I do think he could sell at least decently for 12 issues. His last mini didn't sell great, but DC was basically at its lowest point (Until the tail end of the Nu52) sales wise during that era, and I think he could do better now.

If he could work out his issues with DC, I'd say get Peter David to write it.

Three main things I'd want to see: Plenty of family interaction with Kathy and Traya, taking on Maxine Hunkel (Cyclone) as a protege, and high-concept sci-fi and fantasy, potentially involving the other Reds.

Bonus: Fit Ma Hunkle in there somewhere.

As an aside, out of the many old characters returning in Metal, John is the one I'm most hoping they're not teasing us with, and they actually have plans for.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Would you want a Red Tornado solo run?

Of course! I have loved him as a character for over 40 years now.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I love him as well, but then I love almost every android character, from the original Human Torch to Lt. Commander Data (even Data's daughter Lol, I believe I cried upon first seeing that episode).

On topic: I'm at the point of seriously wanting to read the entire run of Primal Force, simply because Red Tornado is in it. I remember being shocked and excited for him during the original Crisis. I've got his original JLA appearances on my phone, and some of the more dated ideas with him stand out--I remember some guy finding his inert body and 'carving' his face, which is just goofy, I recall an 80's issue where he opens his chest and literally plugs into a wall socket for some energy. I'd think T.O. Morrow builds them a little more advanced than that.

But yeah, Tornado, Amazo...I love them. I've yet to get my hands on the Tomorrow Woman story in JLA, though, but I'd definitely read the hell out of a Red Tornado series.

(As a kid I always wondered if he was actually spinning his lower body around to generate the force to fly, but even if that's what he was doing in my head-canon that's just too silly, even for an android, so I've decided that he's just generating wind as the elemental force that he is, which is likely the case anyway).
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

BANNED

In a heartbeat! Sadly, Red Tornado has never been able to connect with people for some reason. So in order for him to catch on, you might have to do something left field with the character. Something similar to Morrison's Doom Patrol. I'm honestly surprised that he hasn't shown up in Cyborg.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    I'm honestly surprised that he hasn't shown up in Cyborg.
    Metal is the first time we're seeing him since the Nu52 started, and hopefully it's his way back in to the DCU. If he does end up in Cyborg following the event...well then I guess I'll have to give Cyborg a shot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Metal is the first time we're seeing him since the Nu52 started, and hopefully it's his way back in to the DCU. If he does end up in Cyborg following the event...well then I guess I'll have to give Cyborg a shot.
    5464680-legends+of+tomorrow+(2016)+003-069.jpg

I hope they use this design.
    Last edited by Starchild; 08-14-2017 at 03:24 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    2009.jpg

I'm partial to this design myself.

Really though, ANYTHING is better for him than his design on Brave and the Bold. Shudders.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    2009.jpg

I'm partial to this design myself.

Really though, ANYTHING is better for him than his design on Brave and the Bold. Shudders.
    Can't beat the classic .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Can't beat the classic .
    Hey if the collar stays, I'm a happy camper either way.

Brad Meltzer please.

1. He's my favorite JL writer and ID Crisis is my favorite JLA story.
    2. The Tornado's Path during his regular run on JLA was terrific. My favorite Reddy story ever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Brad Meltzer please.

1. He's my favorite JL writer and ID Crisis is my favorite JLA story.
    2. The Tornado's Path during his regular run on JLA was terrific. My favorite Reddy story ever.
    The way he took down Grundy was epic in that run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I should give Tornado's Path another shot. I've only read Meltzer's run the once, and back then I was still bitter toward Meltzer over the horrificness of Identity Crisis. Still hate that story, but now that time has passed and now that Ralph and Sue are alive again, and the rape is non-canon, I'm not quite as angry at him specifically. (Although I'll never not LOATHE Identity Crisis for what it did to both those characters, and the DCU as a whole.) I should give his run a fair shot.

I'd support a Red Tornado series.

We are talking classic Red Tornado and not the Lois Lane Earth 2 abomination here.... right?

then yes, I am down for a Red Tornado solo series. Gladly give it a whirl.
    I have no beef with Vegans