Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mighty Member

I didn't want to wait and those spoilers do sound interesting Caivu. No mention of Dick or Damian?

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    So this story has nothing to do with Batwoman( the book) and is just a tease for an upcoming Tec arc? Ok.
    No...? The story in Batwoman will lead to this (and will almost certainly involve this future being stopped), it's just that the 'Tec arc after ALPoL will run parallel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    I didn't want to wait and those spoilers do sound interesting Caivu. No mention of Dick or Damian?
    Not referred to at all.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

I dunno why you're making it out to be more complicated than it is.

This story starts immediately after Lonely Place of Living. Its a Tec story,Batwoman 6 therefore is a prelude to a story taking place in another book.

I dunno why you're making it out to be more complicated than it is.

This story starts immediately after Lonely Place of Living. Its a Tec story,Batwoman 6 therefore is a prelude to a story taking place in another book.
    I'm not. This issue is more of a result (or possible result) of what happens after "Fall of the Batmen", and the process Kate is going to go through to get to that point is going to happen in this book. Interviews have mentioned that "Fear and Loathing" is going to see Kate's mindset fall more in line with Jacob's, and that's likely going to drive much of the conflict in "Fall". The two books are intertwined in this. I expect that they'll still be able to be read independently just fine, but they'll begin to reinforce each other as far as this storyline goes.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

BANNED

Tynion has his own dystopian future story, he'll write it in Tec and used Batwoman to tease such a story. The Batwoman book itself has a Scarecrow arc, a Safiyah arc and an Alice arc.

Its really that simple.

Tynion has his own dystopian future story, he'll write it in Tec and used Batwoman to tease such a story. The Batwoman book itself has a Scarecrow arc, a Safiyah arc and an Alice arc.

Its really that simple.
    You're not wrong. But the story in Batwoman is going to build into that future story in some way at the same time. There's no reason to think otherwise.
    Last edited by Caivu; 08-15-2017 at 11:14 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    You're not wrong. But the story in Batwoman is going to build into that future story in some way at the same time. There's no reason to think otherwise.
    The build up and reprecussions if any will be contained to Tec so Batwoman book just got strung along for no reason at all.
    I'm still looking forward to the Scarecrow arc but one more stunt like this and I'm out.

The build up and reprecussions if any will be contained to Tec so Batwoman book just got strung along for no reason at all.
    I'm still looking forward to the Scarecrow arc but one more stunt like this and I'm out.
    Why do you say that? It's not a stunt. Tynion has said that the story in Batwoman is going to involve Kate losing (or being in danger of losing) her Batwoman status, which could very well be fallout from what happens in issue #975, where Bruce and Kate's relationship "comes to a head", as he put it. The two stories are linked.
    Last edited by Caivu; 08-15-2017 at 11:59 PM.

BANNED

975? Um they haven't even solicited an issue above 967 or something and its still Tec. I dont want to talk about Tec, this is exactly what I meant when I compared it to Higgins Nightwing.

975? Um they haven't even solicited an issue above 967 or something and its still Tec.
    Screenshot_20170816-021503.jpg

From here: http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/04/07...ames-tynion-iv

Also, from here: http://community.comicbookresources....twoman-Q-amp-A

Q: Will Batwoman form her own team?

JTIV says it's an interesting idea, but no plans. He hinted that big things are building with her "over the next year" in 'Tec.
    And I'll link that exact other quote if I can find it again. I say it'll be in #975 because that was about a year away from both these interviews.

There's also these, from SDCC, I believe:

IMG_20170816_023025.jpg

IMG_20170816_023008.jpg

Tynion is talking about "Fear and Loathing". In light if what was revealed this issue, it seems pretty clear to me that her character development in her solo will inform what she does in "ALPoL" (as it should).

I dont want to talk about Tec, this is exactly what I meant when I compared it to Higgins Nightwing.
    And you were wrong to make that comparison, for reason's I've explained. The two situations are completely different.
    Last edited by Caivu; 08-16-2017 at 12:39 AM.

Mighty Member

This was pretty interesting. Need to think on it some more but Old man Jason was great and older Kate is amazing. I actually like short hair better on her older.

BANNED

Looks like a nice setup alright, picking this and Trinity later on. Curious to feel how old man Jason reads and I can already tell Kate looks the hardass she should be.

Always Rakzo

Finally some actual decent stuff!

The dystopian future is a pretty cliche concept but both Tynion and Bennett do it appropriate by presenting interesting twists about the characters here and there. My only problem is that this seems to be part of an upcoming crossover in Detective Comics (whose execution is really mixed).

Even the art was quite solid. This is the story that should have happened since the beginning instead of wasting so much time on the island of dull whose name I forgot (and don't care to remember).

Fortunately, this time Damian isnīt the villain..

BANNED

That honor goes to Tim this time around LOL.

I enjoyed it but I dont follow Tec so I wont continue with this story unless it gets some stellar word of mouth, this was blatantly a set up for Tec, it has nothing to do with Batwoman Caivu and I have proof.

It’s going to be… I think a seven-issue arc. This is Bennet's specific quote about the upcoming fear and loathing arc from Batman news interview. A seven issue arc starting in September will end in March. Tynion's dystopia story starts in November and it will reach its 8th issue before Batwoman's arc even ends so LOL no this issue has no relevance to Batwoman. No point in arguing about it.