Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This man seems Jason but... One bad Batman? Jason... Dick is impossible and... I don´t want see Damian in this situation.

I hope see another character...

I think I might end up getting this issue since I'm reading 'tec.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

BANNED

You know that when Jason muses that this isnt what Batman is supposed to be, that is bad. Nobody is winning best batman cosplay with this one.

Maybe jpv gone dark again? Damian?

BANNED

Whelp looking closer to that spread, this wouldn`t be either.

Too techy. It looks to mirror Dick`s new world order who in turn is similar to the Colony tech who in turn enjoyed spendng time playing AK. But all the silver screens and Jason`s disbeliefe of how it turned out and his wish that he should`ve stopped him makes me believe is Tim.

Which would make full circle on all the main boyos having died and turned out bad in alternative timelines.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    http://www.craveonline.com/entertain...iew-batwoman-6

Holy crap. Both Julia and Bruce are dead in this future. And there's a new Batman that might just be Jason.

This future Kate also isn't sounding like a villain to me.
    why do I feel like this is all tim drake's fault

As far as bad futures go, this certainly is a good one. As in, it's appropriately bad.

First, to clear things up: spoilers:
    Jason is indeed Kate's right-hand-man, and Tim is Batman. I said earlier in either this thread or the Batwoman thread that Tim turning dark like this would be due to Kate siding with him on something, and that seems to be the case.
    end of spoilers

What's interesting is that this future seems to be only five years on, similar to Future's End; interestingly, Montoya (who is now the Commissioner, implying that Jim is also dead) references Brother Eye. I would've thought closer to 15 years.

This issue was mostly to set up this future scenario, since Kate's mission is very simple: kill Batman. And I think it did that, since there's a lot of major changes from the present. There were some visual nods to Injustice, a similar scenario, in the design of Kate's mask (no eyewhites and similarly tall ears), which was neat.

I'm really interested in seeing how this future comes to be (and how it's prevented, hopefully), and according to the final page, that starts in 'Tec #969, "The Fall of the Batmen".

Also, I really hope that spoilers:
    Renee survived getting shot.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Caivu; 08-15-2017 at 09:56 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Well, I think it's almost definitely going to be prevented, since DC is never going to let Bruce stay dead.

I do think that she does die, though. It'd be nice if she didn't, but the writing seems to imply pretty hard that it's a loss.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

As far as bad futures go, this certainly is a good one. As in, it's appropriately bad.

First, to clear things up: spoilers:
    Jason is indeed Kate's right-hand-man, and Tim is Batman. I said earlier in either this thread or the Batwoman thread that Tim turning dark like this would be due to Kate siding with him on something, and that seems to be the case.
    end of spoilers

What's interesting is that this future seems to be only five years on, similar to Future's End; interestingly, Montoya (who is now the Commissioner, implying that Jim is also dead) references Brother Eye. I would've thought closer to 15 years.

This issue was mostly to set up this future scenario, since Kate's mission is very simple: kill Batman. And I think it did that, since there's a lot of major changes from the present. There were some visual nods to Injustice, a similar scenario, in the design of Kate's mask (no eyewhites and similarly tall ears), which was neat.

I'm really interested in seeing how this future comes to be (and how it's prevented, hopefully), and according to the final page, that start in 'Tec #969, "The Fall of the Batmen".

Also, I really hope that spoilers:
    Renee survived getting shot.
    end of spoilers
    (Reads through spoiler with mad eyes, chuckles evilly, decides to buy this issue tomorrow.)

(Looks up.)

What? Don't mind me; just passing innocently through this random thread.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

(Chuckles evilly once again)
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, I think it's almost definitely going to be prevented, since DC is never going to let Bruce stay dead.

I do think that she does die, though. It'd be nice if she didn't, but the writing seems to imply pretty hard that it's a loss.
    Certainly it will. I just have no idea how, which makes it seem inevitable. Same with the apparent death; if it really did happen, that just gives more incentive to stop this future.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Why so much evil cackling?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

So what I'm getting out of this is that there's no FutureCass in this issue, meaning I have no reason to buy it. Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    So what I'm getting out of this is that there's no FutureCass in this issue, meaning I have no reason to buy it. Thanks guys!
    You're welcome, I guess...?

BANNED

You're welcome, I guess...?
    Not sure what you're confused about. You saved me money.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Not sure what you're confused about. You saved me money.
    Eh. Just seems a bit negative for the thread. I know it's not an appreciation thread, but it doesn't really add to the discussion?

BANNED

So this story has nothing to do with Batwoman( the book) and is just a tease for an upcoming Tec arc? Ok.