Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    I enjoyed it but I dont follow Tec so I wont continue with this story unless it gets some stellar word of mouth, this was blatantly a set up for Tec, it has nothing to do with Batwoman Caivu and I have proof.

It’s going to be… I think a seven-issue arc. This is Bennet's specific quote about the upcoming fear and loathing arc from Batman news interview. A seven issue arc starting in September will end in March. Tynion's dystopia story starts in November and it will reach its 8th issue before Batwoman's arc even ends so LOL no this issue has no relevance to Batwoman. No point in arguing about it.
    Um. You missed this, I guess:

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    And you're seriously using the fact that the stories might overlap as evidence they aren't connected? Also, Bennett never actually said that "Fear" is seven issues. It could still be, and we'll have a better idea on Monday, but she didn't confirm it, only that "Fear" starts a seven-issue story (much like how the Williams/Blackman run was one long story, but broken into arcs). Fernando Blanco has stated on Twitter that he's only on for two issues, those being #7 and #8.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

I literally gave you the quote, Jesus just go to Batman news for the entire interview, she made it clear. Fear and Loathing is 7 issues, it has no time to connect to Tec unless Tynions plans on writing an arc longer than 8 issues. Chances are incredibly slim.

Fear and Loathing is 7 issues, it has no time to connect to Tec unless Tynions plans on writing an arc longer than 8 issues. Chances are incredibly slim.
    Except Bennett said the two series are connected, and will stay that way. So what if they overlap?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I literally gave you the quote, Jesus just go to Batman news for the entire interview, she made it clear. Fear and Loathing is 7 issues, it has no time to connect to Tec unless Tynions plans on writing an arc longer than 8 issues. Chances are incredibly slim.
    Doesn't preclude there being interludes, like there are between the Batman and Tec arcs. I think Bennett has massive pacing problems in her writing of this series, so I don't know if I think that's a good idea, but I also see the problem with trying to stick a whole arc of your current continuity series in an alternate future you're trying to prevent. My guess is it'll be like the Batman 666 continuity - showing up occasionally throughout the run.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Really shocking stuff here, totally didn't see that coming at all...

Ugh, so the batwoman series has been hijacked by 'Tec. >_<

The series has barely started and we've been jumping into some uninteresting past, and a future that won't happen. How about we get to see what's she's doing in the here and now (other than boring islands). I hope the next arc is good, but I wish they'd stop trying to push Colony Prime, the uninspired Transformers want-to-be.

I'm kind of tired of dystopian futures, maybe if I had enjoyed the issue more I would've come off more optimistic, but the art was average and the dialogue was extremily expository. Still, I hope that the story ends up being good

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Ugh, so the batwoman series has been hijacked by 'Tec. >_<
    No, it hasn't. They've been linked together from the outset.

If I'm reading tec should I get this issue?
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    If I'm reading tec should I get this issue?
    I'd recommend it. It shows a glimpse of what's in store, and what the 'Tec team will likely have to prevent.

All-New Member

DAYS OF FUTURE BATS!

I never, ever, read previews, so this came out of left field for me.

But I really, really liked this! I am very curious to see what's next!
    (And yes this was much better than the first arc which left me underwhelmed. And I LOVE Kate Kane.)

Patrick

BANNED

I`m curious for Tynion to expand the between years and how Jason and Kate started their aliance. It kind of looks he was there when Julia was buried tho that wasn`t given any date for.

I also like that the the start of the arc resembles RATHO`s Rebirth with Jason, right down to the color palete.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    I`m curious for Tynion to expand the between years and how Jason and Kate started their aliance. It kind of looks he was there when Julia was buried tho that wasn`t given any date for.

I also like that the the start of the arc resembles RATHO`s Rebirth with Jason, right down to the color palete.
    I'm really curious if Tynion and Bennett are talking with Lobdell, since Kate's guest starring in RHatO soon.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm really curious if Tynion and Bennett are talking with Lobdell, since Kate's guest starring in RHatO soon.
    I'm just trying to figure out which of these crossovers to be more terrified of. On the one hand, I may have to see Cass playing 2nd fiddle to Babsgirl (And the other Gotham ladies) and a hollow attempt to reconnect her with Babs. On the other hand, Lobdell.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I'm just trying to figure out which of these crossovers to be more terrified of. On the one hand, I may have to see Cass playing 2nd fiddle to Babsgirl (And the other Gotham ladies) and a hollow attempt to reconnect her with Babs. On the other hand, Lobdell.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Well, I gave the n52 Lobdell stuff a HARD pass, but the Rebirth Lobdell stuff hasn't been bad at all. I don't think it's nearly as amazing as a lot of fans do, but it's fun.