Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I wonder. We have golden age villains with Ares and Dr.Posion being the first two villains Diana encounters. The sequel is Cheetah. Could Circe be next? Honestly would it be cool to see Dr.Cyber in this sequel?
    Honestly its kinda hard to guess who will be next. If their focusing on iconic figures from the Golden age I would think the likes of Doctor Psycho or the Duke of Deception would pop up.
    On the other hand if its great Wonder Woman villains in general, then yeah, Circe would make sense. Though so would Doctor Cyber.

Incredible Member

Would you want to see Circe in a Wonder Woman movie?
    This may be an unpopular opinion, but not only do I want to see Circe in the third film, but I want Angelina Jolie to play her. For some reason, A.J. and Gal Gadot seem like they would be amazing screen partners and adversaries. A.J. can also truly help Circe become one of the great comic villains with great writing and a good visual. Personally, I'm a fan of purple haired Circe, so I would love to see A.J. with purple streaks, great makeup and an amazing costume.

Would you want to see Circe in a Wonder Woman movie?
    Hell to the yes!
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

If I had my way and we were doing a Circe in the movies thing id just go full over the top and toss in Morganna, Queen of Fables, White Magician, and Strogo. Go full over the top with all the magical

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    If I had my way and we were doing a Circe in the movies thing id just go full over the top and toss in Morganna, Queen of Fables, White Magician, and Strogo. Go full over the top with all the magical
    Who's Strogo?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Who's Strogo?
    Obscure sorcerer from the silver age. Lived in a world of fairy tales where he led an army of fairy tale monsters in his war against Cinderella

I’m thinking about it and it seems Patty could follow certain order. We have her villain lead that took inspiration form golden age. We now have Perez cheetah most likely. This leads to the next question of Circe is the next villain what storyline would she follow?

I’m thinking about it and it seems Patty could follow certain order. We have her villain lead that took inspiration form golden age. We now have Perez cheetah most likely. This leads to the next question of Circe is the next villain what storyline would she follow?
    Well assuming your right and were looking at the Perez Cheetah...Huh, im not sure. When people talk about 'the great Wonder Woman runs' the names that usually get bandied about are Marston, Perez, Simone, and Rucka.
    Ruckas run is probably the better known, though that would mean we would be looking at either Veronica Cale, or Circe.
    If Simone, then it would be either Genocide, Doctor Psycho, or Astarte.

That said, trying to guess a pattern based on one movie and one upcoming movie is kinda iffy

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    That said, trying to guess a pattern based on one movie and one upcoming movie is kinda iffy
    For that matter, once we are out of the origin stories, movie adaptations tend to be largely disconnected from particular runs. Sure, a movie might base a certain character on a specific run, or pick some specific idea from another run, but they are not more beholden to the old stories than any other new writer of the comics are.

Eg, I guess the Cheetah of WW84 will be based on Rucka's run, but that mainly concerns her relation to Wonder Woman and her background as an archeologist, philologist, or ethnologist.

If we look at the first movie, it's not really following any specific run. You can see pieces of plot and character from Marston, Pérez, Azzarello, and Rucka, along with new elements suited to the setting and the medium.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    For that matter, once we are out of the origin stories, movie adaptations tend to be largely disconnected from particular runs. Sure, a movie might base a certain character on a specific run, or pick some specific idea from another run, but they are not more beholden to the old stories than any other new writer of the comics are.

Eg, I guess the Cheetah of WW84 will be based on Rucka's run, but that mainly concerns her relation to Wonder Woman and her background as an archeologist, philologist, or ethnologist.

If we look at the first movie, it's not really following any specific run. You can see pieces of plot and character from Marston, Pérez, Azzarello, and Rucka, along with new elements suited to the setting and the medium.
    Very true. Doctor Poison in her comic debut was Japanese and named 'Princess Maru' With plots ranging from poisoning army bases with reverso, poisoning aircraft to kill them in the air, poisoning Amazons to enslave them, and led an army of goons in a large scale sabotage operation. The movie took a fair amount of liberties with her to adapt the character

Spectacular Member

I loved what Perez did with Circe when he introduced her in WW (vol 2) #18-19. She was a credible threat to Diana with clear motivations on why she wanted her dead and that carried over into her next big story which was "War of the Gods." After that, she became another generic super villain who popped up occasionally to harass WW. I like her as one of the big hitters in Diana's rogues gallery and would love to see her used in an upcoming movie, but at the moment I have no clue why she hates WW and would antagonize her. Does she hate Diana in particular or does she just hate all the Amazons? That's the story I'm waiting to see somebody write.

To be hoenst I would generally have her angry towards Diana is what the Amazons did to her. I also like Circe being kind of a person who love mayhem also. So at one point she gives random people powers just to see them fight each other.

Quote Originally Posted by The I.A.D.C. View Post
    I loved what Perez did with Circe when he introduced her in WW (vol 2) #18-19. She was a credible threat to Diana with clear motivations on why she wanted her dead and that carried over into her next big story which was "War of the Gods." After that, she became another generic super villain who popped up occasionally to harass WW. I like her as one of the big hitters in Diana's rogues gallery and would love to see her used in an upcoming movie, but at the moment I have no clue why she hates WW and would antagonize her. Does she hate Diana in particular or does she just hate all the Amazons? That's the story I'm waiting to see somebody write.
    Theres actually been a couple explanations for that given to us over the years. The first one given was that it was that ages past, Hippolyta had defeated Circe and marooned her so that she would be incapable of causing havoc and wanted revenge by getting Diana.

Then another adaption established that there was a prophecy that Diana was destined to kill Circe by burning her alive and thus Circe was going out of her way to kill Wonder Woman for the sake of her own survival.

And then another adaption established that Circe nommed Hecates soul with the goddess declaring a prophecy that her power would be nommed by another so Circe assumed it was Wonder Woman because reasons.

Some character development and a death/ressurection later and she decided she was the champion of women and got a kick out of just trolling Wonder Woman in general like a magic Mr. Mxyzptylk.

Myself, being damaged by having read too much mythology, prefers a Circe who isn't malevolent. She's got a hedonistic streak that's a mile wide, not too much thought on consequences to the people she encounter, but mostly she prefers to be left alone on her island. She can be a very problematic ally, but you really don't want to get on her bad side.

Could be. I don’t know how well-known Circe is, but DC has generally pushed her along with Cheetah.