Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kylo Ren

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    There was an underlying fear of being kidnapped as children to serve the Empire as Finn was in the movie, however something tells me that Ben is Luke's son and Rey is Han and Leia's daughter. I think that a switch was made to hid who they really were and Snoke found Ben to be the more willing Candidate to turn. I think that's why Rey took to the Falcon which even Han noticed and Ben is following his instincts for Vader. Luke will be the one to kill him as he will not turn but become more dedicated to the dark side.
    The problem is, though, that Kylo is nearly a decade older than Rey, so the timeline doesn't really work. Leia and Han confirming the movie's version in private scenes where there would be no reason to maintain the cover story doesn't help.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    There was an underlying fear of being kidnapped as children to serve the Empire as Finn was in the movie, however something tells me that Ben is Luke's son and Rey is Han and Leia's daughter. I think that a switch was made to hid who they really were and Snoke found Ben to be the more willing Candidate to turn. I think that's why Rey took to the Falcon which even Han noticed and Ben is following his instincts for Vader. Luke will be the one to kill him as he will not turn but become more dedicated to the dark side.
    Aside from Sacred Knight and Weblurker's reasons why that just doesn't work, it also doesn't make any sense.

It's two of the most famous people in the galaxy switching kids to hide one of the kids.
    A) The kid would not be hidden.
    B) Even if the kid would be hidden, the other kid would be placed in the crosshairs instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    We don't know yet the reason that Ben Solo decided to embrace the Dark Side of the Force. Through the Prequels, we saw why Anakin Skywalker did it, but so far, for Ben/Kylo, it seems like he just woke up one morning and decided that his life's ambition was to join the Dark Side.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    The novel "Bloodline" strongly implies that up to about 5 years before TFA, Ben didn't know about his legacy-he did perhaps know about Vader probably, but not his family's connection to him-nor did the rest of the galaxy. Leia and Luke's secret is outed in the novel, so perhaps resentment toward his parents for keeping that secret from him led, in part, to him embracing the dark side. The book got some ideas from Rian Johnson, so even though it's just a book, some of the ideas may present itself in TLJ.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Kylo Ren is even more pathetic as a man than as a villain.

As a man, Kylo Ren is pathetic, let alone as a human being.
    That's point, I think. The Dark Side and being evil in general is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    That's point, I think. The Dark Side and being evil in general is pathetic.
    That's not a point you should making with your main villain though

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That's not a point you should making with your main villain though
    Depends on how much effort the previous movies spent making evil cool and awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Depends on how much effort the previous movies spent making evil cool and awesome.
    I think that's the issue. When previous entries show why the villains are a threat, the new one just going "hey, this new guy is a complete idiot who is in no way effective" just makes you wonder why you should be worried about the heroes. It doesn't make your protagonists look effective it just means they're lucky to be dealing with someone so inept

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think that's the issue. When previous entries show why the villains are a threat, the new one just going "hey, this new guy is a complete idiot who is in no way effective" just makes you wonder why you should be worried about the heroes. It doesn't make your protagonists look effective it just means they're lucky to be dealing with someone so inept
    Wasn't he a threat though? It's not like he was a buffoon. The only thing he really fails at is finding the map to Luke Skywalker in TFA. It's his only real mission in the movie beyond collecting Vader memorabilia. It's not like he failed at everything either, he just doesn't know where Luke is and lost a last minute lightsaber grab. Otherwise he still killed Han Solo (a hero from the previous trilogy), embraced the Darkside through that act, was complicit in the destruction of various worlds including the then current Republic capital, was winning the duel with Rey despite the handicap until she connected with the Force, and his invasion of Jakku was largely a success. He's hardly ineffective and did/was apart of some major damage done to the heroes in the movie on a similar level to what Vader was in the first Star Wars.

Phasma on the other hand otherwise failed throughout the movie.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Wasn't he a threat though? It's not like he was a buffoon. The only thing he really fails at is finding the map to Luke Skywalker in TFA. It's his only real mission in the movie beyond collecting Vader memorabilia. It's not like he failed at everything either, he just doesn't know where Luke is and lost a last minute lightsaber grab. Otherwise he still killed Han Solo (a hero from the previous trilogy), embraced the Darkside through that act, was complicit in the destruction of various worlds including the then current Republic capital, was winning the duel with Rey despite the handicap until she connected with the Force, and his invasion of Jakku was largely a success. He's hardly ineffective and did/was apart of some major damage done to the heroes in the movie on a similar level to what Vader was in the first Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Phasma on the other hand otherwise failed throughout the movie.
    You might want to read the Phasma novel and comic. Those establish that her motivations for what she did in the movie, and it's not because she's a weakling.

I'm fine with a villain that isn't handsome-five o'clock shadow- badass-man. Don't give me another Darth Vader, give me something to think about. He's unique in how he's conflicted.