Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
    Mighty Member

If a writer has an idea for Jack, then why not? Fans shouldn't limit creators just because a writer did well with it years ago.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Definitely. I would love to see Courtney come back with the cosmic rod. But I have a feeling that DC is going to bring back Ted, and he would have to have the rod. And that's okay, because I really like Ted too.
    Definitely! Love Ted as well!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    If a writer has an idea for Jack, then why not? Fans shouldn't limit creators just because a writer did well with it years ago.
    Because that’s part of the reason that Jack is special and unique. Robinson had a clear and finite story for Jack and you can’t say that for many characters or properties.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd be shocked if Courtney isn't involved with the JSA once the team comes back.

It's the only reason I can think of that she's been in limbo for so long.
    They've confirmed that Ted is going to be on the JSA. And he will definitely have the cosmic rod. I think that would mean Courtney isn't coming back for the foreseeable future unless Ted were to make her a new cosmic rod just for her, which would be cool. Then have her join a new Teen Titans team with Tim (as Robin), Steph (Spoiler), Kon, Cassie, Connor Hawke, Miss Martian and Bart (Impulse).

That would be my dream Titans team.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Because Jack's story had a definitive beginning, middle and end. James Robinson knew the story he wanted to tell and he did it. Jack had a perfect ending and it would, IMO, take away from an amazing story if DC brought Jack back. You just know it wouldn't be long before someone came up with a bright idea of killing off his son, or Jack himself. I've seen it happen too much and for once, I just want one of my favorite characters to have that happy ending that they deserved.

I did hear though that Robinson was open to telling new stories of Jack that happened in his past as Starman that never got told. Now, I would be all for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Because that’s part of the reason that Jack is special and unique. Robinson had a clear and finite story for Jack and you can’t say that for many characters or properties.
    Exactly
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I'd be shocked if Courtney isn't involved with the JSA once the team comes back.

It's the only reason I can think of that she's been in limbo for so long.
    Agreed. Courtney is a bit of a weird case, in that she's very much Johns' character and other writers don't usually touch her, but she's also been around for so long and had such a consistent degree of visibility, she's slowly becoming something a staple. At least as far as Star-people are concerned.

If anyone is going to continue the Star legacy, Courtney's my preference. She's fun, she's got a great visual, and her story (unlike my man Jack) is open-ended.

Honestly, she's about the only person whose last name isnt Knight who I feel should be allowed to carry the legacy. No offense to Gavyn, Will, Mikaal, or whoever else, but a Star-person should belong to the Knight family in my mind (I blame Robinson for this mindset) unless they're Courtney.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I like it, but it's a little "Booster Gold" in font and color, isn't it?

This show is the only thing, other than Young Justice, that has my interest from the DCU service.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Hey Jekyll, do you have the floppies of Jack's Starman or the omnis?

I still have my floppies because I intend to get them bound. I also was very tempted to buy the omnis but decided against it because I heard they didn't include the letters pages, which is a travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I like it, but it's a little "Booster Gold" in font and color, isn't it?

This show is the only thing, other than Young Justice, that has my interest from the DCU service.
    I personally like it

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Agreed. Courtney is a bit of a weird case, in that she's very much Johns' character and other writers don't usually touch her, but she's also been around for so long and had such a consistent degree of visibility, she's slowly becoming something a staple. At least as far as Star-people are concerned.

If anyone is going to continue the Star legacy, Courtney's my preference. She's fun, she's got a great visual, and her story (unlike my man Jack) is open-ended.

Honestly, she's about the only person whose last name isnt Knight who I feel should be allowed to carry the legacy. No offense to Gavyn, Will, Mikaal, or whoever else, but a Star-person should belong to the Knight family in my mind (I blame Robinson for this mindset) unless they're Courtney.
    I loved Courtney during John's JSA run. That little crush that Billy had on her was so interesting. I wish John's had played that angle up more. Here the men of the JSA were like "Hey, this is very inappropriate. You're too old for her. You need to stop". But Billy's thinking "Hey, I'm her age, but in a man's body". Very interesting dilemma.

So if Tynion's Starman is Will Payton and not Prince Gavyn, then I wonder if we'll see Sadie show up.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I probably have to actually read the run to get a better understanding.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

I probably have to actually read the run to get a better understanding.
    Dude, you haven't read it? You have to read this series! It is awesome!

All this discussion about the character has made me nostalgic and now I want to read it again. I have a graphic novel to finish and then I'm going to do just that. Fun times!

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    So if Tynion's Starman is Will Payton and not Prince Gavyn, then I wonder if we'll see Sadie show up.
    Will's sister's true name was Jane. "Sadie" was a cover ID. But I'd only expect to see her if he got a mini-series or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    Will's sister's true name was Jane. "Sadie" was a cover ID. But I'd only expect to see her if he got a mini-series or something.
    Yep, Jayne was/is Sadie. But my question remains, I wonder if we'll see her since she is Will's sister?