Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Starman/Stargirl Appreciation!

DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree of this thread (i.e. John Stewart in the Hal Jordan thread). No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I searched the threads and did not see an appreaciation thread for these great characters! Who is your favorite wielder of the cosmic rod?

My favorites are Jack and Courtney. I love how Jack got a happy ending and decided to pass the rod on to Courtney.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jekyll; 08-15-2017 at 02:57 PM.

BANNED

My favorite is Stargirl. Growing up she had the rod, so i connected more with her. I've been wanting to read Robinson's Starman for a while. What should I expect from it?

BANNED

Jack and Courtney are my favorite members of this Family as well and I love them both, but if told to pick which I prefer, it's Jack, no question.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    My favorite is Stargirl. Growing up she had the rod, so i connected more with her. I've been wanting to read Robinson's Starman for a while. What should I expect from it?
    Gorgeous art, some of the best storytelling you'll ever find in a cape book, an amazing cast, and the whole thing is a big love letter to the Golden Age of comics.

It's not perfect, no book is, and I take serious issue with one part in particular, but it's still a brilliant book overall.

Two pretty cool characters indeed. Haven't read much about them in a long while though.

Maybe it's time for some reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Gorgeous art, some of the best storytelling you'll ever find in a cape book, an amazing cast, and the whole thing is a big love letter to the Golden Age of comics.

It's not perfect, no book is, and I take serious issue with one part in particular, but it's still a brilliant book overall.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. You will laugh, you will cry, and you will not want to put this series down until you are finished. Hands down the best series I have ever read!

Just checking, is this thread about only one version of Starman or all of them?

Jack and Courtney are awesome either way though.
    Last edited by Midnighter; 08-15-2017 at 02:48 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    I couldn't have said it better myself. You will laugh, you will cry, and you will not want to put this series down until you are finished. Hands down the best series I have ever read!
    spoilers:
    If it isn't obvious, the part I really took issue with was the killing of the JLE members. Robinson really is at his worst when playing with other people's toys. Do you agree?
    end of spoilers

I wouldn't call the series one of my personal favorites, though it's certainly up there, but in terms of pure quality, yeah, very few books top it.

BANNED

Well that's appealing to me because i always had an infatuation with the golden age.

BANNED

Well that's appealing to me because i always had an infatuation with the golden age.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    Just checking, is this thread about only one version of Starman or all of them?

Jack and Courtney are awesome either way though.
    I intended for this thread to give ALL of them appreaciation! So far only Jack and Courtney have been discussed, and by all means give some love to your favorite!

Props to all the Starmen and women (Ted, Jack, Mikaal, Gayvn/Will, Courtney, Thom, and even David) .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Props to all the Starmen and women (Ted, Jack, Mikaal, Gayvn/Will, Courtney, Thom, and even David) .
    What about Bruce Wayne (yeah, that guy)?

Also, don't forget the thread:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The only ones I'm not at least somewhat of a fan of are Gavyn/Will. Was Will's solo any good? If so I'll check it out at some point.

The only ones I'm not at least somewhat of a fan of are Gavyn/Will. Was Will's solo any good? If so I'll check it out at some point.
    I haven't read any of it, but I did like what I read of Will/Gavyn in Robinson's Starman and a Superman team-up .